• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gym

Started rowing again this morning....just kill me now.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, my thigh muscles are always so tight that squatting form's a bit iffy for me - but as I can walk properly today, I definitely think there's space to run.
Good stuff..

Your post about competition motivating each other interested me... and I have an idea that could fly ..

How about we run a thread where we log our big three lifts , Bench Deads and Squats , or one of the three or whatever the poster fancies.. But we run a bit of a competition or something , people who make the biggest progress in strength , people who hit the highest strength or whatever ? Run it in weight categories and then perhaps one for overall?

I feel there are good vibes about the forum and nobody would take it to seriously and the bit of positivity and motivation could make the training seem more productive or worthwhile?

Good stuff..

Your post about competition motivating each other interested me... and I have an idea that could fly ..

How about we run a thread where we log our big three lifts , Bench Deads and Squats , or one of the three or whatever the poster fancies.. But we run a bit of a competition or something , people who make the biggest progress in strength , people who hit the highest strength or whatever ? Run it in weight categories and then perhaps one for overall?

I feel there are good vibes about the forum and nobody would take it to seriously and the bit of positivity and motivation could make the training seem more productive or worthwhile?

tumblr_m5tp4hGOBw1qbnggp.jpg

Good stuff..

I'd be up for that. Don't start training again until July though. Will say now my bench is pretty poor. I like to think my squat and deadlift are pretty good for my age but I'm not great compared to some freaks.

None of my lifts are top class but they're grand.

1RM Bench - 75
1RM Squat - 140
1RM Dead - ?

Don't really get to try max lifts as it's generally part of training and the lowest we've ever done is about 3 reps for 4 sets. So are we going trapbar or normal deadlift?

I'd estimate my top lifts are about:

Bench: 90kg
Squats: 125kg
Deadlift: 160kg

Last edited:
Don't really get to try max lifts as it's generally part of training and the lowest we've ever done is about 3 reps for 4 sets. So are we going trapbar or normal deadlift?

I'd estimate my top lifts are about:

Bench: 90kg
Squats: 125kg
Deadlift: 160kg

Props are always just a bit big <_<

I'd be up for a competition thread, but only because I need to be shamed into improvement. Starting uni in about September so I'll have plenty of time to start piling up the weight.

How do you guys structure your big three lifts in a week? I never seem to fit in my dead lifts properly.

Props are always just a bit big <_<

I'd be up for a competition thread, but only because I need to be shamed into improvement. Starting uni in about September so I'll have plenty of time to start piling up the weight.

How do you guys structure your big three lifts in a week? I never seem to fit in my dead lifts properly.

Basically I squat and then the rest is Vainity muscles...

We have a Strength and Conditioning coach so I just do what's on the board.

Good stuff..

It could work but rather than a competition have it more as a think to encourage others on, e.g give tips on doing certain things or general advice (of which can just be done in this thread xD).

I really should start doing core lifts again, last time I did em I could get around 120kg on the squad, 90 odd dead lift and around 40kg on the bench press (full 3 sets, 7 reps) where the bench I could do closer to 80kg odd before :/ but a lack of gym till september stops that but am gonna be trying that Insanity thing over the summer (when and where I can) and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Did my first session for 5 weeks.

Warm up of foam rolling and 10-15 exercises clams, OH squats, hip lifts etc.etc.

Hang Clean 5x3 50% of 1 rpm
BB Back Squat 4x8-12
RDL 4x8-12
DB Split Squats 4x8-12
Glute Ham Raises 4x8-12

With 30s of core between each set.

Then cool down of static stretches and foam rolling.

My legs are in bits.

Did my first session for 5 weeks.

Warm up of foam rolling and 10-15 exercises clams, OH squats, hip lifts etc.etc.

Hang Clean 5x3 50% of 1 rpm
BB Back Squat 4x8-12
RDL 4x8-12
DB Split Squats 4x8-12
Glute Ham Raises 4x8-12

With 30s of core between each set.

Then cool down of static stretches and foam rolling.

My legs are in bits.

get used to the pain in your legs because its almost guaranteed that they will be in pain for quite a long time haha :p

I'm usually grand after a day or so I'm thinking about starting to take protein shakes to help recovery.

i wish i was like that and i even take shakes... just did a leg work out today and can already tell the next few days will be hell haha

I personal bested again today

150kg deep and comfortably enough ****ing thrilled

deep? as in deepth... oh wait this isn't the afrikaans thread

Done upper body today and going to be doing legs tomorrow- could anybody put up their workout? I'd be interested in seeing how mine compares ( or in ripping off theirs if it looks decent)

Latest posts