• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jerry Collins has died - RIP

SAD SAD DAY :(

Prayers to his little daughter and family :(

RIP Jerry Collins. Greatest enforcer in rugby. No one tackled like Collins. RIP to his wife and my thoughts are with his daughter.

RIP Jerry Collins. Greatest enforcer in rugby. No one tackled like Collins. RIP to his wife and my thoughts are with his daughter.
Their daughter is only 2 months old as well. :(

RIP to both. This is horrible.

Our thoughts are with all of those close to him, but especially with his 2 month old daughter who is in critical condition.

Tragic news.

RIP

really sad to hear this, very tragic news :(

RIP to both. Lets hope they're daughter makes it.

Last edited:
RIP. My thoughts are with his daughter, his and his wife's families. Absolutely tragic

Last edited:
No age at all. RIP and thoughts to his friends and family - the game loses a great today. Always loved the story of him rocking up to that club down in Cornwall for a 2s game.

Barnstaple (Devon). Until I heard the story, I wasn't much of a fan of his (although that it a compliment in itself to an opposition flanker). The lack of ego, fact that he made the effort and way he carried himself showed that he embodied the spirit of rugby and I have been a big fan ever since. RIP Jerry and his wife. I believe that he wore Barnstaple socks when he represented the Barbarians shortly afterwards, which was a lovely gesture in itself.

Edit, there's a video about his visit to Barnstaple here:

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-uni...s-dies-at-age-of-34-after-car-crash-in-france

Last edited:
RIP Jerry Collins and your wife.

I hope that his daughter would save doctors.

RIP and nice touch from Chris Masoe who has Jerry's hair colouring in Bordeaux tonight....

RIP Jerry Collins, thoughts are with your friends and family

That is really sad tragic news, my thoughts and prayers to him and his
family. Please God the child will survive.

was shocked, I didn't know till I tuned into the hurricanes game just as the players were standing in silence and I sat there wondering who had died

he was a real character, very cool dude

Such sad, sad news. NZ media here had reported his troubles in Japan a couple of years ago, so its sad to hear that he got his ... together and this managed to happen. He was a great player, one of my favourite as I was growing up and that loose forward trio of the ABs remains my favourite. Such a sad sad loss and thoughts go out to his family and his wifes.

NB - A bit of a media fight here in NZ, Tony Veitch who is a sports reporter has covered this story really well, and has criticised the way NZ herald et al have treated it. Typical media stuff, our national news paper loves dragging our successful sons names through the dirt and JC was no exception. They really are dogs.

Off the field, Jerry Collins more than any other All Black (I know of) - would be the guy who would go and watch the youth grades play at Norths, and hang around the club rooms. I remember playing there as a kid and thinking 'man that's cool' - complimenting kids on their runs and tackles etc. Real character - seemed to have a bit of trouble more recently, but as far as a guy who was a figure for the community he played in, few guys stand out as genuine as Jerry Collins.

Every man has many faces. When he passes away you don't bleat on about the dodgy bits, you talk about the positives and this bloke had plenty of positives.
Jerry Collins returned regularly to Norths to play for the club or to encourage the kids, or he'd turn out for Barnstaple 2nd's, because that's where he felt most comfortable. At heart he was a very humble fellow, a good bloke.

Every man has many faces. When he passes away you don't bleat on about the dodgy bits, you talk about the positives and this bloke had plenty of positives.
Jerry Collins returned regularly to Norths to play for the club or to encourage the kids, or he'd turn out for Barnstaple 2nd's, because that's where he felt most comfortable. At heart he was a very humble fellow, a good bloke.

Well said!

Latest posts