• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Request - Name me some unique goal kickers

Toby Flood

toby flood's stance before kicking his hands bend like wilkinson but the knees are not really bent down its a little bit up straight but a little bent

Luke Mcalister has a bit of a tippy toe run up before kicking.
Mike Delany (Chiefs) sways his arms just before he kicks. Also, Stephen Donald on a punt almost lets the ball go completely before kicking it. Most players hold onto the ball for the follow through, not that random guy.

i think ye should have the kicking technique of quade cooper,jonny wilkinson,stephen jones and ronan o gara. then have some preset kicking techniques and be able to edit your players kicking style like you can do in madden with the throwing style.there has to be the option to fully edit the players stats in the game like you can do in fifa,it makes the game alot more enjoyable and that way if some people arent happy with a players rating or what boots they have they can simply change it! have the option to wear scrum caps,wrist tape,ankle tape,socks high or low,different boots,shoulder pads,body warmers,grip gloves and any other accesories i left out :D... theres huge potential for this game and i hope ye do it justice :)

Elton Jantjies of the Lions of Super Rugby has a unique kicking motion, clenches his fists together and holds them up to his head. Great young South African starlet.

Kickers worth doing

Dan Parks
Chris Paterson
Johnny Sexton
Ronan O'Gara
Jason Tovey
James Hook
Dan Biggar
Stephen Jones
Charlie Hodgson
Toby Flood
Nick Evans
Olly Barkley
David Skrela
Frédéric Michalak - kicks off a cone
Jonny Wilkinson
Felipe Contepomi
Gavin Henson - although I haven't seen him kick for ages
Lionel Beauxis
Mirco Bergamasco
François Steyn
Morgan Parra
Dimitri Yachvili
Damien Traille
James O'Connor
Peter Grant
Patrick Lambie
Quade Cooper
Stirling Mortlock
Danny Cipriani
André Pretorius
Elton Jantjies
Aaron Cruden
Dan Carter
Stephen Donald
Mike Delany
Morné Steyn
Luke McAlister
Stephen Brett
Juan Martín Hernández

O'connor sways forward and back 4 times before he normally kicks. Looks as if he is about to run and then he moves back again

James Pritchard has one of the most deliberate kicking styles out there, he also has an extremely short approach, might be a shot of him kicking for Bedford or Canada somewhere on youtube.

Dan biggar runs almost straight at it and Chris Patterson comes from a nearly 90 degree angle mirco bergamascos kicks curve from either side or goes straight. some kickers curve it others get under it or hit it low. Stephen jones hunches up and so does wilkinson. You should also take running styles into account like habana and Shane Williams take small steps and nygenwa takes fast long strides. Kicking from hand is different too. Sexton spirals it Damien trample punts it and Stephen jones hits very straight off the top of his foot

Jonny Wilkinson
Dan Carter
Matt Giteau
James O'Connor
Quade Cooper
Toby Flood
James Hook
Steven Jones
Jonny Sexton
Ronan O'Gara
Chris Paterson
Morgan Parrra
Dmitri Yachvili
Felipe Contepomi
Juan Martin Hernandez
Mirco Bergamasco
The list goes on...
Surely they can look at all the 'major' rugby playing nations kickers?

Elton Jantjes, Patrick Lambie, Butch James, Francois Steyn...all have different styles.

Latest posts