• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Junior World Cup 2008

Each pool was designated a stadium to play at, so England's final pool game will be in newport again. Are they playing Austrailia, should be a good game!

Wales hugely underperformed against Japan, they got slaughtered up front against them, which is a big worry. Saying that, Warberton was the only player left in the pack which played against Italy, which means there's plenty of players to come back in.

Our backline is very impressive, with flair throughout. Biggar and Owen have been the standout players so far, though they have yet to play to the standards they've set all year. Should be a good game v the French, hope they can make it through.

France seems a little bit superior to Wales from what I saw but we lost some key players versus Italia: our captain Morgan Parra (who's out for the rest of the competition...) Lauret (same thing) and Bastareaud. (red card)

Two of them were players that are used to high level with several games in Top 14 & H-Cup, this is clearly a hard blow.

They showed the tries from the Scotland game on tv tonight. I'm not too clued up on our baby boks but they look a very complete team, all the tries were from different play. From scrums, rolling mauls, turn overs, chip kicks through, broken play, to name a few.
The fullback, scrum half, no.5 lock and left wing look like quality players, but a bit unfair to mention just them because the team works as a well oiled unit. Bring it home boys!

<div class='quotemain'>
Forgot about O'Connor.. How come he isn't allowed to play?

Shame Beale isn't playing either.. now Quade Coopers stuck at flyhalf for us, he will choke it up and we will lose.[/b]
They deem him too young for the Junior World Cup, despite him playing Super 14 and sevens, absolute joke....Cooper will be alright, he will thrive in a lower grade, I think he's not far off from eliminating the jitters in his game and when he does he'll be formidable.... [/b][/quote]

Haha what a joke!!! He played sevens and s14 against guys more than 10 years older than him. Far out he would kill it.

Pretty one sided games, how come teams like Ireland, Scotland or Italy not put any better performances? Surely it would be a bealk future for these teams..

Wales have been going along nicely so far. Hoping Josh Turnbull gets some more starts, I went to school with him :p

wales won 23-19 in a tense finnish

the french then started a brawl after the match, and pleased to say the welsh boys put them to bed

Wales have got some talent coming through hopefully they can progress quite far in this World Cup!

halfpenny scored 18 pts from the wing

hes got alot of talent this kid, and a hell of a boot

wales won 23-19 in a tense finnish

the french then started a brawl after the match, and pleased to say the welsh boys put them to bed [/b]

I thought that this was the referee of their previous matrch who put their best players to bed before their next match versus his nation team.

Wales did not deserve to win that match, our forwards were mullered in almost every aspect. But then again, France also didn't deserve to win, their backs play for most the game was so appaling, I think I could have done better. Whoever their no 10 was, he couldn't control a game even if he was playing under 10's.

Hmm, no-one deserved to win. Suppose the team that didn't give up deserved it in the end!

Looks like I was wrong about Halfpenny. As long as he doesn't have the one-off nightmare game then he could be in the Welsh squad soon!

Great win for England against the much vaunted Aussies. Last minute try by Warriors winger Benjamin to seal it. The forwards apparently destroyed the Aussie eight, sound familiar???

The Baby Boks squeezed out a last minute try and victory against Samoa 16-11, an islander team, to secure a semi final spot against England. Sounds familiar to...
And the game is gonna be broadcasted!

Would be good, pitty it's so far away! Were gonna loose though, were gonna get demolished up front I fear. Though France were very organised, so might not be as bad!

Can't see us winning - it could be very humiliating given the AB's 60 - 0 demolition of Argentina and our poor display against France.

Can't see us winning - it could be very humiliating given the AB's 60 - 0 demolition of Argentina and our poor display against France. [/b]

You do have hope however given these two things:

(1) You are playing New Zealand
(2) It is a world cup

Usually (1) is a bad thing, but when you combine (1) and (2) you have a real chance..

New Zealand actually tend to do ok at world cups at age-grade levels so we might be ok.... i hope.. :unsure:

Latest posts