• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Homosexuals in Rugby Union, your oppinions.

Should homosexuals be aloud to play professional Rugby Union?

• Yes, if they wish to play it then they should.

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • No, the only Rugby they will be playing will be on the Xbox.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
of course they can play, whether your gay or not isn't an issue the minute you step onto the pitch its all about coming together and winning the match.

Well, it's simple really and we have hit on it alot already. Look, if a man can play rugby, let him play rugby. I mean...let's look at it this way. When England play Germany in any sport, do you think the players are thinking the Germans will still be affected by the loss in World War II? I doubt it. So why would a gay man be any different? Why would a gay man NOT be thinking of victory? Just because a gay man is gay and likes men, that's his choice and to be honest if the man can play, who cares?

Rugby is supposed to be a sport by ruffians played by gentlemen, right? Let's not go the way the football fans of the world tend to go. Let's show the world rugby is a game for all.

Well, it's simple really and we have hit on it alot already. Look, if a man can play rugby, let him play rugby. I mean...let's look at it this way. When England play Germany in any sport, do you think the players are thinking the Germans will still be affected by the loss in World War II? I doubt it. So why would a gay man be any different? Why would a gay man NOT be thinking of victory? Just because a gay man is gay and likes men, that's his choice and to be honest if the man can play, who cares?

Rugby is supposed to be a sport by ruffians played by gentlemen, right? Let's not go the way the football fans of the world tend to go. Let's show the world rugby is a game for all.

Thats exactly right, although I'm not sure the WWII analogy works so well.

Why aren't women allowed to play in Mens rugby teams? If it is a sexual thing, then surely homosexuals should not be allowed to play with straight people.

If we're getting technical Veux, why should blacks play with whites? That's much the same thing. You can't discriminate because of sexual orientation or colour. Besides, the only reason I can imagine we don't have mixed sex teams is because it WOULD be dangerous either way.

Latest posts