The Heineken Cup Final

• Munster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

An Tarbh

So with a little over 2 weeks to go to the showpiece event in the European club game who will take the ultimate honour at the Millennium Stadium.

It certainly is the fitting final as both teams have come through their respective pools of death and both won away from home in the knockout stages.

So who's it to be?

In the London Irish match Yanick jouzion missed a shocking amount of tackles so if Munster run Mafi and Tipoki at him they should get a good few brakes . Heymans also looked pretty shaky on defense. Defensively for Munster the agressive defending of Mafi Tipoki and Howlet will be crucial. Munster should dominate Toulouse up front and win a few turnovers and then they can lanch quick counter atacks taking advantage of Toulouses weak defense

Well, I'm to much of a Ronan O'Gara fan to rout for the Frenchies.

Go Munster!

I'm not sure to be honest. If any team can beat Toulouse it's Munster.
I think the crowd will be a factor, and Kidney's last game should also work in Munster's favour.
Outside of that there is **** all to seperate them. I'm going for Munster.

In the London Irish match Yanick jouzion missed a shocking amount of tackles so if Munster run Mafi and Tipoki at him they should get a good few brakes . Heymans also looked pretty shaky on defense. Defensively for Munster the agressive defending of Mafi Tipoki and Howlet will be crucial. Munster should dominate Toulouse up front and win a few turnovers and then they can lanch quick counter atacks taking advantage of Toulouses weak defense
[/b]

I think you're being a bit dismissive of the Toulouse pack there, bare in mind Munster didn't have it all their own way against Saracens and no offense to them but I think it's a step up against Toulouse. I still think Munster are capable of putting in the performance but they're going to need a massive improvement on the semi-final performance.

I can see Toulouse winning by 10-15 points. I just think that the forwards will be a match for Munster and then its up to the most dangerous back-line in Europe to produce the goods against a fine defensive Munster backline( no disrespect to their backs but defensively Munster are excellent). Munsters biggest chance is to soak up the pressure and hope that the fragile French temperament breaks under the weight of expectancy. Stick by my prediction though. Should be a good day out for the "fairweather" Munster fans!

Toulouse pack are pretty strong this year. Sowerby, Albacete and even Kelleher at scrum half have brought more stability and quality to this team. The defense was catastrophic against the Irish, but they were burned after some injuries and a tough game against Clermont...

Toulouse will certainly make some turnovers until the final to bring a fresher team. But I think it will be a very close game. Toulouse seems to have a strong mental, they are always able to be back in the game after some blows. But if they miss as much tries opportunities as against the Irish, Munster will be remorless and win the game.

Yeah, we all know about Toulouse backs, but their pack is not made of rubber either. Servat is in good form, Hasan or Perugini are very good, Albacete and Pelous are having the season of their lives. And they got 4 loosies: Sowerby Nyanga Dusautoir Kelleher :blink: .

Guy Noves will have them red hot for the occasion, plus I think Byron will be on fire. First season in NH in the greatest club in the World, HC final....
It will be close but on the paper Munster pack is not THAT superior.

Im split on this ... I hate Munster and I hate Tolouse,

But I want a Mangers Laeague Team to win it but I honestly dislike Munster

oh the confusion!

Munster.
They Have John Hayes....
How can they lose?
:D
He's my favourite!
john-hayes(1).jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I think you're being a bit dismissive of the Toulouse pack there, bare in mind Munster didn't have it all their own way against Saracens and no offense to them but I think it's a step up against Toulouse. I still think Munster are capable of putting in the performance but they're going to need a massive improvement on the semi-final performance.
[/b][/quote]

On paper Toulouse pack is almost as good as munster but has any one noticed how almost the same pack is only average for Ireland and unreal for Munster so you cant really look at on paper. In terms of how good the players in the toulouse pack are I would say they have almost as good a pack (you could say better)but im not looking at it on paper .

I reckon Toulouse will score one maybe two spectacular tries but for most of the match Munsters defence should be on top. Weather Munster will actually score more points im not sure. I voted for Munster to win the poll but that is because im hopefull I really cant call it. Lets Just hope Jouzion keeps missing the tackles

Also would people stop saying Munster performance against the Saracans was crap thats an insult to the Saracans who played unreal. Only some aspects of the porformance were crap. Considering how little ball they had they defended class and when they did get the ball dispite **** passes from O Leary and O Gara the atacked well

Well firstly there's a bit of a difference between international level and Heineken Cup level, I don't think given the choice that Noves would have many of the Munster players in his pack, O'Connell and Leamy would be just about it. Collectively they do well as a unit but weaknessess have continued to be exposed this season, the lineout isn't infallible and the scrum was a shambles against Saracens, both are areas where Toulouse could cause Munster serious problems unless Munster are right at the peak of their performances which they're going to need to be.

Saying Munster played crap isn't an insult to Saracens in my opinion, the set piece was poor and both O'Gara and O'Leary were woeful as well, if that happens against Toulouse, which I don't think it will, then it'll be an easy win for them.

If Toulouse do get 1 or 2 tries they'll be well set for victory no doubt aided by the penalty machines in the Munster pack.

The main issue for Toulouse will be going though the remaining fixtures of the top 14 without injuries.

An injury to Jauzion, Kelleher or Albacete would seriously undermine their chance.

An injury free Toulouse should win.

Well firstly there's a bit of a difference between international level and Heineken Cup level, I don't think given the choice that Noves would have many of the Munster players in his pack, O'Connell and Leamy would be just about it. Collectively they do well as a unit but weaknessess have continued to be exposed this season, the lineout isn't infallible and the scrum was a shambles against Saracens, both are areas where Toulouse could cause Munster serious problems unless Munster are right at the peak of their performances which they're going to need to be.

Saying Munster played crap isn't an insult to Saracens in my opinion, the set piece was poor and both O'Gara and O'Leary were woeful as well, if that happens against Toulouse, which I don't think it will, then it'll be an easy win for them.

If Toulouse do get 1 or 2 tries they'll be well set for victory no doubt aided by the penalty machines in the Munster pack.
[/b]

I dont think theres that much diference between Heineken cup and international level once you get the qaurter finals or if your in a pool of death.
I only said they were good in some areas against Saracans. I agree the set peice was a shambles and O Gara and O Leary were bad but i doubt they will repeat that performance against Toulouse. Munster have shown that their lineout can be world class against Wasps for example.
As for the scrum i think the Toulouse scrum isnt exactly unreal either. Also if the Toulouse defense is like it was against London Irish (wich im not saying it will be) and Munster take their chances they should get on or two trys as well.

I hope Tiomas O Leary is given another chance after his poor performance aghainst Saracans because Stringer is crap

I hope Tiomas O Leary is given another chance after his poor performance aghainst Saracans because Stringer is crap
[/b]

He'll certainly have to impress in the Glasgow game, that's if he even starts.

Toulouse are favourites, but it's not clear.

Both sides have defensive weakness in midfield. And Heymans needs to do a lot better - which he can.

Battle in the forwards could go either way.

But Munster are the only team in Irish history who don't give two fcuks about the French ... or anyone else.

Therefore Munster will win. Simple as. :p

Please beat Munster Toulouse so we dont have to see any more stupid,****** up ***** running onto the field at the end of anymore games.

Latest posts