• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So then boys(and girls)...Balls on the chopping block... Ireland vs France?

PacDuran

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Who wins this one and who goes on to play the AB's?

Bonus Question what is the score of Ireland vs the All Blacks in the quarters and France vs the All Blacks in the quarters?

I'm hoping Ireland will beat France and send the Frogs to the Millennium for some overdue AB revenge.

To be honest Argentina are going to be so hard to be beat so I don't really mind who we play in the QF, gonna be a tough battle either way

To be honest Argentina are going to be so hard to be beat so I don't really mind who we play in the QF, gonna be a tough battle either way

60/40 or 65/35 on to beat the Argies. 90/10 for the AB's to beat us.

- - - Updated - - -

Ireland won't have any trouble with France.

Never doubt a French side in a Rugby World Cup boss! No matter how decrepit they look. I shouldn't have to tell you this!

BTW everyone look at my thread: http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/36438-Examples-of-biased-refereeing-in-World-Cup-knock-out-stages

Too close to call this week one. I've got a ticket for the quarter final in Cardiff, so whoever the ABs face it will be a cracking game.

Living in Ireland I would love seeing the Irish reaching the semis for a bit of craic. So please do kick our arses we will take care of the ABs :cool:

You had your chance at revenge in 2011 man but you blew it.

France are only dangerous to the AB's if we meet you before the final, otherwise you're easy meat.
I want to see us send you home in the quarter final without Wayne barnes to miss two forward pass tries.
... and losing Huget was ... Huge , eh?

(Sorry, I'll get my coat...)

Beautiful chance for the Pumas in QF, Ireland and France will kill each other to avoid the AB's in a fantastic match I hope. Meanwhile we will rest our A team and put all the bench vs Namibia. Argentina will defeat a very tired side (Ireland or France) in the QF.

Beautiful chance for the Pumas in QF, Ireland and France will kill each other to avoid the AB's in a fantastic match I hope. Meanwhile we will rest our A team and put all the bench vs Namibia. Argentina will defeat a very tired side (Ireland or France) in the QF.

Good luck with your dreams!

If France wants to win the world cup then they have to avoid NZ until the final (assuming NZ reaches the final). I don't think any team can knock out NZ prior to the final and go ahead to win the RWC. Only happened once in history (1991). For many teams the effort and elation from knocking out NZ is equivalent to winning the RWC. Hence mentally and physically not being able to repeat the performance again in the next knock out games.

France they are the perennial chokers at rugby world cups. Maybe chokers is not the correct term as it is reserved for NZ however they have probably been in as many Finals/Semi finals as NZ but not gone on to win.

The best chance to win the RWC will be to play NZ in the final as France know the history, if they beat NZ in the QF, chances to go on and win the world cup will be slim. So I think it all depends on French mentality, whats more important to them, winning the world cup or beating All Blacks. That mentality will be shown in their final pool match against Ireland - that performance will indicate whether they reserving themselves for NZ the following week.

Latest posts