• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy Licensed - Official Screenshots

And what if the Rugby Challenge game doesn't play well? ...what future does that leave for Rugby fans/gamers if HB's game flops?

I've read the comments from people stating that from the leaked gameplay for RC that it looks to play similar to how Sidhe's Rugby League ***les played, which from what I've heard/read (having not played them myself) were not great games. So on past form, RC is not the leading contender... as Mario has intimated at himself.

HB in the past have made good rugby games that play well, R06 and R08 are the best examples of this, so I'd be very hopeful that they can build on this gameplay and the majority of opinion from the few who have played it tend to say this is the case.

In terms of the teams/publishers/budget suggestions, Sidhe have had HES as their publishing partner from the get go whereas HB Studios have not which would have had an impact on budget/resources to put into a game.
It's also stated on the Sidhe forums (confirmed info from Mario) that budget has not been a problem for them... quotes:
"Do you think you have a good budget to make a good game ? Yes. Budget is not a problem.",
"Sidhe isn't licensing anything. HES the publisher is the licensing party. And they have a pretty healthy budget for licenses, while simultaneously giving us a pretty healthy budget for development as well."
It is known that budget has been an issue for HB Studios.
So a comparison between the two in this regard is a little unfair verging on blind.

To do a direct comparison between the best screenshot released from both games does not show an embarassing gulf in difference - you're talking **** there. Some will think that one is better then the other, I happen to think RC has the edge in that department. But as I've said before, when playing the game from a gameplay camera, what use is an up-close screenshot? A still image of the RC gameplay vid and the RWC2011 gameplay screenshots are very comparable in quality.

Based on their past games, I am looking forward to RWC2011 and will buy it and hope it does well. I personally didn't like the overall flow of gameplay in the leaked RC vid, the passing looked a little jittery whilst the tackling looked a little too League-like, but I am still looking forward to it, particularly the content it will provide and hope that the gameplay is good enough to warrant playing through that content.

I'm not going to hope that it flops out of some mis-guided loyalty or fanboism to the game that I might prefer.

So in summary... L8NM, your attitude stinks

And what if the Rugby Challenge game doesn't play well? ...what future does that leave for Rugby fans/gamers if HB's game flops?

I've read the comments from people stating that from the leaked gameplay for RC that it looks to play similar to how Sidhe's Rugby League ***les played, which from what I've heard/read (having not played them myself) were not great games. So on past form, RC is not the leading contender... as Mario has intimated at himself.

HB in the past have made good rugby games that play well, R06 and R08 are the best examples of this, so I'd be very hopeful that they can build on this gameplay and the majority of opinion from the few who have played it tend to say this is the case.

In terms of the teams/publishers/budget suggestions, Sidhe have had HES as their publishing partner from the get go whereas HB Studios have not which would have had an impact on budget/resources to put into a game.
It's also stated on the Sidhe forums (confirmed info from Mario) that budget has not been a problem for them... quotes:
"Do you think you have a good budget to make a good game ? Yes. Budget is not a problem.",
"Sidhe isn't licensing anything. HES the publisher is the licensing party. And they have a pretty healthy budget for licenses, while simultaneously giving us a pretty healthy budget for development as well."
It is known that budget has been an issue for HB Studios.
So a comparison between the two in this regard is a little unfair verging on blind.

To do a direct comparison between the best screenshot released from both games does not show an embarassing gulf in difference - you're talking **** there. Some will think that one is better then the other, I happen to think RC has the edge in that department. But as I've said before, when playing the game from a gameplay camera, what use is an up-close screenshot? A still image of the RC gameplay vid and the RWC2011 gameplay screenshots are very comparable in quality.

Based on their past games, I am looking forward to RWC2011 and will buy it and hope it does well. I personally didn't like the overall flow of gameplay in the leaked RC vid, the passing looked a little jittery whilst the tackling looked a little too League-like, but I am still looking forward to it, particularly the content it will provide and hope that the gameplay is good enough to warrant playing through that content.

I'm not going to hope that it flops out of some mis-guided loyalty or fanboism to the game that I might prefer.

So in summary... L8NM, your attitude stinks

All I hear is Blah blah blah. It's also been developed in New Zealand by a lot of New Zealanders who know rugby inside and out. Also in my opinion the game seemed to play like Rugby 08 which is just fine by me. I liked the way Rugby 08 played. But I want more bang for my buck in the visuals department and also a team/player editor and creator that will give me the legends of the game like Meads and Nepia.

Not to mention the technical capability of those professionals who work in Wellington. The motion capture was done at WETA who are world leaders in the visual arts (Oscar winners for Lord of the Rings trilogy and AVATAR).

The proof is in the pudding and so far the RC game has got a lot of sugar.

come on man stop it, really. Just enjoy the fact after a long drought of rugby games we have a choice, and both look to offer something for everyone, FUN ! So stop the crap. Myself I have pre ordered Rugby challenge because i want to play ITM, I may still get RWC when the hype comes from the event being here.

And yet again an "announcement" thread gets transformed into a hate debate. Change the record, and keep it on topic ;) theres specific thread for comparisons...

