• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Munster

Sexton is really impressive. He's got everything a fly-half needs, and it seems he will continue to improve. He definitely needs to take the field for Ireland as #10. I can't wait for this game to kick off... GO LEINSTER!

I'll be watching it at home with 18 friends... 17 Leinster supporters and 1 Munster fan. :D

Not saying Sexton is a bad player or gone backwards just as even some of ye agreed He still has to prove and if he does maintain form and improve I see no reason why he wont be Ireland 10 for long time but also be 1 of worlds best in his prime but lads for all the insults placed on ROG ..... He's won more than majority of Leinster players but agree Saturday could be battle for Irish #10 jersey because I just feel if Sexton does have chance of starting 6-Nations he will have to get decent amount of game time in AI's and I don't mean against Fiji.

Also looking forward to battle in pack should be bubbling up nicely B)

Think both side have best depth in options they've ever had but hope Hurley get another go on wing as he's been brilliant since moving to wing and has experience of playing in H'Cup final so should be well able for it and .......

C'Mon Munster ...... Stand Up And Fight :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 2 2009, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sexton is really impressive. He's got everything a fly-half needs, and it seems he will continue to improve. He definitely needs to take the field for Ireland as #10. I can't wait for this game to kick off... GO LEINSTER!

I'll be watching it at home with 18 friends... 17 Leinster supporters and 1 Munster fan. :D[/b]
How does that work? All the girls prefer Leinster because of Contepomi, and the only man in the room reckons rugby is more important than sucking balls?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 1 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 2 2009, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be watching it at home with 18 friends... 17 Leinster supporters and 1 Munster fan. :D[/b]
How does that work? All the girls prefer Leinster because of Contepomi, and the only man in the room reckons rugby is more important than sucking balls?
[/b][/quote]

The only reason one of my ex's went to the mem with me :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 1 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

Not really the case. The only guy rooting for Munster happens to be an American with nil knowledge of Rugby... he just likes Munster because he's from San Diego (like O'Gara). As for the rest of us, we just wholeheartedly and collectively dislike Munster (just as much as 40.000.000 people in Argentina do). ;)

We often get the chance to watch the games at the club (Newman) with Manuel Contepomi, but he's gone north to promote the sport. Meh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 1 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 1 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Not really the case. The only guy rooting for Munster happens to be an American with nil knowledge of Rugby... he just likes Munster because he's from San Diego (like O'Gara). As for the rest of us, we just wholeheartedly and collectively dislike Munster (just as much as 40.000.000 people in Argentina do). ;)

We often get the chance to watch the games at the club (Newman) with Manuel Contepomi, but he's gone north to promote the sport. Meh.
[/b][/quote]
Hurray!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 1 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 1 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
As bad as it is still feeling the effects of been hammered by Leinster last year at least we still have comfort of knowing Felipe Contepomi can never call ROG a choker as the man has choke himself to death against Munster and well Sexton is centre of topics for reason. He did damage against us and well if Contepomi stayed on pitch well we'd have been playin Leinster and as much as he rattles my cage I just glad Sexton is Irish and after an uncertainty at 10 i confident we safe there for few years

What about Freddie Pucciarello? :(

A legendary Argentinian prop (who played international rugby for Italy)

340x.jpg

Freddie_Puc.jpg

:D

Munster:
15. K Earls;
14. D Howlett,
13. L Mafi,
12. J de Villiers,
11. D Hurley;

10. R O'Gara capt,
9. T O'Leary;

1. M Horan,
2. D Fogarty,
3. J Hayes;
4. D O'Callaghan,
5. M O'Driscoll;
6. D Leamy,
7. N Ronan,
8. N Williams.

Replacements: J Flannery, T Buckley, P O'Connell, D Wallace, P Warwick, P Stringer, I Dowling.

Well that's near enough to as strong as the Munster backline goes. ROG is obviously the defensive weakness. No worries about Hurley anymore who's doing brilliantly on the wing and Mafi is the only thing that worries me going forward. He has a habbit of butchering overlaps by going on his own.

Strong enough front row. Just missing Flannery who's probably gonna come on for the second half. Same goes for O'Connell an the backrow looks about right with Ronan and Williams having earned their places and Leamy battling for his place and starting at 6 (thoiugh I don't think he's a 6).

