• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

John Mitchell (apparently) faces player revolt...

F

Fushitsusha

This follows a story from a couple of days ago (not the SMH) that Giteau and Drew Mitchell are destined for the Brumbies in 2010...

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/super14...0725819972.html

Former All Blacks coach John Mitchell has been hit by a Wallabies player revolt.

Mitchell - sacked by the NZRU after the 2003 World Cup - is set to lose at least two key Australian internationals from his Western Force Super 14 side.

And for inspirational first-five Matt Giteau, the crisis over his playing future couldn't have come at a worse time.

Giteau should be focusing on Saturday's Tri-Nations showdown against the All Blacks in Brisbane and his battle with opposite number Dan Carter.

But he will now be forced to answer questions about his bust-up with Mitchell and pending return to the Brumbies.

A Force source has confirmed Giteau is one of a number of players at the Perth-based franchise who have become sick of Mitchell's ways.

Dropped Wallaby lock Nathan Sharpe is another set to end his ties with the franchise.

Both are desperate to escape Mitchell, who Sunday News understands has lost the ear and respect of some Force players.

Giteau doesn't agree with Mitchell's coaching style or the way he handles the players.

"Giteau hates Mitchell,'' the source said.

"He wants out of the Force and wants to head back to the Brumbies or go to the Waratahs.

"There's quite an anti-Mitchell sentiment among some of the players, they're sick of him.

"Mitchell talks it up very well and he impresses people when he meets them but then he starts his (mind) games and that tends to put people off.

"The longer he's at an organisation, the more bad sentiments come towards him.

"It's got to the point now where some players don't even listen to him."

Mitchell missed out on continuing with the All Blacks after his side lost in the semifinals of the 2003 World Cup.

NZRU officials had become concerned with his reluctance to co-operate with team sponsors.

And his former team manager Andrew Martin accused Mitchell of overseeing a drinking culture within the All Blacks on the 2001 tour to Europe and Argentina.

Yawn yawn yawn. Same old crap, they've been going on about Giteau leaving for years, they can't accept maybe that maybe people like Perth?

A few points, why would a Force source (one step away from stating unknown source) come to the SMH of all people after all the **** they have thrown at the Force?

It's funny how the players are apparently sick of Mitchell when last season Pocock and John O'Connor signed specifically because Mitchell was a good coach and they wanted to play under him. Who do I believe, the players or one of SMH's mysterious sources?

Have SMH given their emails to the WA courts yet that could prove illegal activities with David Round yet?

When I get a quote from one of the players and not a mysterious source it'll be paper talk until then.

And I think the original story a few days ago was just a re-hash, they wrote about it months ago about Giteau meeting Fagan.

The fact this article mentions Giteau moving to the Waratahs, are you serious? Why the hell would he move there?

EDIT: Oh, and Sharpie re-signed to 2011 at the very end of this years Super 14. And despite SMH's so called proof all our players would leave this year they all successfully re-signed, and the only one that left, being Digby, wants to come back! Sign of discord indeed. :p

Gits squashed the rumours on the sunday times today.
Somebody is telling fibs!?!!?!?

Force skipper rejects rift rumours

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?Men...ContentID=96702

SMH are reporting Giteau is refusing to speak to the media, yet this comes from the Sunday times.

1220845037.jpg

Is it any wonder ACTUAL Force people don't want to speak to them?

PS. Sorry about the large image but, it does the job.

Sick of these bs articles.. after living in Canberra for his whole life, then moving to perth, hes finally realised how much of a shithole canberra is, why wud he go back

hope Digby goes back to wa.. then when Victoria get a franchise he will whinge again and go to victoria.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Sep 8 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hope Digby goes back to wa.. then when Victoria get a franchise he will whinge again and go to victoria.[/b]
With the whole Sydney v Melbourne rivalry already built in you can just see the various trash reporters rubbing their hands together about the shite they can write. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Sep 8 2008, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
after living in Canberra for his whole life, then moving to perth, hes finally realised how much of a shithole canberra is, why wud he go back[/b]

To play in a champion Super rugby team... :lol2tn:

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised either way on what he does after 2009... both teams have their obvious benefits to him...

The funny thing is that article was written by a NZ paper instead of the SMH for once... has Mitchell upset someone across the Tasman?

Everyone knows Western Australia is the best part of Australia.

Its five hours closer to the UK for a start!

And that's why we've almost written it off, too :p
Interesting some of the stuff Gits says, the way he says it does not rule out a move at all. Not sure whether that's him being a rugby boy or whether he's being secretive :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Sep 8 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Interesting some of the stuff Gits says, the way he says it does not rule out a move at all. Not sure whether that's him being a rugby boy or whether he's being secretive :D[/b]
Well he hasn't re-signed, why would he rule it out unequivocally, he would sign otherwise.

The problem is Aussie sport is stifled by salary caps and that so the transfer idea isn't developed in the mind of the population. Look at the EPL, a player will say, like Giteau has, that he is happy where he is but it's all basically paper talk until the player has signed on the dotted line. He could go, he could not. In Perth he has only just brought a house, his girlfriend plays for the Perth netball team, you can't beat the Perth lifestyle if you're a sportsman so until he says otherwise there is no reason he'd leave.

Although his girlfriend is the sister of Buddy Franklin so maybe he IS moving to the Brumbies, after their move to Victoria of course. ;)

The force are my favourite super 14 team i like them alot and to see my 2nd favourite Aussie player leave the club would end me in tears as hill did for saracens :( (joke)

The chairman will want to keep giteau, mitchell and also sharpe maybe he will sack the manager and get a new one like maybe george gregan lol (possible? probably not)

lol websites allways copy and paste now

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4684255a1823.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Sep 9 2008, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And that's why we've almost written it off, too :p
Interesting some of the stuff Gits says, the way he says it does not rule out a move at all. Not sure whether that's him being a rugby boy or whether he's being secretive :D[/b]

If Gits walks out on the force before the 09 season it will be because of a failure in finding a 3rd party sponsor to pay for his contract. That could be a reality and everyone already knows that. The whole saga about coach mitchell is a beautie but baseless.

i really want him not to leave he is my favourite 2nd player in world behind steyn. he holds the WF up alot. Without him i doubt they could of ended where they did.

Latest posts