• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland RWC 11 Thread

I'd have Bowe centre if BO'D was injure or maybe Fitzy, possibly even Trimble.

I'm sitting outside the leaving cert I dont have much else to do.

I think the warm up games will be very important for Bowe. He hasn't been playing well for the Ospreys however none of their players have bean even average. We know he isa clas act and he was playing well in the 6 Nations but I want to make sure he is up to full pace for the WC on the wing and then we can try 13.

felix jones conor murray and tom hayes have to go and maybe james downey

jones and muarry should be tested in the warm ups to see if they can get/earn a wc place
however tommy hayes??? downey???
downey offers nothing for the ireland set up.
downey may be good enough for a international side however the game he plays i dont think matches up well with ireland.

hayes?? tommy has been solid in the prem but not outstanding. no where near good enough for an 8 shout inthe ireland squad and at lock? poc doc cullen tuhoy all ahead of him in how good they are. never besides other players like toner.

Well now here's the thing. There's the team I'd want to see and the team I think we will see.

I'd assume first that Flannery is not going to be available. Kearney, Ferris and Jenno look likely though. So with that in mind my preferred match day 22 would be:

1. Healy
2. Varley
3. Ross

4. DOC
5. POC

6. SOB
7. Wallace
8. Heaslip

9. Reddan
10. Sexton

11. Earls
12. Darcy
13. BOD
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

16. Court
17. Best
18. Cullen
19. Ferris (possibly Jenno as I feel his classic 7 game could be useful)
20. TOL
21. ROG
22. McFadden (covers 11-14 equally well so is easily our best back line back-up and we could use Earls at FB if we really needed to)

The 22 I think O'Kidney will pick:

1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross

4. DOC
5. POC

6. SOB
7. Wallace
8. Heaslip

9. Reddan - I'm more hopeful of this than anything. He seems fairly taken with TOL regardless of the O/H.
10. Sexton

11. Earls
12. Darcy
13. BOD
14. Bowe
15. Fitzy

16. Court
17. Cronin
18. Cullen
19. Ferris/Leamy
20. TOL
21. ROG
22. P Wallace

It may not seem like much of a difference, but Deccies use of the bench could make or break Irelands chances. And he hasn't used it effectively so far.

I think the warm up games will be very important for Bowe. He hasn't been playing well for the Ospreys however none of their players have bean even average. We know he isa clas act and he was playing well in the 6 Nations but I want to make sure he is up to full pace for the WC on the wing and then we can try 13.

For Bowe it seems as if he has international form and club form. I don't care how he goes at club as long he's not injured. Also do people think that Trimble could do a job at 12 if needed?

Trimble can barely do the job on the wing, I don't think moving him out of position to inside centre would work very well at all

Latest posts