• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HES announces Rugby League Live for PS3/360

Well actually Rugby League Live wasn't a sequel... it was an entirely new game by a new developer and requiring a new game code. So they didn't actually "take anything out", they just didn't build equivalents that existed in the Sidhe franchise. Just remember how bare bones the current gen (they're no longer "next gen") Madden ***les were when they first came out. It wasn't because they "took things away", it was because they had to start from scratch and couldn't use the old codes.

I have to agree with that and in particular that whole "next gen" thing. It really strikes me as an unintelligent thing to say (even up to 12months ago) and always biases my view against whatever other point the poster makes. To all you fools out there, it's current generation!!!!!!!! :D

Well actually Rugby League Live wasn't a sequel... it was an entirely new game by a new developer and requiring a new game code. So they didn't actually "take anything out", they just didn't build equivalents that existed in the Sidhe franchise. Just remember how bare bones the current gen (they're no longer "next gen") Madden ***les were when they first came out. It wasn't because they "took things away", it was because they had to start from scratch and couldn't use the old codes.

Still, no excuse for insulting us gamers who are massive league/union fans. Nintendo's version had plenty, does anyone know if that was made from scratch?. I don't buy into the whole this game is not a sequel they had plenty to work with and decided on bare minimal if you can even call it that. As for the for calling it a 'next generation' league game I did so based on HB studios calling the next installment of the Rugby (2012) 'next generation'. Sorry to insult your intelligence C A Iversen, I beg for your forgiveness. By the way us fools are the ones carving this new RLL game up online haha.

Still, no excuse for insulting us gamers who are massive league/union fans. Nintendo's version had plenty, does anyone know if that was made from scratch?. I don't buy into the whole this game is not a sequel they had plenty to work with and decided on bare minimal if you can even call it that. As for the for calling it a 'next generation' league game I did so based on HB studios calling the next installment of the Rugby (2012) 'next generation'. Sorry to insult your intelligence C A Iversen, I beg for your forgiveness. By the way us fools are the ones carving this new RLL game up online haha.

Thats perfectly okay Hurricane Nate, you didn't insult my intelligence, I merely said that the phrase next gen when referring to the current consoles is an annoyingly obsolete phrase.

Next generation of Rugby gaming refers to rugby gaming that is no longer produced by EA Sports or Codemasters. It also refers to the jump up from the previous gen of PS2/Xbox to current gen.

Who's to say that "fools" are carving up on the new RLL game online? Just because you've won a few games means nothing. I've won a lot of them myself. As for signing off "haha", I've lost my way to the joke can you give me directions?

I'm going to have a few games of this in less than an hour.

I'm not messing about, but those 3 origin games Dan and i just had (especially the first one) were absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

I was 8 - 0 up as the blues (missed both kicks) then Dan gathered momentum and built up an 8 - 18 lead. The lead changed hands as I came back into it to lead 20 - 18 with 5 minutes left on the clock. Dan put a bomb up, caught it over the line and the video ref gave the green light on 78 minutes. Final score 20 - 24 to queensland. I have to say though, a video ref decision against me was diabolical and brought dan back into the game. I would have been 26 - 18 up had the try been given... and it should have been!!!! :D

Anyway, I got him back with the last two games. I won 26 - 6 and 27 - 0 to take the shield!!!! Absolutely brilliant.

Multiplayer has changed my mind on this game. I've not had as much fun playing a rugby game against a mate since Jonah Lomu Rugby. I can safely say that I have learned to live with the games shortcomings and work around them, rather than dwell on what's not right. This game has improved ten fold since I've started thinking this way.

Awesome games of Rugby League.

This game certainly shines much greater in multiplayer but the AI is still really well done in this game also.

I'm not messing about, but those 3 origin games Dan and i just had (especially the first one) were absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

I was 8 - 0 up as the blues (missed both kicks) then Dan gathered momentum and built up an 8 - 18 lead. The lead changed hands as I came back into it to lead 20 - 18 with 5 minutes left on the clock. Dan put a bomb up, caught it over the line and the video ref gave the green light on 78 minutes. Final score 20 - 24 to queensland. I have to say though, a video ref decision against me was diabolical and brought dan back into the game. I would have been 26 - 18 up had the try been given... and it should have been!!!! :D

Anyway, I got him back with the last two games. I won 26 - 6 and 27 - 0 to take the shield!!!! Absolutely brilliant.

Multiplayer has changed my mind on this game. I've not had as much fun playing a rugby game against a mate since Jonah Lomu Rugby. I can safely say that I have learned to live with the games shortcomings and work around them, rather than dwell on what's not right. This game has improved ten fold since I've started thinking this way.

Awesome games of Rugby League.

It's been interesting to watch the reactions of all the TRF rugby gaming veterans. You could almost chart it on a graph; initial plunges into disappointment and almost anger, followed by a rise in enjoyment after learning the nuances of the game to finally being convinced that this game is close to being the best rugby game since JLR.

