• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lauaki cited

N

nam97

Following the New Zealand v Romania Pool C match in Toulouse on Saturday, 29 September, a New Zealand player has been cited by citing commissioner John West.

The New Zealand number 8 Sione Lauaki has been cited for an alleged dangerous tackle on Romania wing Gabriel Brezoianu.

The player and his team management have been informed and a hearing is expected to take place on Monday, 1 October in Paris.

>>If I remember correctly, it was a swinging fore arm from behind across the throat. Didn't actually look to bad at the time, and no fuss what so ever was made over it.

meh, at least they didn't cite Mealamu. Tubby Boy is a good luxery off the bench, but I wouldn't lose any sleep for not having him against the French, his full value would be felt against a team like the Boks or the Argies.

He'll get at least a week. Maybe two. Would love to see him off the bench against the French but no worries.

The tackle in question was a bit high but absolutely no mallace in it. So I really don't think Lauaki should get banned maybe just a good talking too from uncle Henry & Co.

The tackle in question was a bit high but absolutely no mallace in it. So I really don't think Lauaki should get banned maybe just a good talking too from uncle Henry & Co. [/b]

A talking to? No sir, he'll get a pat on the back for a job well done. Make no mistake, Lauaki's job is to be an intimidator and play on the edge.

It doesn't warrent a suspension at all. His arm kind of slipped up from the chest towards the neck. If anything Mealamu's was worse, but still, not worth a suspension little own a citing

this is a bit of a joke and a waste of time.

theyre trying to make rugby like a ******* sport straight up! geez manare they serious with that citing!! grr