• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jerry Collins has died - RIP

Just saw this on my facebook newsfeed!! Bloody sad. My thoughts to those close to him, great player in his prime :(

No age at all. RIP and thoughts to his friends and family - the game loses a great today. Always loved the story of him rocking up to that club down in Cornwall for a 2s game.

Really sad for Rugby community Legendary Enforcer. May he Rest In Peace.

Another great player disappears, he also lost his wife in the accident, his 2 yo old daughter in in a fight for her life, the car accident happened on the Autoroute A9, just outside Beziers early this morning.Our hearts go out to his family and friends and all the rugby world who will miss this guy.

RIP Jerry Collins and your wife.

Last edited:
RIP one of my favourite all blacks to watch. A Collins and McCaw flank partnership was the best in the business for many years. Very sad

Toulon play their TOP 14 semi tonight in Bordeaux against Stade Francaise so i presume there will be black armbands and a minutes applause or silence which ever it will be, could be a very tough night for Toulon and its supporters, as he was a very popualr player while he was at Toulon although he did do a naughty things while ha was there, but a massive person and character who everyone loved.

Going to me a minute silence for him in the Hurricanes game and also they will wear a black armband. We are playing our 2nd string team, so we better be prepared for a hammering I think. They will be up for it.

Horrible news. A great player and from what I've heard, a great bloke too. RIP

Terrible news.

RIP Thoughts go out to all those connected to him.

Remember meeting him in the Hilton London before the baabaa played SA, such a great bloke.

Absolutely shocked. He was a top player in his prime but more importantly he was an absolute gent off the field. Met him a few times and not once was he in poor form or without a smile. May him and his wife rest in peace. Also I'm praying for his child.
We've lost a true gent of the game.

Latest posts