You lot have always produced very sound analyses of all your games, and the fact that you all seem to follow this trend suggests that this game is truly a diamond in the rough.

Can't wait to get it! :)

Still, no excuse for insulting us gamers who are massive league/union fans. Nintendo's version had plenty, does anyone know if that was made from scratch?. I don't buy into the whole this game is not a sequel they had plenty to work with and decided on bare minimal if you can even call it that.

Nintendo's version was certainly not made from scratch. It is a genuine sequel to Rugby League and Rugby League 2 on the PS2/XBOX and PC. This is why they had all the features; the developer had been developing the code for franchise etc in previous instalments.

I personally don't see how a new developer trying to make a League game virtually from scratch is an "insult" either. Sure it's low on features, but the experts seem to agree that it has the greatest gameplay depth of a rugby game in years. And that to me is worth the loss of a few modes.

And we both know what exactly that patch should be for.;)

Thats perfectly okay Hurricane Nate, you didn't insult my intelligence, I merely said that the phrase next gen when referring to the current consoles is an annoyingly obsolete phrase.

Next generation of Rugby gaming refers to rugby gaming that is no longer produced by EA Sports or Codemasters. It also refers to the jump up from the previous gen of PS2/Xbox to current gen.

Who's to say that "fools" are carving up on the new RLL game online? Just because you've won a few games means nothing. I've won a lot of them myself. As for signing off "haha", I've lost my way to the joke can you give me directions?

Thanks for the clearing up controversial matter of 'next generation' games, I'll sleep easy tonight. Your definition of 'next generation' games applies to the way I described rugby league live. New developer and a jump up to ps3/360. Anyway all this means nothing when essentially us gamers have been ripped off. Rugby league lite would be a more appropriate ***le for this game. You can choose your teams strip (one of 2 options, unless you unlock the heritage jerseys which takes it up to a massive 3) aaannnnddddd not much else. The gameplay is worse than rugby 08 on PS2 which was released how many years ago?. I think we should just agree that this game leaves alot to be desired and that the only saving grace is that it's online. Hell I'm even suprised you can play online being in Invercargill and all bahahaha. Don't they only have dial up?.

... all this means nothing when essentially us gamers have been ripped off. Rugby league lite would be a more appropriate ***le for this game.

"Us gamers"? I think you mean that YOU feel ripped off. The TRF rugby gaming vets almost universally love the game after coming to grips with it - even harsh critics like Locksley. You don't know what being ripped off is... you never played the abomination that is EA's Command and Conquer 4. THAT is being misled. THAT is being ripped off. Rugby League Live wasn't called "Rugby League 3" for a reason: it's not a sequel.

.I think we should just agree that this game leaves alot to be desired and that the only saving grace is that it's online. Hell I'm even suprised you can play online being in Invercargill and all bahahaha. Don't they only have dial up?.

Again, you can think that all you like, but the consensus here is that you'll have very few people agreeing with that statement.
Look, it's fine that you don't like it and are upset that it's not a big budget EA game, but don't act like everyone has to agree with you. Some of us live in the real world where it's actually not that easy to make a high class video game of a sport with a tiny market. The fact that the game play is so deep is actually something of a miracle, and most serious league fans seem pretty pleased.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clearing up controversial matter of 'next generation' games, I'll sleep easy tonight. Your definition of 'next generation' games applies to the way I described rugby league live. New developer and a jump up to ps3/360. Anyway all this means nothing when essentially us gamers have been ripped off. Rugby league lite would be a more appropriate ***le for this game. You can choose your teams strip (one of 2 options, unless you unlock the heritage jerseys which takes it up to a massive 3) aaannnnddddd not much else. The gameplay is worse than rugby 08 on PS2 which was released how many years ago?. I think we should just agree that this game leaves alot to be desired and that the only saving grace is that it's online. Hell I'm even suprised you can play online being in Invercargill and all bahahaha. Don't they only have dial up?.

No-one ripped you off. You can choose not to buy any game. Or hire to trial it.

Sad attempts to insult the town I live in and making assumptions of my personal circumstances with a bahahaha added to it only further illustrate the mentality I'm dealing with here. It's the behaviour of online trolls, pull your head in mate and grow up, I haven't gotten personal with you.

So last week, i finally cracked an chose to import it from mighty ape nz. It just came through the mail this morning (the best thing being that they sent it as a gift and I have no import tax to pay :D).

So last week, i finally cracked an chose to import it from mighty ape nz. It just came through the mail this morning (the best thing being that they sent it as a gift and I have no import tax to pay :D).

Lucky git!

I want this game now :D :D but spending like 80 squids on a game, specially with my first month back in uni being start of october. Gonna play all my rugby games to death until November 2nd i guess (although been into game in cardiff - and they don't know it exists :( :( ). hope u guys are enjoying :D

Latest posts