• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I'm hoping France beat Ireland next weekend

New Zealand will play the runner up of Pool D in the Millennium Stadium. If Ireland beat France, it is a 2007 rematch, same ground and all. Odds on Wayne Barnes to ref, and Michalak to set up the winning try? ;)

I like the way you think! this could very well put the wind up our friends across the ditch.

I like the way you think! this could very well put the wind up our friends across the ditch.

Oh believe me - I think most New Zealander's would be more than happy to have that rematch. Time to put that demon to rest.

That said we have only ever played Ireland in 1 World Cup - back in 1995 - so I wouldn't mind facing them in the QF for the novelty of it.

Last edited:
Oh believe me - I think most New Zealander's would be more than happy to have that rematch. Time to put that demon to rest.

That said we have only ever played Ireland in 1 World Cup - back in 1995 - so I wouldn't mind facing them in the QF for the novelty of it.

Agreed my gut feel is Ireland would push us harder if they were both on top of their game.

France toured a couple of years back and they just werent that great. Even with the obvious revenge motive they just didnt stack up it was rather dissapointing actually from my perspective.

And I feel that in the WC final we were slightly hamstrung it would be nice to meet them again in a winner takes all at full strength so nobody can keep coming up with ridiculous BS like France should of won the final in 2011.

It is a daunting memory, and a match up that I would love to see happen, as I have a ticket and will be there.
It occurs to me that the All Blacks have never beaten France in the RWC except in the final?
Is that right?
'99 and '07 we copped an All Black Eye from the frogs and '87 and '11 we won the final against them.
Be nice to give them tomato nose and send them home before the final and break the hoodoo but it sure won't be easy because the French who have looked woeful under PSA for the last two years seem to have found some form at the RWC against the lesser teams, they certainly have a big game in them so lets see how they get on against Ireland on Sunday (I'll be there for that one too) probably a little worse for wear after going to Twickers on Saturday.
Twickers, now the home of foreign rugby. Lol

France toured a couple of years back and they just werent that great. Even with the obvious revenge motive they just didnt stack up it was rather dissapointing actually from my perspective..

True but PSA was the manager and the squad could not pick from at least the finalists of the Top 14 play offs which ended days before or even at the start of the tour......

This game is too tight to call mainly because of the imponderables such as which Michalack will turn up for one!!

It is a daunting memory, and a match up that I would love to see happen, as I have a ticket and will be there.
It occurs to me that the All Blacks have never beaten France in the RWC except in the final?
Is that right?
'99 and '07 we copped an All Black Eye from the frogs and '87 and '11 we won the final against them.
Be nice to give them tomato nose and send them home before the final and break the hoodoo but it sure won't be easy because the French who have looked woeful under PSA for the last two years seem to have found some form at the RWC against the lesser teams, they certainly have a big game in them so lets see how they get on against Ireland on Sunday (I'll be there for that one too) probably a little worse for wear after going to Twickers on Saturday.
Twickers, now the home of foreign rugby. Lol

You beat them twice in 11

Fair enough.

I just don't like Irish rugby.

Nothing more to say really.

I just base on looking at all your comments. You don't offer much in the way of talking much about rugby. Just rattled off facts that were all badly false and just stirring it about Irish or English.
So as I said I'm just presuming your troll. Pity as its sad to see when there's some great Welsh posters here.

Ireland may not see a semifinal you right. But not because they're bad but regardless of who we play in QF it'll be a tough game. Argentina have been playing excellent and the All Blacks are the best team over past 10 years.

Last edited:
Is that right?

Nope, we beat them in the 2003 third place playoffs and the 2011 pool game.

Since years the french rugby is unimpressive and predictable.
Where is our "petit coup de pied à suivre"? (kick and follow through)
Gone down the tubes with the champagne.
Don't get me wrong we can still go all the way to the final, since rugby has evolved and is now closer to US Football.
This is still the rugby champagne but the bottle is empty and is now used as a club to bash the opposing team.

Since years the french rugby is unimpressive and predictable.
Where is our "petit coup de pied à suivre"? (kick and follow through)
Gone down the tubes with the champagne.
Don't get me wrong we can still go all the way to the final, since rugby has evolved and is now closer to US Football.
This is still the rugby champagne but the bottle is empty and is now used as a club to bash the opposing team.

Can't stand that dummy running crap.

if we win by bashing the opposition into surrender with or without the champagne bottle thats fine by me "Winning is not important as long as you win"

if we win by bashing the opposition into surrender with or without the champagne bottle thats fine by me "Winning is not important as long as you win"
As you know my friend the only stat that counts is the score after 80 minutes. It doesn't matter how you get there.

As you know my friend the only stat that counts is the score after 80 minutes. It doesn't matter how you get there.

never a truer word said, as both teams are though to the quarters the most important is to see a good attacking game, personally dont real give two hoots who we get in the quarters both Ireland and France can beat any opposition on a one match basis, so i do believe i have unintentionally just told you all the Final. now that would be interesting!!!!!!! we can afford to lose the next game win the folllowing three and hay ho you all know what that means!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts