• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's Chriiiiiiiiiiiiistmaaaaaaas!

Uh. Why are we going into a religious debate here?
There's no proof for the existence of God (No, the Bible only counts for the religious folk, sorry...) and there's no proof against his (or 'its') existence.
Same goes for an afterlife really. We'll find out soon enough, so why fret?

Besides, this is Christmas time! No need to call each other twits, and what-not. Then again, shtove has always been a cynical *******, as far as I know, so I don't expect anything different from him. >__>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Dec 21 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I see no need for a creator.

Granted, we can't explain everything about the universe, but why should that lead us to suppose that any God (let alone Yaweh) created it? Because we have a book that says it is so? A book that makes some frankly outrageous claims? Or because you were brought up in a Christian culture?[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Dec 22 2008, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Even if you don't believe in 'god', you can clearly see that there has been some design aspect in us and all our natural surroundings.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Dec 22 2008, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I do not clearly see any evidence of design in the world, in fact if we were designed then whoever designed us did a very shoddy job.

Our sense of good and evil doesn't prove anything. Morals differ across the world, there are no universals.[/b]

Again, I was trying to avoid this debate by simply justifying my practice, not attacking any point of view. However, I have a hard time with you clearly not seeing any evidence of design in the world. How's that? You can't see the perfect balance that we all share in? The way the earth is perfectly distant from the sun to nurture our environment? Humanity, animal and plant kind all are in a critical balance.
Regardless, the truth to all this is that Christmas is the Mass of Christ. You may not believe in a God, let alone Yaweh, nor Christ as Saviour/Messiah but this Holiday (or should we examine the root Holy Day) is for him, regardless if it was placed on top of a pagan ritual. I just ask that the world respects it. Celebrate it however you want, just don't ask us to not celebrate it properly and publically. If you want to enjoy it, help us preserve it.

I can see that the Earth is capable of supporting life, but I also see the other eight planets in our solar system alone that are not capable of supporting life and assign it to chance rather than creation.

This is clearly the fundamental difference between us, we both understand that we can't explain everything as humans (although modern science is eroding the mystery) but you assign it to a creator whilst I see that any number of things could be the explanation so refuse to attribute it to a creator.

Maybe we can discuss intelligent design over survival of the fittest some other time, and in some other thread? It's an interesting debate, but just let everyone enjoy Christmas, for whatever reason they want, without shoving that reason in other people's faces or having to defend it.

Back on the Christmas Spirit Topic, does anyone else have typical dishes or food they associate with Christmas or always eat for Christmas?

Latest posts