• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irish Rugby - The Isolation Years

Depends if they pick him or not. If he's just there as a backup it should've been Coombes

By position

LH: Healy, Kilcoyne
Hooker: Herring, Kelleher, Heffernan
Tighthead: Furlong, Porter, O'Toole
Second Row: Ryan, Henderson, Beirne, Dillane, Roux
Backrow: O'Mahony, Ruddock, Connors, Van der Flier, Doris, Stander
Scrumhalf: Murray, JGP, Casey
Outhalf: Sexton, Burns, Byrne
Centre: Henshaw, Aki, McCloskey, Ringrose, Farrell
Back Three: Keenan, Larmour, Lowe, Conway, Earls, Daly

Happy for him and deserved on form but total waste of a spot really.
That is it Ruddock is there to carry bags.

But as you said originally. The overall pot is not based on form or with future thinking.

Confirmed is Sexton/Cooney issue must be true.

But as you say a lot is very strange for future thinking of a RWC cycle.

At 1 Killer is still on way back from injury and Healys milage is way off

23 for Wales?

1. Healy/Kilcoyne
2. Herring
3. Porter
4. Beirne
5. Ryan
6. Stander
7. POM
8. Doris
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Earls
15. Keenan

16. Kelleher
17. Other LH
18. Furlong/O'Toole
19. Henderson/Dillane
20. Ruddock
21. Casey
22. Burns
23. Larmour

Not what I'd pick but can see something like this. Hopefully we actually play Casey and he isn't just there for 20 minutes against Italy. He'd be better off with Munster in that case.(I'm pretty optimistic about this given that none of the other young players have been picked. Hopefully Andy has Casey because he can actually see him getting real game time.)

Back three is weird, hopefully Keenan takes the chance to really nail down the 15 shirt with Stockdale out. Earls really shouldn't be starting but he probably will. Conway shouldn't be in the 23 on form. If I was picking I'd have the Leinster guys with Daly on the bench but Larmour being targeted has to be a concern after the Munster game. If we don't actually play Ruddock there's no reason for him to be there too. Don't love POM at 7 but he's in better form than the others there so even if I wouldn't pick him there Ireland probably will.

Loosehead doesn't make any more sense the more you can think about it. There has to be a third loosehead somewhere. Even if Andy doesn't rate them calling up 5 props when one has barely played in the last year in nearly negligent.

Interesting to see how it will work with lads supposed to be locked on camp. Will there be releases for Pro14.
If not don't understand.
Shane Daly and Andrew Conway would benefit more playing 80 for us than training. Furlong should be told ignore 1st 2 rounds and play with Leinster for time. To be honest Ulster may benefit from this in their Pro14 run in with Leinster.

I would be shocked if Ruddock is used. Can see backrow POM, Doris and CJ with Connors benching. When you have backrow starting we mentioned it has to be a 7 on bench.

Well the Irish games would be held in Wales,
also the English games would be held in Wales,
also the Scottish games would be held in Wales.
All games will be in Glasgow and clash with old firm derby games in order to achieve the highest safety rating on the the recommendation.

All games will be in Glasgow and clash with old firm derby games in order to achieve the highest safety rating on the the recommendation.
Yeah I hope the fact Ireland is apparently only as safe as a country with one of the highest crime rates in the world according to a typo riddled report from World Rugby doesn't drag this bid down too!

Happy with that, has stepped up with Ryan out.
To be fair on past few months it is Ryan Ireland really need to step up.

But Henderson up to RWC is huge and I imagine he is the captain for that RWC it would seem.

Had a few quiet games in November and is back in form now. Let's not make things into things they aren't.
That not a slight on Ryan but as I was saying he was poor in Autumn but is stepping back up. But still off his best. Not questioning his talent or spot or anything just simply comparing to his own standards.

That not a slight on Ryan but as I was saying he was poor in Autumn but is stepping back up. But still off his best. Not questioning his talent or spot or anything just simply comparing to his own standards.
Still think he looked better than Henderson when they've played together. Reckon a ball-carrying Henderson option will do wonders for Ryan, with a hopefully barnstorming Beirne in the backrow.

Latest posts