• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So then boys(and girls)...Balls on the chopping block... Ireland vs France?

I hope france! But appart from my biased feelings, there is no doubt Ireland is the better team in the last few years, and it would be only logical if they win. It's gonna take a whole lot of concentration if we want to win this game. We have the talent there, we just make so many dumb mistakes.... If we win I do not think it ll be a pretty game.

France are only dangerous to the AB's if we meet you before the final, otherwise you're easy meat.
I want to see us send you home in the quarter final without Wayne barnes to miss two forward pass tries.
... and losing Huget was ... Huge , eh?

(Sorry, I'll get my coat...)

ha ha! Well with decisions being overturned after the referee calling a try. There is a possibility that Barnes doesn't stand a chance of missing crucial calls

Have you been watching them in the group stages??? They've been pretty unreal, apart from the last 20 against NZ.
Unreal is a bit far now. Playing a slow starting NZ side with a two man advantage for a period of the game and they can't get an LBP isn't great and beating a Gorgodze-less Georgia side for 10 minutes into submission doesn't do anything to make me believe they'll be contenders to reach a semi.

They'll be praying France beat Ireland because their isn't a side less suited to beating Ireland in contention to reach a quarter final than Argentina. A 10 who can get beat up by a good backrow and a less than physical 12 doesn't scare me one bit, a strong attacking back three does little against an Ireland side that are fit and firing either.

They'll be praying France beat Ireland because their isn't a side less suited to beating Ireland in contention to reach a quarter final than Argentina.
I'd take Ireland over France if i could pick the opponent.

Unreal is a bit far now. Playing a slow starting NZ side with a two man advantage for a period of the game and they can't get an LBP isn't great and beating a Gorgodze-less Georgia side for 10 minutes into submission doesn't do anything to make me believe they'll be contenders to reach a semi.
Just for the record, NZ was two men down for like 20 seconds, the two 10 min ban were almost consecutive. And Argentina was a man down for a full 10 min before those two (and NZ didn't score a single point in that period).

It'll be a scrappy game, I don't see Ireland scoring a try on us and our discipline will be crucial, if we give away free penalties, Sexton will bury us. Saint-Andre to put 6 forwards on the bench, victorious driving maul for France at the 70'.

So do I, can't wait. Gonna be a cracker all right. Then on Sunday see the other qf will be just as exciting.

Ireland win by 12+. France play NZ................................................... NZ win by... 20?! Lol. Argentina give Ireland a scare, but ultimately lose.

going on Ireland's form they look very good at the moment, but have not yet played tough opposition (no disrespect to the teams they have played) which French side will turn up another question, but if the right one does, could be a good match. We have seen many clips of the PSA outrage at half time in the changing rooms but have a look at the players faces, do you really think anyone was interested in the speech or rant!!!!!! NO. ALL FOR THE MEDIA.!!!!!
France have always a good match somewhere, it may be Ireland it may be the All Blacks if they lose to Ireland, that would cheer everybody, bar the Kiwis of course.
Quite good that Ireland is the last pool game sort of mini final.Excellent to see the crowd attendance at Wembley yesterday this WC is obviously a success despite he over priced tickets, too much money in Blighty!!!!!!!

going on Ireland's form they look very good at the moment, but have not yet played tough opposition (no disrespect to the teams they have played) which French side will turn up another question, but if the right one does, could be a good match. We have seen many clips of the PSA outrage at half time in the changing rooms but have a look at the players faces, do you really think anyone was interested in the speech or rant!!!!!! NO. ALL FOR THE MEDIA.!!!!!
France have always a good match somewhere, it may be Ireland it may be the All Blacks if they lose to Ireland, that would cheer everybody, bar the Kiwis of course.
Quite good that Ireland is the last pool game sort of mini final.Excellent to see the crowd attendance at Wembley yesterday this WC is obviously a success despite he over priced tickets, too much money in Blighty!!!!!!!

This is what scares me. France ware the only team capable of turning up and producing world class game regardless of form. I think Ireland vs France will be a tight exciting game.

Huh, Argies aren't that good.

