• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irish Rugby - The Isolation Years

Baird back in training for Leinster apparently. If he can get any gametime in the nect few weeks he's got to be involved against Georgia.

Baird back in the Leinster 23 for Monday. Hopefully good for some role against Georgia.

Leavy also starting at 6.

Not immediately on this one but does anyone think Josh Wycherly is worth potentially fast tracking? Maybe have him as an apprentice for the Six Nations and cap him in the summer if the lions tour goes ahead.

Hard to judge his potential at this stage but loosehead is not looking good and he looks like by far our best bet to be a genuine quality option a few years from now. Unclear if he'll reach that level but should be given every chance to get there.

Not immediately on this one but does anyone think Josh Wycherly is worth potentially fast tracking? Maybe have him as an apprentice for the Six Nations and cap him in the summer if the lions tour goes ahead.

Hard to judge his potential at this stage but loosehead is not looking good and he looks like by far our best bet to be a genuine quality option a few years from now. Unclear if he'll reach that level but should be given every chance to get there.
He's just come on for Munster there. Looks good from what I've seen particularly at scrums but this is his third game I think. As I type this he's just gone through the ospreys scrum.
Who is in ridiculous form is Gavin Coombes. Three tries so far today, he had a clean line break and he's busting lads up.

Josh W will be an international 1 day. No doubt there. Has proven himself in 20s and in any game for us. It more when

I was a big fan of Josh Wycherley at 20s and so far his senior appearances have been good. His scrummaging in particular has stood up well. He looked undersized for a prop at 20s though he does seem to have put on weight over the break.

I'm not sure if he's in the fasttracking bracket though, doesn't have the outrageous alethicism guys in that category usually do. I'd wait and see if he gets a go in Europe and how he performs before thinking about bringing him in within the next year.

Coombes looking like a very strong carrier. Not sure about his all round game yet. Also unlucky that there's a lot of talented 6/8s around.

Sexton and Henshaw are out for the England game. Aki Farrell centre partnership babyyyy. If anyone needs me I'll be brooding.

Sexton and Henshaw ruled out. Burns failed his HIA and is following RTP protocols. Stockdale hoping to be back by the end of the week.

Henderson and Daly are back training.

A Byrne-Aki-Farrell three quarter line against England has the potential to be ugly. Especially if we revert to Murray at 9.

Sexton and Henshaw ruled out. Burns failed his HIA and is following RTP protocols. Stockdale hoping to be back by the end of the week.

Henderson and Daly are back training.

A Byrne-Aki-Farrell three quarter line against England has the potential to be ugly. Especially if we revert to Murray at 9.
No offence but if you try to break injury news in this thread that I've already broken I will slap your head clean off your body....

No offence but if you try to break injury news in this thread that I've already broken I will slap your head clean off your body....

Only reason you beat me to it was because you didn't give a full update so maybe try and break it properly mmmkay?

Healy, Kelleher, Porter, Henderson, Ryan, Stander, Connors, Doris, JGP, Byrne, Lowe, Aki, Farrell, Stockdale, Keenan
Herring, Byrne, Bealham, Roux, Beirne, Murray, Byrne, Daly

That's the best we can hope for if very unlikely and I think that team gets smoked. Promising pack though to be fair.

Equally if this team beats England in Twickenham then it will be a very interesting debate opened.

Healy, Kelleher, Porter, Henderson, Ryan, Stander, Connors, Doris, JGP, Byrne, Lowe, Aki, Farrell, Stockdale, Keenan
Herring, Byrne, Bealham, Roux, Beirne, Murray, Byrne, Daly

That's the best we can hope for if very unlikely and I think that team gets smoked. Promising pack though to be fair.
Got a feeling we'll shoehorn POM in somewhere. He doesn't fit in that team but with Sexton out we'll try to get him to fill the (perceived) leadership void.

If Ross is starting JGP should start with him (he should start anyway but still). Leaving aside the fact that Murray shouldn't be picked on form, throwing a new 10 in at twickenham while dropping the 9 he's played the most with would be ridiculous.

Judging Farrell more off selection than result here. England are a better side and away with injuries a win is very unlikely, if we go there and lose comfortably with things we know don't work it'll be far worse though.

Oh fact yeah, Murray will start too.
Based on comments Murray will start. "Conor will be vital for structure", "Structure will be key for foundations over there" and I will add in the fact JGP is not seen as a serious starter for Ireland in the big games. Those are not my opinions but as I said the term "journeyman 9" and just from working with Munster but interacting with other provinces that is the "view" in that not what people think but I suppose just know that the way it is. Add in Murray on a huge central contract.

Based on comments Murray will start. "Conor will be vital for structure", "Structure will be key for foundations over there" and I will add in the fact JGP is not seen as a serious starter for Ireland in the big games. Those are not my opinions but as I said the term "journeyman 9" and just from working with Munster but interacting with other provinces that is the "view" in that not what people think but I suppose just know that the way it is. Add in Murray on a huge central contract.
A journeyman 9 that's better than Murray though, there's no justification to start Murray in my opinion.

A journeyman 9 that's better than Murray though, there's no justification to start Murray in my opinion.
As I said not 100% my views. But you know Murray will start here due to contract status, fact Farrell is rating him and more so as all the other halfbacks have little experience.
Add in Murray was not completely pants on form in 6Nations and they can justify it.