• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HES announces Rugby League Live for PS3/360

£50....bleedin' heck

Hopefully it's not exclusive to amazon/is in game, so i can trade a few games in and get it for a better price, or it's at least a couple of quid cheaper on play or zavvi or something

Ah, that's more acceptable then,
Still gutted it's not out until november =/

I'm trying to get my "connections" oversea's to get me an import copy, but only if they can get it to me before middle of october :p Any later and i may as well wait till november, although i'll have to get it online anyways, seeing as every retailer (that i've been to) down in south wales has said they probs wont get a copy - they'll all get sent to north of england and up to the goggs :p
I need my fix soon, u lucky buggers down under are making me jealous :( :( I wanna play as my crusaders - which did a fantastic job yesteday and were robbed!!! ;) - Hopefully if theres a patch they'll be better than 68 overall (someone on the SIDHE Forums has posted teams overall's). :D :D

It didn't with RL3 :(
Well, not for a few weeks after release anyhow. Just checked and seen i paid £18 more than it's going for now

Alright guys/gals may I be the first, or one the first to apologise for my bad review of Rugby League Live!!!
I will dutifully eat my words, and bump up my rating of 4 or 5/10 to a joyful 7.5/10.

I decided to hire RLLive out again over the weekend, for just one night, and ended up keeping it for the whole weekend, racking up fines, but who cares when your having fun ay?? I should have given it longer to see the real game underneath. You have to play smart footy, and look for gaps, not make silly mistakes like too many passes. I cant quite explain what i mean, but when you first play it dont make any assumptions until you are a few days into playing it, and you will find out what I mean. Might buy it this weekend!!!!

Another one seeees the light!. LOL!.

Nice one bro, glad you gave it another chance, it reallly is agreat game to play, sure it has a few ****les and less features but it really is THE most rewarding gamplay experience I've ever experienced in a Rugby League game.

I have Amy trained up to be fairly decent at it now, she plays as the Rabbitohs. So our competition will have three teams now. Only need a few more players! :D

I'm definitely a wooden spoon contender, haven't had time to play much at all, doesn't help that I still love to play Fifa 10 as well.

Alright guys/gals may I be the first, or one the first to apologise for my bad review of Rugby League Live!!!
I will dutifully eat my words, and bump up my rating of 4 or 5/10 to a joyful 7.5/10.

I decided to hire RLLive out again over the weekend, for just one night, and ended up keeping it for the whole weekend, racking up fines, but who cares when your having fun ay?? I should have given it longer to see the real game underneath. You have to play smart footy, and look for gaps, not make silly mistakes like too many passes. I cant quite explain what i mean, but when you first play it dont make any assumptions until you are a few days into playing it, and you will find out what I mean. Might buy it this weekend!!!!

I think you've explained it a lot better than you realise.

If you try and throw long passes out and the defence has moved up, it gets intercepted. If you compress your defence and the computer attacks down the wing, odds are that it's going to be a try... it's the most realistic rugby game, either code, that I've played with regards to those aspects.

And regards the RPP, I'm not defending it but blame Microsoft - they started this higher RRP trend with Forza 3 last year. The game will be getting a release in both Game and Gamestation - I expect they'll be selling for £45ish.

Im glad I've got a few games I will trade in which will make the price a bit nicer :lol: plus I get 10% discount for being a student in Game :D

Agreed Dan, but alot of kids aren't coming to grips with this new realistic style of footy, even Ross from Bigant admits there should have been a more arcadey difficulty for those that just want to break the line all the time and score tries,I just think they were getting things too easy with Sidhes RL games, RLL is on the right track to greatness for a Rugby League game, I know it.

It is a really good platform laid, many aspects of the gameplay are really well done and skills determine results, the defense is tough at times but not cheap either, with a bit of practice, skill and accuracy and mistake free smart footy on attack and any difficulty can be beaten, you never really get the sense the AI cheated you, you feel they beat you on skill and always tend to know when you went wrong and gave away the crucial penalty, knock on, forward pass to give away possesion and field territory and to have the AI play relatively smart footy to get over the line as well to punish you for mistakes is just fantastic for an AI opponent.

LOOOOOVE ITTT!!!.

I love this game. Admittedly I'm still average but I'm loving every minute of it and thats just against the AI!!, against mates it raises to another level again. Fantastic for a first crack at it in my opinion.

plus I get 10% discount for being a student in Game :D
:eek: I was not aware of this fact!

I was disappointed that Mafia 2 was as short as it was, but i can now trade it in to get money off of RLL when it's out, so it's all works out well in the end

:eek: I was not aware of this fact!

I was disappointed that Mafia 2 was as short as it was, but i can now trade it in to get money off of RLL when it's out, so it's all works out well in the end

When I was in Cardiff they say are you a student and I say yes and I get 10% discount :D

im the same as you radman, i love fifa10, so im always online playing that. You keen for a game?? My PSN is YNUIGUY.be keen for a new challenger!!!!

Also would love to join the comp!! Ill take the Tigers if they aint taken already!!!!!!

Last edited:
im the same as you radman, i love fifa10, so im always online playing that. You keen for a game?? My PSN is YNUIGUY.be keen for a new challenger!!!!

Also would love to join the comp!! Ill take the Tigers if they aint taken already!!!!!!

Their not taken! Well that makes it:

C A Iversen: Cronulla Sharks (psn id: craigiversen)
Radman: New Zealand Warriors (psn id: RadmanNZ)
Amy Iversen: South Sydney Rabbitohs (psn id: AmyIversen)
ynuiguy: Wests Tigers (psn id: YNUIGUY)

I guess we need two more maybe to get things started. All competitors are New Zealanders so far, so connections should be okay. I might start a new thread for us soon to get this all going. :D

well i'd like the Crusaders, but if Cymro o'r Olly want em they can have first dibs :D seeing as they have been on here longer than me :D :D

Latest posts