• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harlequins v Leinster

Three out of the four semi finalists in the competition are Magners League teams. It's pretty obvious where the power lies in European club rugby ;)

Leinster defended brilliantly but played a very limited style of rugby. Still, to come away from Quins home ground with a victory despite playing poorly in attack, it says a lot about Leinster's resolve.

I can't wait for the demolition job Dr Phil will do on Munster in the semi!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 13 2009, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Shanklin would have made the line.[/b]
Shanks would have run right when the ball bounced left. It's all about the leetle grey cells.

Monye's cover on BOD was awesome - did the same against Evans in the 6N Scotland match.

Great atmosphere. Two good matches today, compared to the rubbish from yesterday. Yes, Leicester/Bath was fun, but low quality.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 12 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 13 2009, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shanks would have run right when the ball bounced left. It's all about the leetle grey cells.

Monye's cover on BOD was awesome - did the same against Evans in the 6N Scotland match.

Great atmosphere. Two good matches today, compared to the rubbish from yesterday. Yes, Leicester/Bath was fun, but low quality.
[/b][/quote]
My post was a wind up.... <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 12 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 13 2009, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Have some class and respect. Good wkend of HC action dont take the high ground, even if you own it!

So... 80,000 for a Heineken Cup Semi-Final? Looking forward to it.

Do you think they're gonna hypnotise Filipe to make him think he's playing someone other than Munster?

Fingers crossed for Nigel Owens to ref it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 12 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So... 80,000 for a Heineken Cup Semi-Final? Looking forward to it.

Do you think they're gonna hypnotise Filipe to make him think he's playing someone other than Munster?

Fingers crossed for Nigel Owens to ref it![/b]

they should get Bob Rotella and Padraig Harrington in for a chat, if anyone in Irish sport, outside of Munster, have the mental game cracked it's him, the name may be Cork but he's still a Leinsterman.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 12 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hope Tom Williams "blood" injury is investigated. That sly wink to the medic as he was walking off gave it away, plus the fact that it didn't even look like blood.[/b]

Of course it was blood. Nigel Owens was happy with the substitution and im afraid old Nige did make sure that what was happening was in the law of the game. People can make what they want of the wink, but I felt it was over to you Nick. God help us had the Quins won because all people would be moaning about is the 'wink'.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 12 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 12 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope Tom Williams "blood" injury is investigated. That sly wink to the medic as he was walking off gave it away, plus the fact that it didn't even look like blood.[/b]

Of course it was blood. Nigel Owens was happy with the substitution and im afraid old Nige did make sure that what was happening was in the law of the game. People can make what they want of the wink, but I felt it was over to you Nick. God help us had the Quins won because all people would be moaning about is the 'wink'.
[/b][/quote]

well Evans hadn't even come on at that stage, was a wink at someone else, job done we've got Evans coming back on more like!

Moaning about a wink? Who in sport would ever moan about a wink?! I mean, come on, that would just be pathetic!!
:p :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 12 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Moaning about a wink? Who in sport would ever moan about a wink?! I mean, come on, that would just be pathetic!!
:p :p[/b]

cause we're a fickle lot who have to have something to moan about. :p

<strike>I was kinda having a dig at England fans over the Ronaldo Euro 2004 debacle, but it's ok that you didn't get it</strike> Quite ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 13 2009, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 12 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
My post was a wind up.... <_<
[/b][/quote]
Wind harder :p Danny gives lessons for certain ... favours.

I think the injury of Nick Evans hurt the game badly. If Nick was at 100% it would have made the game alot more close and he should have gotten that last drop goal.

Yess, great stuff.. Unable to objectively comment on the game, alas...

Now to give the big eared boys a tanking at croker, and Phil to finally expose that steamer ROG as the one dimensional spoofer he is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Apr 12 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Three out of the four semi finalists in the competition are Magners League teams. It's pretty obvious where the power lies in European club rugby ;)

Leinster defended brilliantly but played a very limited style of rugby. Still, to come away from Quins home ground with a victory despite playing poorly in attack, it says a lot about Leinster's resolve.

I can't wait for the demolition job Dr Phil will do on Munster in the semi![/b]

:D :rolleyes: Yeah, right...

Latest posts