• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HES announces Rugby League Live for PS3/360

EB games has released early in NZ, the Johnsonville store anyway in Wellington. ******** informed me at 4pm, couldn't pick it up. Thats me 9am tomorrow, thinkin of camping outside the store hahaha, keen as.

I'll try an obtain a copy within the next 10 hours from The Warehouse if I can. From what I've seen it's the first decent playable Rugby League game since Rugby League 1. Radman is adamant that he's enjoying it more than any other so far, and side-view is great, so yeah I guess my arm has been twisted.

ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr and us Uk gamers must wait till November :( :( :( not cool!! looks good so far, although i'm yet to see any sidesteps or fends (seen the dummy's and they look pretty good). Any of you from down under think its worth importing??? O'r just wait two months :( :( wots the team ratings like?? Are the crusader poop?? (hope not they've been decent this season - cue abuse :D)

Would it be cheaper to import in bulk? So if we asked a kind sir to get us the game and we wire them the money and they send it over ... will it be cheaper?

You'll get stung for import taxes. Be warned. My St George-Illawarra shirt ended up costing mum and dad nearer £80 than the £50 they paid. I'll be waiting for it to come out over here. It's not great having to wait, but them's the breaks unfortunately.

I'll try an obtain a copy within the next 10 hours from The Warehouse if I can. From what I've seen it's the first decent playable Rugby League game since Rugby League 1. Radman is adamant that he's enjoying it more than any other so far, and side-view is great, so yeah I guess my arm has been twisted.

That is all I personally ever wanted, a better game than RL1 and I got it.:)

That is all I personally ever wanted, a better game than RL1 and I got it.:)

Hey Radman thanks for the vids u been posting on youtube :D :D great stuff. Glad ur doing more work than HES themselves :p looks rather fun to play :D
is the sidestep and fend effective at all?? aint seen any really being performed in any of the vids (not that thats a criticism) :D great work, glad your lot down under are enjoying it while us brits have to wait 2 months ggrrrrrr. I dont know if shelling out 80 quid is really worth it??
:D :D

Radman Video's

Last edited by a moderator:
sidecam is epic, i cant wait to get my hands on this, with the mighty green machine!!!!

The tackles look great, especially with the second man coming in on the fly as apposed to the canned "2 man tackle" animations previous games have had. I think I remember the developers saying the tackles were their focus in this installment. I did notice a run-away player tackled from behind and standing in the tackle though, kinda a pet hate of mine; any tackle from behind at speed will result in players falling forward (or at least falling down) not instantly stopping still and standing in the tackle.

Also bombs look fun and contestable. I especailly liked how one high kick bounced randomly off the players going up for it. This game looks like rad fun. Bring on multiplyer!!!

hey guys in nz it is out now at your local video shop!!!! Well it is down here in lower hutt wellington. First thoughts are is its OK!! any q's just ask. im playing now so just give me a few mins to answer them

Been playing this game most the day now. First thoughts are that the offense is crap, passing is crap. Defensive options are pretty good (can make the D line slide left or right and compress). Offense definitely lets this game down, how hard is it to make a game where draw and pass works! rugby 08 has done it the best so far. Can't even do quick passes down the line without your players over running or an intercept grrrrr. However still playable for sure, specially those right into league/union. Gotta keep reminding myself it's the first league/union game on the ps3/360 and it's gonna get a hell of alot better in the future, no doubt.

I'm on PS3 and am online (PSN: ACTINUP). Havn't tried online yet with this particular game still getting comfortable with the controls and gameplay and not keen for hidings yet hahaha. I'm hoping online doesn't lag, anyone go online withit yet?

i tried online but theres no one on there!!! Wanna be the first in the world to play online league????????

ynui whats ur psn mines evolnz just been tryn to play Radman but no luck yet

haha gutted. Would be keen but at work til 11.30ish. I'd say the next few days online should start cranking.

Latest posts