Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Jake to become Sharks coach
83d5874f7a8d47aab08f3c05641a114a.jpg

White joining the Sharks won't come as a big surprise to many though, as he has a good relationship with CEO John Smit, who was Springbok captain when White coached the Boks to the 2007 World Cup ***le.​

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Jake-White-to-become-Sharks-coach-20130926

Director of Coaching they claim. Venter is that right now, if this is true, will he remain a consultant.
Ill wait for it to be on the Sharks website.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8949809,00.html

Please make this happen!

I am sure something can be worked out between AC and White; they've worked together before and it gt SA a RWC ***le. Even if it means splitting up duties between WP and the Stormers or some temporary 'director of rugby' post... anything!

I doubt it will happen. WP the only major rugby franchise that voted for the quota system from the beginning... They are pro-coloureds (not that I'm saying anything negative), but PDV has a better chance than White.

I doubt it will happen. WP the only major rugby franchise that voted for the quota system from the beginning... They are pro-coloureds (not that I'm saying anything negative), but PDV has a better chance than White.

I know you're probably right particularly if you take into account that one of our chief whips is an outspoken All Black supporter (others probably in the closet); boggles the mind really. We have Problems is Western Province.. how do they expect the Stormers to win the Crusaders when we know who the heads of our organization are cheering on?

This was like what happened post RWC, where every out of contract coach and country were paired together.
Sounds like a Venter might take a step back to work at his practice in WP, with Jake taking over, if he is Natal-bound.

This was like what happened post RWC, where every out of contract coach and country were paired together.
Sounds like a Venter might take a step back to work at his practice in WP, with Jake taking over, if he is Natal-bound.

it's a bit of a mess actually. All this speculation and changes, it could become a long and frustrating battle.

for Jake, WP would be a better fit. His Wife lives there, his kids go to school there, he and AC used to coach together, the WP play more to his style of coaching etc.

WP would be a good fit and I'd like Jake to come coach here despite his melodrama and lame media manipulation. But like you said and like our spokespeople have indicated it won't happen. The WPRU administrators like too much to tease us fans with nearly-there results and wouldn't risk actual results at the expense of their inside joke.

WP would be a good fit and I'd like Jake to come coach here despite his melodrama and lame media manipulation. But like you said and like our spokespeople have indicated it won't happen. The WPRU administrators like too much to tease us fans with nearly-there results and wouldn't risk actual results at the expense of their inside joke.

This is part of the big problem in SA Rugby.

And I'm not being racist or anything like that, it's just what I have read, heard and observed.

There is a plan (sort of) by the coloured community to take over SA Rugby. This recent quota system was just the start of the problem. the Newspapers kept on saying the coastal unions were all for it. but that is incorrect as the Sharks was against the vote. it should actually have said the Cape unions. Which included Border, Southern Kings/EP, SWD, Boland, WP and to a latter extent Griquas. They then use their influence to manipulate the smaller unions to vote with them.

Latest posts