• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy Licensed - Official Screenshots

As you are a mod who continually lambasts people for bringing up the "other game" in this forum, I'm surprised you'd bring our game into the conversation unprompted. Or is bringing up Rugby Challenge only allowed when it is a negative comment?

But seeing as you have, what old junk have we recycled? I think you'll find almost all of it is new junk.

I don't think anyone can Judge Rugby Challenge or Rugby World Cup 2011, until they have played both. We can judge it on a gameplay video, which I am sure both will have out for the public release soon...

Both companies are bound to build on the Rugby ***les they have made previously, there is not enough money in the industry to develop the game from scratch, just improve and create certain new features... I think Mario will agree with this...

Oh, that strike a nerve did it?

Just your hypocrisy.

Sorry Mario. I saw the video. Your game looks no different to your mungoball ***les. Well, okay, visually the rough edges have been smoothed out and the menu presentation is very nice. It still looks like Rugby League 2 with some extra players on the pitch.

Fair enough.

That's For Chris and Mario to sort out via PM not on a public forum.

... I just know there are official images of Italy in here somewhere I mean, the thread is entitled... :search:

Sorry Mario. I saw the video. Your game looks no different to your mungoball ***les. Well, okay, visually the rough edges have been smoothed out and the menu presentation is very nice. It still looks like Rugby League 2 with some extra players on the pitch.

The exact same could be said by somebody sitting on the other side of the fence. EA have been doing that to their games yr after yr, so i'll be pleasantly surprised if HB haven't held onto that way of thinking.

Personally i thought RC looked great in the vid, with a different overall gameplay feel than HB's ***les.

Fingers crossed, the same can be said about RWC

Oh, that strike a nerve did it?

How come you haven't said the same thing about rugby world cup 2011 and rugby 08?

I think you've mistaken which ***le is which. Sidhe are the ones who uploaded a gameplay video revealing that it's virtually identical to their mungoball ***les and they've recycled a lot of old junk.

Nobody knows what the HB game is like in motion. Yet.

So we are meant to believe that a game with the same developmeant team using the same animations isn't going to resemble their previous ***le? Forgive me for being a sceptic.

From the interviews on this site with the HB guys they've stated a few times no new mechanics have been added. It is fair to assume then that many animations have been "recycled". It is also fair to assume that RWC 2011 will be an improved version of Rugby 2008 (as is usually the case with games like FIFA, Madden etc - each new game is an improved version of the last one). However, I (unlike a few) think this is a good approach by HB. I for one really liked the past HB ***les, so did a lot of people. Why would they scrap all that and start from scratch when they already had a good template to build from.

The point is though, people are saying it is likely to be similar to Rugby08, which it is (again, not a bad thing in my eyes). Not too sure why you have to start trying to defend that fairly obvious assumption with a cheap shot on the other game. I get this site is the official HB aligned site and your allegiances are clear but it is a bit unecessary.

Cue "have you played or seen RWC 2011 in motion?" questions...

Not too sure why you have to start trying to defend that fairly obvious assumption with a cheap shot on the other game. I get this site is the official HB aligned site and your allegiances are clear but it is a bit unecessary.

Could say that from the majority of posters who come here and constantly slag off the HB game and make the sound that the SIDHE game is perfect.

Both games are going to have its flaws. Both games will be great for the development of future rugby games.

Last edited:
The phrase "Point Proven" springs to mind. Like moths to a candle.

Isn't this the Italy announcement thread, you silly boys. You went and gone off track again. Yeah Italy in RWC.. :)

Could say that from the majority of posters who come here and constantly slag off the HB game and make sound that the SIDHE game is perfect.

Both games are going to have its flaws. Both games will be great for the development of future rugby games.

Mate I clearly stated above that I'm a fan of HB games and the direction they're going with their new game. Difference with your point though is the rest of the posters have no allegiances either way, whereas Bullitt is obviously going to back the HB game.. looks a bit silly when a director or whatever has to resort to cheap shots.

great looking pic, but lol is that our famous sidestep animation?, i hope i dont lose control of the defender whilst that is happening.

Looks simular, but the upper body seems to have a bit more variation.... Looking very good :D :D :D Certainly looks like Bergomasco will be a licensed likeness :p

Precisely! And personally I'm really looking forward to having two games with two different gameplay techniques to learn, can't wait!

Could say that from the majority of posters who come here and constantly slag off the HB game and make sound that the SIDHE game is perfect.

Cymro has summed up it up perfectly. Regardless of what we say now, having two rugby games released in the same year is fantastic for the future. Previously the market was only taken by one large presence. With the removal of a big player such as EA, we now have a springboard for not only future game development, but also great symbolism of how much Rugby Union is growing worldwide as a sport. Participation is at an all time high, and growth figures grow year upon year. Equally now there is healthy competition on the Rugby Union computer game market. Come 2019 when the RWC is hosted in Japan, maybe we will be able to say that we have a Rugby ***le(s) that can rival the Fifas and Maddens of the world in terms of development, with worldwide interest in Rugby Union possibly twice as large as it is at the moment.

Mate I clearly stated above that I'm a fan of HB games and the direction they're going with their new game. Difference with your point though is the rest of the posters have no allegiances either way, whereas Bullitt is obviously going to back the HB game.. looks a bit silly when a director or whatever has to resort to cheap shots.

Got to disagree with that point in bold sorry. (Yes selective reading and cutting for you Rhyer ;) )

A lot of people come onto this board with what I would call an allegiance for a variety of reasons. I get attacked by the Anti-HB lot on this board for sticking up for HB but in reality I am curious to see what both game are bringing to the table, its not a simple case of one having only International teams and the other Club teams with Australia and NZ, its about how the game plays and how the game functions that will ultimately determine whether the game will be a success.

People tend to pick sides. We've got a few who won't see the good in one or the other on our forum, but I think most are looking forward to both games.

Got to disagree with that point in bold sorry. (Yes selective reading and cutting for you Rhyer ;) )A lot of people come onto this board with what I would call an allegiance for a variety of reasons. I get attacked by the Anti-HB lot on this board for sticking up for HB but in reality I am curious to see what both game are bringing to the table, its not a simple case of one having only International teams and the other Club teams with Australia and NZ, its about how the game plays and how the game functions that will ultimately determine whether the game will be a success.
fair enough. But it is clear that Bullitt is anti-sidhe... Really frustrating reading posts like that from a staff member when that's the sort of crap that's supposed to be discouraged on here.