• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jaguares issues to Keep players in the future

How much does a Jaguares/Puma earn (contract only) today? Ballpark figure.

From what i read a time ago. Between 60.000/150.000 pesos was going to be depending on experience and utility. which translates to 4000/10000 us dolars more or less. not much.

Thx.

Ok, let's say USD 7 K per month = USD 84K per year.
The average salary of TOP 14 is aprox twice that.

Assume that you are above the average (that's the kind of players i have in mind). So the salary goes from USD 120k. Expecting to get 320 there is imo a reasonable assumption. So that leads us to a USD 200k difference. Say he can get that difference (again, averages) for 5-6 years. That leads to a USD 1-1,2M difference (if they come back after that, otherwise it is probably more).

Given how short the professional life span of a rugby player is, i can understand why they would follow the money.

yep with that kind of money well managed you can live your whole life in argentina. specially that rugby players in arg are usually well educated meaning they will have a good job later on. this amount may enable them to live confi ever after.

Yeh perspective wise a player like Carl Fearns can get £300,000 at Glous.

Players like Isa and Matera could get easier £325,000+ On top of not having to travel 50+ hours which takes its toll on players.

It's a tough ask for them.

Nice some young players and few new face. Although i would cut Leguizamon and Hernandez(despite having some brilliant plays every few matches).

Nice some young players and few new face. Although i would cut Leguizamon and Hernandez(despite having some brilliant plays every few matches).

i wouldnt cut them off. this is a very young team and thir kind of experience is needed. shure they need to find a different rol in the team. cant expect solid performances every week. they need more rest and maybe not start every game like hernadez did last year. this 44 player scuad looks way more solid in terms of replacements and rotations. theres somo many under 25 palyers lots of future here.

some of the new guys all very young

Cristian Bartoloni 192 mts 120 k prop 21 years
Facundo Bosch 179 mts 105 k hooker 25 years
Ignacio Larrague 201 mts 120k 21 years
Marcos Kremer not so tall for second rower 195 115 ks 19 years (very good performance with los pumitas) a force of nature
Santiago Portillo 195mts 101 kg 21 years

[TABLE="width: 0"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Santiago Ãlvarez 188 mts 22 years very speedy[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

joquin diaz bonilla hindu´s experimented fly half 27 years

it wont be long until federico lavanini (tomas younger brother) joins the team 199 mts 126 k 18 years

gonzalez amorosino is out of the team

Last edited:
Most of the young lads have more caps against SH teams that the whole Pumas 2007 team. I can agree on Hernandez though. Legui is money not well spend.

Kramer showed realy good things with Pumitas national squad. On other note: we have tons of promising forwards but we are not generating wings/centers/fullbacks(Tuculet will play till hes 35 haha) in the same numbers.

ps. amorosino it was about time.

Legui is money not well spend.

he did look out of pace for most of the season

Kramer showed realy good things with Pumitas national squad. On other note: we have tons of promising forwards but we are not generating wings/centers/fullbacks(Tuculet will play till hes 35 haha) in the same numbers.

yep

ps. amorosino it was about time.[/QUOTE]

menos definicion que un aurora grundig ;)

There is a big, HUGE elephant in the room and no one at UAR seems to be acknowledging it.
The question is: is jaguares supposed to be the platform from which the 2019 WC team is going to come from or are we just fielding the best players we have at the moment?

The answer is critical imo as it should shape the project you are building. Before 2015 WC UAR/Pumas management stated that their goal was 2019's WC. They made this crystal clear.
And this is important, but some of their actions seem to contradict what they have said. Just to give you an example: Juan Martin Hernandez will be 37 years old by September 2019. Does anyone at UAR/Pumas sincerely believe that he is the best center we will be able to field by 2019? Seriously?
If the answer to that question is yes, then we've completely lost the plot. He has single-handedly cost us a couple of games in 2016.

Another question i have is, is there a minimum time requirement for a player to join Jaguares/UAR teams before the WC in order to be eligible for the Pumas? Meaning, if say Bosch or Figallo were to join Jaguares in 2019, would they be able to play for the Pumas? As far as i understand the current rules allow for this, but common sense tells me this is incredibly hypocritical as it would mean players would do 3 years away and join Jaguares during WC years just to play the WC. I have mixed feelings about it: on one hand it'd be great for the team as solid talent would come when most needed, but it'd be a blow for the players who stuck around and were cut off for the WC.

facundo bosch will no be included in the team. he´s heading for france in june.
don´t know if they will call another hooker
both nico sanchez and juani hernandez are ingured and probably will not be in the first month of competition.
so are lavanini and tetaz
Bad start!

Last edited:
How long are Sanchez and Hernadez injured?
Who starts with them injured? Santiago Iglesias?

How long are Sanchez and Hernadez injured?
Who starts with them injured? Santiago Iglesias?

it seems its going to be a month so they may be starting the first match feb 25 (not for the pre season friendlies)
in case they are not fit supose santiago iglesias will start thers also diaz bonilla who reacently joined the franchise

I was reading about it and it's quite sad actually. The media almost unanimously portrays it along the lines of "Bad news: JMH injured, etc etc" but when you read the comments below they are overwhelmingly either begging him to retire already or actually relieved he won't be starting for Jaguares.

I'm surprised at that. In the rugby championship he was hugely missed when he got injured. I don't see ready made replacements for him at 10 or 12

We are having a lot of trouble creating replacements for 10/12/13/15 and our 11/14 are not so great either.

Landajo fractured, out for months. Should we sign an international-level scrum-half? we can't play with Bertranou or Escurra all this competition ffs (not that Landajo was a super player either...).

Disaster with Landajo. Isa reportedly away to France and suspended from Jaguares training. It's going to be a long season.

Latest posts