• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2013/14 Pool 5, Round 3 (Ulster v Treviso, Tigers v Montpellier)

Rene Ranger is The man!

Good recovery of the French team

Gotta agree re: Benjamin.

He's been really poor so far this season, those two tries should give him some confidence and hopefully allow him to get into some form.
Needs to play really well from now on to be in with a chance though.

Cometh the hour, cometh the Lamb. Talk about a cool head under pressure!

what a fkn dark day for Top 14 teams !! :p
Oh well..

Score for this one looks very Bledisloe Cup 3-like...a bunch of tries huh..

Ouch! that's Ravenhill for you Treviso!

Leicester v Montpellier was very cool. The French side kept coming at us like Smokin' Joe Frazer's ghost! It didn't matter what kind of punishment we dished out they kept swinging! (Joe is my fav boxer simply because of his bravery, under dog status and his strength of character in the face of OTT ridicule from the media and Mohammed Ali.) Montpellier won a fan yesterday, or at least when they play anyone save Leicester and most but not all English clubs). The Tigers are not out of the woods by a long shot. The french team showed enough moments of sublime skill to make me wary of the return trip and we can't mess up! We need to stay within at least 3 pts of Ulster preferably 2 because ulster are not lacking for confidence. Its going to be a tough round four.

Last edited:
Round 6 is already mouth-watering...

When is Tualagi back?

just watched the LEIC - MONTP match.
Pretty fkn entertaining stuff !

Gorgodze's try was hilarious !!
Toby Flood looked great.
MP's pack was great against a formidable Tigers pack. Held up in the scrum too, except for that couple of huge pushes from the Tigers, big statement.
MP's defense looked highly problematic. Goneva to Tom Youngs on the try they didn't count, Tigers were 4 on 1. And credit to the Leiceister for those 3 big tries early in the game, but some lazy-ass defense there, surprising..

Pélissié looked good in the game, but 2 easy penalties missed...costly and just not up to par with the rest of his qualities.
Match FULL of attacking and threatening from both sides. Really felt like MP were attacking in the Tigers' 22 and you'd blink and a second later you'd see the Tigers in the MP 22.
SUUUUUCH a shame that forward pass from Pélissié at the 70th for the Nagusa try.

TD with two crappy restart kicks. A magnificent talent, totally unique, but still with the occasional fkup
And what an amazingly ****ty ending for MP with Nagusa dropping the ball on restart and that dude kicking the drop in !

The Tigers had great impact at the breakdown, but MP still committed some unforgivable mistakes on defense, and repeated them...they actually easily had the potential to win this on the road. A shame...but "ifs" aren't worth anything. Tigers with a nice home win, period.

Just back from the UK what a week, family, pies, Guiness, and what a game Montpellier did a good job with silly errors but did as well as anyone could at Welford RD. thought you were all hard on Rene Ranger as it was his first game at centre for MHR. just remember to complement him when everything starts to rock and roll. The H Cup is now dead for us so we can concentrate on the TOP 14, very priviliged match day as i was invited to the Legends for lunch, roast beef and Yorkshire puds, and afters more food and more Guiness, + VIP tickets, as i was the only one representing the club i got Royal treatment very very excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaston, if you could do one more week in the HEC for pride's sake that'd be really grand of you.

Just back from the UK what a week, family, pies, Guiness, and what a game Montpellier did a good job with silly errors but did as well as anyone could at Welford RD. thought you were all hard on Rene Ranger as it was his first game at centre for MHR. just remember to complement him when everything starts to rock and roll. The H Cup is now dead for us so we can concentrate on the TOP 14, very priviliged match day as i was invited to the Legends for lunch, roast beef and Yorkshire puds, and afters more food and more Guiness, + VIP tickets, as i was the only one representing the club i got Royal treatment very very excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have some life you do.....best I ever did was similar function for Leeds at Dax on a very cold winters night when a friend got them to provide us some tickets but we did not realise that we were expected at the post match function until he went to the next home match!

I was hard on Ranger and will willingly change my view on his defence and patterns when he has settlled in (and makes vast improvement)......he did show a couple of times that he will be a handful in attack but so was Carlos Spencer!!

Gaston, if you could do one more week in the HEC for pride's sake that'd be really grand of you.

Ok if you really insist just going to training so will tell the boys they have to turn up on Sun , shame they wanted a lie in

Latest posts