• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRFU to land €15m kit deal

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The IRFU are in line for a multi-million euro windfall after agreeing a new sponsorship deal with Puma, believed to extend beyond the 2015 World Cup. The current contract with New Zealand company Canterbury expires at the end of this season but an agreement has already been struck with German sportswear company Puma.

This could net the IRFU as much as â'¬15million in an inclusive deal incorporating the supply of on-field, training and leisure wear to Ireland's Senior, A and underage teams.[/b]

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...l-14200447.html

Woohoo, no more of those God awful Canterbury kits!

good riddance, the current jersey is vile, hopefully they'll go back to the older colour as well.

Thank god for that - I doubt many people are fans of the generic Canterbury kits being used by nigh-on everyone. And as already said, maybe they'll start using a shade of green that is assosciated with Ireland also.

That said though, let's hope Puma don't make Ireland wear anything as ugly compared to what they did to the Quins RL kit;

New-Kit-Community.jpg

well they haven't done a bad job with the Bath jerseys, so here's hoping we get something similar.

My preference would be for a deal with Addidas and a jersey based on this

12.jpg

but anything is better than what we have now!

Why was the shade of green changed? Surely the IRFU had control over aspects of the kit of that importance. Couldn't ever see the shade of Wales' scarlet red changed. Hope to see the original Irish green back next year then :good:

Puma has definitely improved in the last few seasons.

Bath are the Puma posters boys but back in 2006 their Puma jersies were more BARF than Bath to be honest. Absolutely hideous and schoolboy.

These days, they look awesome. I think the IRFU are onto a good thing here!

Isn't the present jersey the more traditional shade of green? I'll see if I can dig up a couple of pictures. Over time the colour of the jersey gradually lightened.

don't think so, the current one is certainly darker than what we had throughout the 80s, 90s and prior to the last world cup.

Is that Keeeeeeef Wood in that picture?

He should handle the designs of Ireland's new jersey....he'd make it manly.

I like noidsay's idea of the shamrocks. The base colour should be that darker green and adorning it should be hundreds of small shiny, fluorescent shamrocks!!!!

Latest posts