• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irish accused of aiding All Black defections

There is no law stating a player "Must" be released by a club for international duty. If a club hold a contract with a player and there are no clauses in there stating otherwise, they are perfectly entitled to tell a union where to go.

There is. Clubs cannot refuse a player the right to play for his country in the internationally agreed windows for the games. Clubs MUST release the players. They have no choice.

A player may also be offered a different contract based on their international availability e.g. A Player can effectively retire from international duty for the duration of the contract in order to receive more pay.

My only question is: Why the hell would Ulster want to buy Matt Berquist?!!? Dear god!

*Leinster.

Simple really.We're going to be missing Johnny 10 for a lot of next season and our only other out halves are 2 young lads, one of which I don't think is good enough and one of which had a horrible injury and is still trying to get back to his former level. While Berquist isn't fantastic, he'll good enough for the Celtic League and will be shipped out at the end of the season. World Cup cover, nothing more.

Sorry, Leinster. My Bad.
But Berquist?! Isn't Andy Goode available?

Latest posts