Reference round two of RC this year, schooled at home by Aus.

This is what scares me. France ware the only team capable of turning up and producing world class game regardless of form. I think Ireland vs France will be a tight exciting game.

Ireland always has a tough game vs France. So much heart break in my youth caused by those frog eating baguette wavers. The game where Benoit Baby ripped through our midfield is the one that sticks in my mind.

They've never turned up once over last 4 yrs. Can't think of one game. Win or lose. I've asked fans around. Not one game stands out. Must be a record in itself.
I remember games in the past we won and some we lost but you could see the players wanted it badly and produced a game even if we weren't the better team on the day. This team has never played. Collectively what have they got to hold on to?

One would think after 3 mths in camp lifting weights they'd want to do themselves justice and play.They couldn't even do that against a side like Romania. I have never seen them so shackled. I can move better with a pair of handcuffs (she says) ..

We've become predictable because the game plan and the selection are predictable. I bet they will field the same centre pair again (Fofana Bastareaud) for the umpteen time. Yet we know they can't play together. They left at home Mermoz & Co and a backs division Napoleon would have been proud. They should try play blind folded.

That dressing room was staged by the media. PSA doesn't do hair dryer treatments. He doesn't know which players button to press. The lips were moving but he was on mute all day.

Bring Back Berbize, Fouroux - Bring back Laporte Benazzi Sella Dintrans

JP Rives will speak to them like only he can

Please come back - all is forgiven. Marc Jacques Jean-Pierre please come back!!!!

ALLONS ZENFANTS DE LA PATRIIIIIEEEEE
LE JOUR DE GLOIRE EST ARRIVÉ

Last edited:
A bit of support for my fellow gallics . Is it really beyond the realms of possibility that France could beat Ireland , looking at the form in the warm ups France lost to England away a game they should of won and beat England comfortably at home , England beat Ireland at home comfortably so to me it would be such a shock to see France win , I think with their forward power they can do a job on Ireland , will be a close contest either way though.

They've never turned up once over last 4 yrs. Can't think of one game. Win or lose. I've asked fans around. Not one game stands out. Must be a record in itself.
I remember games in the past we won and some we lost but you could see the players wanted it badly and produced a game even if we weren't the better team on the day. This team has never played. Collectively what have they got to hold on to?

One would think after 3 mths in camp lifting weights they'd want to do themselves justice and play.They couldn't even do that against a side like Romania. I have never seen them so shackled. I can move better with a pair of handcuffs (she says) ..

We've become predictable because the game plan and the selection are predictable. I bet they will field the same centre pair again (Fofana Bastareaud) for the umpteen time. Yet we know they can't play together. They left at home Mermoz & Co and a backs division Napoleon would have been proud. They should try play blind folded.

That dressing room was staged by the media. PSA doesn't do hair dryer treatments. He doesn't know which players button to press. The lips were moving but he was on mute all day.

Bring Back Berbize, Fouroux - Bring back Laporte Benazzi Sella Dintrans

JP Rives will speak to them like only he can

Please come back - all is forgiven. Marc Jacques Jean-Pierre please come back!!!!

ALLONS ZENFANTS DE LA PATRIIIIIEEEEE
LE JOUR DE GLOIRE EST ARRIVÉ

What about Trinh-Duc man? I love him.

They'll be praying France beat Ireland because their isn't a side less suited to beating Ireland in contention to reach a quarter final than Argentina. A 10 who can get beat up by a good backrow and a less than physical 12 doesn't scare me one bit, a strong attacking back three does little against an Ireland side that are fit and firing either.
I think I said the same thing on this board in 2007. Got my arse kicked.

France will win. It will be a slow and grooling match. we'll choke the life out of the game with our massive forwards and accomplish some small victory before loosing to argentina in the quarters.

Ireland should win by 3 points.

Playing the All blacks would be cool, not only this is an honor to play against them, but their haka is really cool, any haka should be respected, this is like booing an anthem.. If you see what i mean.
But we should really answer back with a Wallis and Futuna Haka, like this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYS7ZQ_ZmBs

Latest posts