• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 2nd Test] South Africa vs. England (16/06/2018)

My team for next week.

Genge (if fit)
Cowan Dickie
Sinckler
Itoje
Launchbury
Shields
Wilson
Simmonds

Robson / Spencer
Cipriani
May
Farrell
Daly
Earle / Solomona
Woodward

Mix it up. Nothing to lose

That lot need a dose of abrasive. That played most of the game like a total shower. I mean was it really that hard? SH clearly couldn't handle our runners in the wide channels. Every time it got out there we made ground or scored. So suck them in and little and ship it wide. Or do what NZ often do and move it from left to right real quick to narrow things out wide. The when I'm out territory decent long kicks in the thin high veld air.

Keep in mind I only see England teams at international and champions cup time but

15 Brown
14 Nowell
13 Daly
12 Barritt
11 Watson
10 Farrell
9 Wigglesworth
8 Vunipola
7 Kvesic
6 Shields
5 Itoje
4 Launchbury
3 Cole
2 George
1 Vunipola

There, you're welcome.
Farrell at 10?! Who chose to keep going for the corner when there was loads of time and not take 3 points? Who stropped like a 5 year old at the ref? Who managed to **** up a simple pass to Daly and give SA an attacking scrum? Who was so busy pushing an SA player to prove he was hard that he left a huge gap. The man's brain is are gravy!

Surely Leinster v Sarries would show anyone that Farrell/Barritt is not made for international rugby?

Loving this assessment this is the same setup that we're back to back European champions as well as premierships champions and narrowly lost last season, I don't think you can base their recent dip in form solely on that.....

Also can I just say well done SA.
Showing a lot of character.

What a difference having a coach like Rassie and a captain like Kolisi makes.
A lot of heart, just need to work on the wide defence.
Hope they can keep on improving through the Rugby Championship. Rugby needs a strong Springbok side, if only so that someone can challenge the ABs

Also can I just say well done SA.
Showing a lot of character.

What a difference having a coach like Rassie and a captain like Kolisi makes.
A lot of heart, just need to work on the wide defence.
Yup, some serious talent in that team. England being crap shouldn't take away from their achievement. Vermeulen, de Klerk and maybe even Kitschoff (major victim of the quota) are probably the best in the world in their positions currently.

Hope they can keep on improving through the Rugby Championship. Rugby needs a strong Springbok side, if only so that someone can challenge the ABs

A strong Aus and SA changes the landscape IMO, if either can somehow make the AB question themselves a bit pre world cup it could help a lot.

Which won't solve the problem because our issue is every game our forwards are being bullied off the park, giving away penalties, missing tackles and know sweet **** all about the breakdown. Looking at changes in the backs to deal with problems with our forwards will achieve nothing.

Stop making excuses for Ford FFS our forwards were awfull but Ford had an oppertunity to kick in the late stages instead tried to dart locked up and gave Brown a hospital ball, he needs to go, what does he have to do for you to accept on the back foot he is useless........ in an ideal world he wouldn't be on the back foot but hey he is this is where we are so what do we do cry and blame everything else or try and at least use personnel better equipped on the back foot?

Cipriani is the only 10 we've got who has demonstrated the ability to play on the back foot.
Saying Ford is better when given a perfect platform and all support runners is all nice and good but he's not getting that and isn't likely to soon.

Spot on sense at last.

Well Ben Youngs is now a sexist according to some.......

Honestly what he did wasn't vene that bad not like he told her to jog on or anything.

Cipriani is the only 10 we've got who has demonstrated the ability to play on the back foot.
Saying Ford is better when given a perfect platform and all support runners is all nice and good but he's not getting that and isn't likely to soon.
Okay fair enough we start with Cipriani do we win the game? Nope Do we even lose by less? Possibly but unlikely.

This such an annoying conversation about area where it's like number 99 of our 99 problems.

Latest posts