• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy Licensed - Official Screenshots

On wikipedia it says that they also have exclusive license for Argentinia and non exclusive licenses for usa and canada, is that true?

All speculation ... all the information will appear here first.

We are consumers and pay for it, we aren't recieving it as charity. The fact that we are potential customers and they are not listening to their consumers means that we can complain. Competition is great as neither side can rest on their laurels. I get the feeling HB were getting too complacent in the market with their franchise being the only one. Now that there is some competition I feel that HB will up their game on the next ***le but I fear this one is far too late.

HB just expected to waltz in with a half-arsed performance and minor tweaks on the previous ***le like they did in Rugby 08, Rugby 06 and such... Then have heaps of consumers purchase their product. As rugby fans of course we obliged even though it was far from perfect, now that we have two to choose from the developers have to do their best as not everyone will blindly buy both or even blindly buy one. There are some expectations and now that there is competition for a ***le, you can afford to be a little **** about what aspects you like.

Well said. No unnecessary name calling in this post either.

People aren't giving enough credit to HB as they have spent 4years creating this new game and they have managed to get the license for the world cup and then get a publisher after EA decided not to support them for this new game and all most of us can do is slag it off without even seeing what the gameplay is like.

Apologies this is so far down the Thread List... But its EXCLUSIVE IMAGE TIME!!!

Now for the EXCLUSIVE Screenshot for all members of The Rugby Forum:

***This Image is EXCLUSIVE to The Rugby Forum, Please do not redistribute this image elsewhere without contacting [email protected] to gain authorisation. The Exclusivity has been granted by 505 Games and HB Studios, it will stay exclusive until it appears on the Official Facebook Page!***

ItalyExclusive.jpg
***This Image is EXCLUSIVE to The Rugby Forum, Please do not redistribute this image elsewhere without contacting [email protected] to gain authorisation. The Exclusivity has been granted by 505 Games and HB Studios, it will stay exclusive until it appears on the Official Facebook Page!***

Bergamasco made a break. Fancy that. Another good looking shot. Gameplay please :D

Bloody shots that only show scrums. We should be worried about that. *grumblegrumblespeculategrumble*

Oh, wait...

Looks really cool. Can't wait to play it.
For all the haters, Italy will win the RWC ;)

haha! of course we will win the world cup! :rolleyes:

great looking pic, but lol is that our famous sidestep animation?, i hope i dont lose control of the defender whilst that is happening.

great looking pic, but lol is that our famous sidestep animation?, i hope i dont lose control of the defender whilst that is happening.

yeah it is, i thing movements are the same from rugby 08...

yeah it is, i thing movements are the same from rugby 08...
I think you've mistaken which ***le is which. Sidhe are the ones who uploaded a gameplay video revealing that it's virtually identical to their mungoball ***les and they've recycled a lot of old junk.

Nobody knows what the HB game is like in motion. Yet.

I think you've mistaken which ***le is which. Sidhe are the ones who uploaded a gameplay video revealing that it's virtually identical to their mungoball ***les and they've recycled a lot of old junk.

Yeah we do. Rugby 08. They'v even stated that no new animations have been added.

I've played a lot of the RL ***les, and the only thing that i saw that was similar were the offloads and the passing mechanic.

From what i've heard from HB, they have kept a lot of the same animations but the game flows better and more realistically, which is always good to hear

Yeah we do. Rugby 08. They'v even stated that no new animations have been added.
So?
Same animations =/= same gameplay?

Also, I'm sure they said "no new animations" - this could still mean that they've made a new sidestep for the game, but it's just a standard sidestep, no Quade Cooper jump or anything like that

Thats true, but AJ did answer one of my questions about breaking tackles - there are tons of new ways to break tackles. How can there be one and not the other?

Looking forward to some gameplay footage

As you are a mod who continually lambasts people for bringing up the "other game" in this forum, I'm surprised you'd bring our game into the conversation unprompted. Or is bringing up Rugby Challenge only allowed when it is a negative comment?

But seeing as you have, what old junk have we recycled? I think you'll find almost all of it is new junk.

Oh, that strike a nerve did it?

Sorry Mario. I saw the video. Your game looks no different to your mungoball ***les. Well, okay, visually the rough edges have been smoothed out and the menu presentation is very nice. It still looks like Rugby League 2 with some extra players on the pitch.

P.S. Director. Not Mod. I don't bother with moderating. It's too much like an effort when people cut select parts out of quotes deliberately to pick a fight.