• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So then boys(and girls)...Balls on the chopping block... Ireland vs France?

Ireland by 5-10 points.

Irish people aside, what would everyone rather see?

QFs

Ireland vs Argentina
France vs New Zealand

Or

Ireland vs New Zealand
Argentina vs France

Which of these scenarios do you think would be a better spectacle?

Last edited:
This game will show where ireland are at, the previous games have been a mismatch no disrespect to the other nations but bigger games are ahead. I hope ireland will win obviously but france in a world cup are a different animal. I still think irelands strength in depth and experience will count on the day and ireland to shade it by 7 points.

I think outside of the four nations involved, people would want to see France vs NZ and Ireland vs Argentina. But I think fans from all those, expect for the Irish, would prefer the opposite.

Last edited:
Think Ireland will win. Any team with their captain will be hard to beat. Can we(SA) borrow him for Saturday's game please?

Think Ireland will win. Any team with their captain will be hard to beat. Can we(SA) borrow him for Saturday's game please?

Paul O'Connell is past it in fairness. He's lucky to have made squad. Is much more a liability than most.

France to win.

The bookies have them horrifically long on odds.

France lift their game when the game matters.

Unfortunately for them, the 6N and freindlies don't qualify as 'mattering'.

Ireland by 5-10 points.

Irish people aside, what would everyone rather see?

QFs

Ireland vs Argentina
France vs New Zealand

Or

Ireland vs New Zealand
Argentina vs France

Which of these scenarios do you think would be a better spectacle?

First one no doubt. I want to see the AB's vs France in Cardiff again. It will be absolutely awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

See? I'm not the only one talking crazy.

It will not happen. If we get into the semis I will be over the moon. Argentina will coast to the quarters and Ireland and France will mash each other up, but Ireland will win by less that 7. Argies will swoop down and out muscle us in the quarters and humiliate us yet again.

France losing to Ireland is the best thing that could happen to them!

It may make the foolish Philippe Saint Andre start picking his best players in their best positions eg. Parra starting at 9 and Doulin at full back. He is a tinkerer if ever there was one!

Here is the squad to face Canada:

Scott Spedding, Rémy Grosso, Mathieu Bastareaud, Wesley Fofana, Brice Dulin, Frédéric Michalak, Sébastien Tillous-Borde; Damien Chouly, Bernard Le Roux, Thierry Dusautoir, Yoann Maestri, Pascal Papé, Rabah Slimani, Guilhem Guirado, Eddy Ben Arous

Replacements Benjamin Kayser, Vincent Debaty, Nicolas Mas, Yannick Nyanga, Fulgence Ouedraogo, Morgan Parra, Rémi Talès, Alexandre Dumoulin

What do you guys think of this?

I've been out of the international rugby loop for a while and a lot of these players a new to me. Is Bernard La Roux better than the fantastically named Ouedraogo? Also I would have had that awesomely pacey Fijian born winger as a nailed on starter too.

Can some more knowledgeable poster educate me on these new Frenchmen?

that awesomely pacey Fijian born winger as a nailed on starter too.
If you mean Nakaitaci, he was a bit disapointing on last matches, imo he lacks concentration.
Bernard Le Roux is southafrican, physical monster, more defensive than Ouedraougo, who is better takin spaces and counter. Ouedraougo suffered the bad results of his team, injuries, and doesnt seem in full confidence about his rugby, but if in top physical shape, hes a rythm monster.

Except that by losing to Ireland they'll come second in their pool and as a result will face NZ in the quarters.

Second thread on this match. Trollish.

Really never got on board with internet lingo.

The above thread was clearly just trying to get a discussion going about the French coach's selections. Please try and be a bit less paranoid.

Troll = whoever isnt registered for 5 years and have a different opinion from one.

Except that by losing to Ireland they'll come second in their pool and as a result will face NZ in the quarters.

This.

France will want to win the game, more than they have wanted to win a game since the final 4 years ago.

Beating Ireland will put them on the easy side of the knockout draw.

I think the OP is looking for faulse hope, because he knows that man to man france are better than Ireland and he is cacking himself.

Ireland are overrated, just like England were.

Beware a French team that actually has somthing to play for.

F*** history, we need to win this. I couldn't care less if it is ugly as, like a tryless michalak score-o-thon. We have more chances of going through against argentina than the ABs....

Last edited:

Latest posts