Back to topic, the screens get better with every announcement, seems as if HB are working constantly to improve things.... As many have said Bergomasco is identifiable, and thats what we wanna see.

I'm a graphics whore, and these are very much pleasing my needs :D Keep up the good work :D

L8NM, you are a chump. You know nothing of how either game plays. RC does have better graphics it seems, but as raziel said, it also seems to play very similar to sidhes rugby league ***les.. But again none of us knows for sure. Thus was the point I was making on the previous page, ignorant one-eyed fanboys like you turning threads like this into a joke. There is a comparison thread available for you to make unfounded claims like these. This one is from memory about Italy being licensed.anyway, I for one will be getting both games. I have no idea which will play better, but I'm sure rc will be better than their league ***les. Bigger budget etc.. And I'm sure rwc11 will play better than 08these things I think we can all be sure of.

Always that same scrum shot with the fullback in shot and the posts...

I want gameplay vids that should sort the ment out from the boys.... please

I don't understand some people! They will allways look for something to complain about! Their could have been 0 rugby games but you are getting not 1 but 2 in the same year! So STOP COMPLAINING!! AND BE GREATFULL!!!!!

I don't understand some people! They will allways look for something to complain about! Their could have been 0 rugby games but you are getting not 1 but 2 in the same year! So STOP COMPLAINING!! AND BE GREATFULL!!!!!

Agreed.

We are consumers and pay for it, we aren't recieving it as charity. The fact that we are potential customers and they are not listening to their consumers means that we can complain. Competition is great as neither side can rest on their laurels. I get the feeling HB were getting too complacent in the market with their franchise being the only one. Now that there is some competition I feel that HB will up their game on the next ***le but I fear this one is far too late.

HB just expected to waltz in with a half-arsed performance and minor tweaks on the previous ***le like they did in Rugby 08, Rugby 06 and such... Then have heaps of consumers purchase their product. As rugby fans of course we obliged even though it was far from perfect, now that we have two to choose from the developers have to do their best as not everyone will blindly buy both or even blindly buy one. There are some expectations and now that there is competition for a ***le, you can afford to be a little **** about what aspects you like.

When Grand Theft Auto 4 got released, in comparison to San Andreas, there was a massive reduction in features because it simply takes so much to bring a game to current gen consoles. Think about how big a company Rockstar is: GTA is their biggest franchise by a mile and even they have to put out a reduced game in order to start moving forward.

HB are a much, much smaller company having to do essentially the same thing with their series and by the looks of it so far, they're doing a really good job. Graphics are looking sharper with every screenshot and everything's becoming more professional. All these complaints start with "Rugby 08 was really good but this will be crap" before going on to moan about RWC11 being a rehashed version. If 08 was so good and you still play it 5 times a week then surely RWC11 will have the same effect on you? A lot more goes into making computer games than most folk understand I think, rather than constantly complain you should give the folk at HB some credit for bringing "Rugby 2012" (which at points really seemed like it was going to get benched) and turning it into the official game for the world cup.

Cymro said that selective reading is a great thing and it's true, people moan about how it'll get boring so quickly whilst ignoring the fact that you can take your team and tour round the world, summat which looks like a pretty great feature. It's easy to sit on your computer and have people from HB post on the forum so you've got someone to moan at but these folk are the ones working tirelessly to put out a rugby game - which is what we all want - so show a bit of respect

I'm sick of the whole "Sidhe are from new zealand so they like rugby more so it's impossible for HB to make a game because they're from canada"

Absolutely ridiculous.

We are consumers and pay for it, we aren't recieving it as charity. The fact that we are potential customers and they are not listening to their consumers means that we can complain. Competition is great as neither side can rest on their laurels. I get the feeling HB were getting too complacent in the market with their franchise being the only one. Now that there is some competition I feel that HB will up their game on the next ***le but I fear this one is far too late.

HB just expected to waltz in with a half-arsed performance and minor tweaks on the previous ***le like they did in Rugby 08, Rugby 06 and such... Then have heaps of consumers purchase their product. As rugby fans of course we obliged even though it was far from perfect, now that we have two to choose from the developers have to do their best as not everyone will blindly buy both or even blindly buy one. There are some expectations and now that there is competition for a ***le, you can afford to be a little **** about what aspects you like.

Well I think they did the best with the budget they had! Especially with the knowledge that their is a competitor in the market! How do you anyway know how "bad" the game is without playing it first? If you don't like what they did,then don't buy the damn game.

Last edited:
I'm sick of the whole "Sidhe are from new zealand so they like rugby more so it's impossible for HB to make a game because they're from canada"

Absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah, it's not like people can, y'know, move countries.

Aye, it's also not like people from other countries can like the sport, as crazy as that may seem :huh:

Aye, it's also not like people from other countries can like the sport, as crazy as that may seem :huh:

This is all too much for me!

jumpOutWindow.jpg

Well all these licence info is good and well only Argentinia is one of the better onece still missing! But when are we going to see some game play vids! That will be more interesting than hearing who got licensed and who not!

On wikipedia it says that they also have exclusive license for Argentinia and non exclusive licenses for usa and canada, is that true?

Latest posts