• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jaguares issues to Keep players in the future

If the news are true then we lost a big threat and with only 23 YO we lost a big big player for Pumas. Sadly there is no way to say a word about this haa anyone knows were we can complain??

This policy of "only Jaguares are Pumas" doesn't work and will never work.

I'm seriously starting to think all of this super rugby adventure was a mistake... our economy and our rugby are not ready for it.

So, an Uruguayan player joins Jaguares. Nicolás Freitas from Carrasco Polo in Montevideo. He can play as outside center or wing.
It is the first time that a foreigner has joined the squad.
The past monday he was playing a warm up match where the Jags defeated Los Teros 61-7.

So, an Uruguayan player joins Jaguares. Nicolás Freitas from Carrasco Polo in Montevideo. He can play as outside center or wing.
It is the first time that a foreigner has joined the squad.
The past monday he was playing a warm up match where the Jags defeated Los Teros 61-7.

is this viewed as good or bad thing in argentina

i think it's good that more tier 2 players are getting into professional sides but seeing as argentina only has one elite professional team i could see people being at odds with it

my hope is that at some point argentina gets a second super rugby team and hopefully it can use a fair amount of other south american players

I think so too. But the second SR franchise will come in 2019. The UAR is in a learning stage until that date.

is this viewed as good or bad thing in argentina
From what ive read, i d say the overall sentiment is mostly bad. Since jaguares is pretty much the only training/feeding ground for the pumas, you could argue that having non argentines in jaguares takes away spots from potential pumas.

Think about it this way: if i were the pumas coach id rather have a mediocre argentine playing in jaguares and improving than him being s sub to a non argentine and therefore having less playing time.

You could make a case if the players joining were absolute game changers, but that is clearly not the case.

I think is good. Little competition will make them more aware. Also I realy like Uruaguay we are like brothers so if it helps them so be it.

On the ISA topic, he will be the first of many, then will come both 2nd rows(petti/Lavanni) and so on. At this rate we wont be better than before.

Last edited:
Legui meh. Sanchez is a big loss but we playe against kings so its a good match for the back up to get in shape. I think we can win this even with injuries.

Yes, Nico Sanchez out for three weeks and Legui for six weeks.

Isa is now a Toulon's player; so he's officialy out from Jaguares and the Pumas. Big loss.

It it 100% certain that ISA won't play for the Jaguares this year? Despite being contracted with them until the end of the season?

I dont know Argentina's situation very well but if they are only going to select local players for the pumas then they need another super rugby team, and seriously they need to have 3 teams. One is not enough.

And they need to put a lot of focus on developing young players and work really hard on preparing their under 20's guys for super rugby.