• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June Internationals: New Zealand v France, First Test (08/06/13)

See Ben Smith would of caught that high kick going into half time and we would of scored another try before half time!

Enjoyable game.

Though New Zealand should be Further ahead.

Ranger should start in 14 next week with Smith at fullback and kerr barlow at 9. Get rid of crocket all together he's a waste of space.

Seriously Ranger would tear this french team a new one.

All Blacks their own worst enemies at the moment. Dropped ball and general lack of ball security, clumsy NZ legs in the way at the breakdown giving turnover ball to France on at least three occasions.

France's only try coming because two opponents bumbled into each other midfield and created a gap for the French player to run through.

Not impressed with the efforts of either side so far (typical rustiness of an opening test of the season perhaps?) but I think this French side is no pushover.

Good half with lots of good stuff but, Das, think you can go to bed now.......game is all over bar the shouting!!

Oh, no no! Rugby is a game of two halves! I'm in for the long haul!

Also, we just had a tropical storm system roll through tonight, and atmospheric low pressures always make me wired! Woo!

:D

das

Cruden not bringing his kicking boots.

I suppose there wasn't really much choice but a bit naive having one kicker in the side and him not being a frontline kicker erither.
French did the same thing with Michalak. FTR, Cruden has had higher kicking percentages than Carter over the past few seasons in Super Rugby. That could be to do with Messam not wanting long range penalty goals though.

Get rid of crocket all together he's a waste of space.

You're talking about a player who has got us two scrum penalties in the first half by out-scrummaging his opponent!!!!

French did the same thing with Michalak. FTR, Cruden has had higher kicking percentages than Carter over the past few seasons in Super Rugby. That could be to do with Messam not wanting long range penalty goals though.

I'm pretty sure that's not correct...

You're talking about a player who has got us two scrum penalties in the first half by out-scrummaging his opponent!!!!
I counted only 1? (and I totally disagreed with it)

(edit: actually the one on Ducalcon I was ok with. The one on Domingo was BS imo).

On the same topic, I don't know how long we can wait for Ducalcon to deliver at international level. He's been one of the dominant tightheads in the top 14 for about four seasons now, but at 29 years old, I don't know if we can expect him to ever take the step up to test rugby.

And the tight five have been way too lazy. We're giving turnovers away too often. It is nice if the boys are skillful ball in hand, but that should only coma after they do their pushing job.

Think the commentator got it wrong first and Marshall bumbled into it....................

You're right - just re-listened to it. Nisbett bungled it and Marshall just repeated. Later in I think Nisbett said it 'Nahnga', which I have no idea if that's right or not!

das

Pretty pleased that Dussain is coming on for Machenaud as his kicking has been shocking and pretty slow.....despite what our Justin thinks!!

Send for Yach......

You're right - just re-listened to it. Nisbett bungled it and Marshall just repeated. Later in I think Nisbett said it 'Nahnga', which I have no idea if that's right or not!

das

N-i-an-ga

I honestly dont believe that he actually won those penalties more than the french lost them they are clearly boring in and its obvious. There is no way that a guy that gives out x amount of penalties every game has some how magically turned that around its just luck.

Retallick has been my pick of the forwards so far for NZ, having a big game!!

Last edited:
Retallick has been my pick of the forwards so far for NZ, having a big game!!

He's done a lot of good things, always getting good go forward, but he's also made a couple of errors. But yeah, for me it's probably him or Messam - who's been very good on defence.

All Blacks their own worst enemies at the moment. Dropped ball and general lack of ball security, clumsy NZ legs in the way at the breakdown giving turnover ball to France on at least three occasions. .

.......and nothing has changed!

They should be miles ahead now despite one of the better French displays over the last 18 months or so...I would agree with ZeFrenchie that overall there are a few of the French front 5 who have gone missing and left the back row to try and win it on their own..

Latest posts