• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jwrc 2015

Definitely saw people bemoaning the coaches and selections during the 6N, so exactly what's happened here.

Here's a challenge for you all; Find the last French national defeat which posters on this forum did not blame on / talk about PSA.
Oh wait, that's what you do every. single. time. Why? Because it's relevant. By the same token so are conversations about Callard who is terrible.

#Idiots

Last edited:
Arrogance with a capital A...

It should be the Godwins law of rugby forums, any time someone talks about English arrogance, they lose the argument.

Arrogance with a capital A...

It should be the Godwins law of rugby forums, any time someone talks about English arrogance, they lose the argument.

Actually, when someone disobey's the forum rules, and types consecutive words in Capital letters, is a sign that the argument is lost..,

at least Heineken understands, but then again he is NOT arrogant!!!! HAVE TO MEET A SAFFA WHO IS......... LOVELY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

What a completely unnecessary overreaction - your touchiness really must be a burden.

I didn't make any comments on the French performance because I'm not concerned with it nor do I know enough about the players. The only comment relevant to the French players that I made is that I take the weights that the FFR give with a pinch of salt.

Everyone is arrogant about their team, there is to much emotional investment for most of us to be completely objective and rational. Doesn't mean you have to slag off an entire Nation.

Anyway I wasn't very confident about this current crop after the Italy game but perhaps there is hope after all. At the very least some good talents coming through, particularly in the back row.

Can gaston actually show some quotes of these 'excuses'? I've read through the thread and haven't seen any, all people have said is that the French pack weren't that dominant, that Callard is rubbish and that the English pack weren't much heavier. None of which are excuses for a loss.

when i say 7kg a man its on average and not literally and although the prop who came off the bench was heavier i will admit (last 5 mins Paeva came on in the 75min and certainly no time to impress weight or other wise))) the scrum weights are produced on the starting XV not the bench and you could see without any problems that the English pack was much heavier unless of course you have problems with your eyes!!!!!!
Technique often out plays weight and for 70 mins of the game the French were tecnically better in the set pieces by a country mile.hence the win, obviously you do know the old phrase "NO SCRUM NO WIN"

I am just going to leave this here....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just going to leave this here....

Very clever but no one ever contested that the Japanese did not dominate the French scrum the very fact is they were better than France but still lost by 40 pts and no one actually made any excuses for the poor French set pieces,that my friends is the difference, a little honesty goes a long way

Last edited by a moderator:
when i say 7kg a man its on average and not literally and although the prop who came off the bench was heavier i will admit (last 5 mins Paeva came on in the 75min and certainly no time to impress weight or other wise))) the scrum weights are produced on the starting XV not the bench and you could see without any problems that the English pack was much heavier unless of course you have problems with your eyes!!!!!!
Technique often out plays weight and for 70 mins of the game the French were tecnically better in the set pieces by a country mile.hence the win, obviously you do know the old phrase "NO SCRUM NO WIN"
Very clever but no one ever contested that the Japanese did not dominate the French scrum the very fact is they were better than France but still lost by 40 pts and no one actually made any excuses for the poor French set pieces,that my friends is the difference, a little honesty goes a long way
Didn't see the game annoyingly, so did not argue with you despite you trying to take on anyone English. From the highlights it was a lucky intercept try that won the game but as I say didn't see it.
You just made a lot of bad point that bugged me so I had to do something...
Hard to argue with weights as that's hard facts but you tried, Callard is crap but had nothing to do with French team

how the luckiest interception won the game amazes me, 30-18 minus 7 still gives 23-18 so not really that lucky and as it was only mts from the French line that England were attacking, it was calculated if he did not intercept there would have been a try for England, so there is nothing lucky about it, it was a sh** or bust situation. and why are the weights not correct for the French players, they were used by tele and comentators exactly what is to gain ...... nothing, i have yet to hear about a points advantage before the game starts if you are a lighter pack., but then not a lot surprises me anymore on this forum

how the luckiest interception won the game amazes me, 30-18 minus 7 still gives 23-18 so not really that lucky and as it was only mts from the French line that England were attacking, it was calculated if he did not intercept there would have been a try for England, so there is nothing lucky about it, it was a sh** or bust situation. and why are the weights not correct for the French players, they were used by tele and comentators exactly what is to gain ...... nothing, i have yet to hear about a points advantage before the game starts if you are a lighter pack., but then not a lot surprises me anymore on this forum

Gaston, your math is wrong.

An interception is not a 7 point difference, it's a 14 point difference... If the player didn't intercept the ball, the opposition would still have had possession of the ball and would've been attacking, and usually have scored when someone went in for the interception but missed. So it would have been 7 more points to England, and 7 less points to France...

Anyway I wasn't very confident about this current crop after the Italy game but perhaps there is hope after all. At the very least some good talents coming through, particularly in the back row.

You can double the scoreline vs Italy in our favor though; one of the most shockingly one sided blowing from a ref I've seen ever. Eclipsing even the shenanigans of teh 2011 RWC.

I knew the forwards were all class though I am not sure the entire pack is truly 1st choice (I feel we have better young hookers and locks still). But I have to admit I've been impressed with the backline as a unit; no stand out players but they've functioned well enough as a unit up till now. We'll have to wait and see if that continues when we're up against sterner opposition but so far I've been having to rethink my first analysis of the backs.

You can double the scoreline vs Italy in our favor though; one of the most shockingly one sided blowing from a ref I've seen ever. Eclipsing even the shenanigans of teh 2011 RWC.

I knew the forwards were all class though I am not sure the entire pack is truly 1st choice (I feel we have better young hookers and locks still). But I have to admit I've been impressed with the backline as a unit; no stand out players but they've functioned well enough as a unit up till now. We'll have to wait and see if that continues when we're up against sterner opposition but so far I've been having to rethink my first analysis of the backs.

Seriously?

That hooker that played vs Australia was a busy body and he's very accurate at the lineouts, he can teach Scarra Ntubeni how to throw to his locks...

And both locks have performed well. Okay RG Snyman was a bit quiet vs. Oz, but it's because his lock partner (and Affies teammate) completely overshadowed him.

Maybe it's just that those players havn't been as stand out as the loose trio and props. I'm not saying they're poor mind you, just that we've had better IMO and I rate some of the guys not picked higher.

Anyways, I see us as slight favorites vs England and then (IF we manage that) anything can happen vs NZ/France. Have to say I didn't fancy us as a chance prior to the tournament's start.

Gaston, your math is wrong.

An interception is not a 7 point difference, it's a 14 point difference... If the player didn't intercept the ball, the opposition would still have had possession of the ball and would've been attacking, and usually have scored when someone went in for the interception but missed. So it would have been 7 more points to England, and 7 less points to France...

if is a very big word and often used only "when if "!!!!!

Absurd decision to award a penalty and deny a try for that, utterly absurd.

Tevita Li is very good, but as he was last year, he does seem to have a massive ego.

Latest posts