• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ITV GP Highlights: whats the verdict?

P

Prestwick

Well guys, the first program has been broadcast and I got the B&B I stay at for work to record it on their sky box thingamajimmy.

I thought considering that this was a last minute deal struck only a couple of weeks ago it was pretty well produced and pretty much covered everything you wanted to know about the weeks action.

Nitpicking aside about presenter/commentator selection its still lightyears ahead of what the BBC wanted to do (i.e. the odd game after midnight starting in January).

I was disappointed with the 'lol, here's 30 seconds worth highlights of the Sale game; all shots taken 50 metres away from the action' attitude taken on the Sale game and the Bath game aswell - which looked very good. Hopefully it was because the opposition for both sides were poor (Bristol and Newcastle), but I get the feeling that MOST of the coverage will be on what we've already seen on Sky Sports... I hope not, anyway!

Well as all matches are recorded anyways for statistical purposes, they are hardly going to have cameras at various points around the ground, usually it is a single fixed point for the cameras...

I was disappointed with it, but hey ho, its better than nothing... If you think about it, its only like the highlights on the Rugby Club...

Thats because it is the highlights of the Rugby Club.

It is literally the raw Sky feed, you can even hear the sound FX during the Tigers vs Glaws game. Obviously the ITV crew have just been given the raw feed and only have a few hours to edit it into something worth watching.

Its early days yet but its still way better than the BBC's offering.

It's like match of the day. Im lucky i got Sky HD+ or sky at all or i wouldn't be able to watch it. I think it should be moved to ITV1 though.

Latest posts