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Shane Horgan
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: John Fogarty
3: Stan Wright
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Nathan Hines
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Bernard Jackman
17: Mike Ross
18: Malcolm O'Kelly
19: Sean O'Brien
20: Simon Keogh
21: Fergus McFadden
22: Rob Kearney

Very Strong looking Leinster team. Was hoping that Ross would start so we could get the Irish Prop battle commenced. Sean O'Brien's also earned a place in that backrow and should be starting ahead of Jennings. Don't entirely comprehend Rob being on the bench. Surely they want him to have plenty of form and match practice going into the Heineken Cup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 2 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
O'Tackleintheair is captain?

Funniest thing I've ever seen.[/b]

Nah, I laughed more when O'Callaghan got to captain a Lions team. He did a good job though. ROG has captained before.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 2 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well that's near enough to as strong as the Munster backline goes.[/b]

Yeah I dont see O'Connell and Flannery on the bench as that big a deal. Both Fogarty and O'Driscoll have been playing out of their skins so far so it would have been harsh to drop them.

As for Leinster. Thats pretty much the team I called except for McLaughlin in for O'Brien. Its not a call I would question though as McLaughlin has been fantastic for us so far this year. Just shows the competition in the team.

A few interesting sub-plots
The Fogarty brothers facing eachother in the scrum will be facinating. In between killing eachother in the mother of all family battles, both of them should send the darts flying everywhere so the lineout could go either way.

The Scrum itself. Munster had a great day against a non-existent Dragons scrum (we butchered them too). This will be a real key area as I'm sure both Williams and especially Heaslip would love a run at the 10 channel.

Sexton vs O'gara for the Irish Jersey. Personally I dont think Sexton has a chance unless Kidney wants to experiment (which he absolutely has to do this year) but a decent game from Sexton could set down a marker. He's under a lot of pressure this Saturday.

Oh and 36 out of the 44 players are Irish. Kidney must be loving it as there are Irish battles all over the place. Healy, Reddan and of course Sexton.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 2 2009, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What about Freddie Pucciarello? :(

A legendary Argentinian prop (who played international rugby for Italy)

340x.jpg

Freddie_Puc.jpg

:D[/b]

Pucciarello... legendary beer swilling guy. :bravo:

The reason why we dislike Munster does not have to do with the team itself, but with some of their players, namedly: O'Gara and O'Callaghan. These gentlemen have shown some nasty attitude towards Argentinians in general -- from stirring up a fight in a bar with Mario Ledesma, to saying all sort of things about us. None of the aforementioned sit well with us as they don't belong to the Rugby world and the behaviour we'd expect from professional players. Nonetheless, both are good players and I do respect them for that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 2 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
O'Tackleintheair is captain?

Funniest thing I've ever seen.[/b]

:D

This game is going to be huge. There are several factors that will come into play and I hope <strike>Leinster</strike> Rugby will be the winner at the end of the day.

Stirring up a fight in a bar with Mario? Didn't Mario take exception to ROG celebrating a last minute match winning drop goal? Mario and ROG are good friends now according to ROG's book, they had a drink and Mario called him a "good guy"

Is Mario Ledesma a hate figure for Mite now?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 2 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stirring up a fight in a bar with Mario? Didn't Mario take exception to ROG celebrating a last minute match winning drop goal? Mario and ROG are good friends now according to ROG's book, they had a drink and Mario called him a "good guy"

Is Mario Ledesma a hate figure for Mite now?[/b]

Wouldn't say so... as a matter of fact, the day before yesterday I watched a new show about Los Pumas' campaign in the RWC 1999, where as we all know, they sent Ireland back home in an incredible match. As the show went on, many of the current Pumas talked about the rivality between Ireland and Argentina -- Ledesma was among them, and said he doesn't get along with O'Gara... whatsoever. He said something like "I've had some bad moments with ROG and Donncha, but I've sorted them out, at least with Donncha. I still feel bad about ROG and will never cease doing so...". :huh:

This story is about a HEC game between Castres and Munster a few years back, afterwards Ledesma and the Munster players got along pretty well apparently.

Of course, plenty has happened between Ireland/Argentina and Munster/Clermont since then :p

I think it is as simple as, the Irish team and the Argentinian team just don't like each other, but I see no reason for Irish fans to hate Argentinian player or vice versa.

Anyway, who gives a f***, Munster by 364

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 2 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 2 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is Mario Ledesma a hate figure for Mite now?[/b]

Wouldn't say so... as a matter of fact, the day before yesterday I watched a new show about Los Pumas' campaign in the RWC 1999, where as we all know, they sent Ireland back home in an incredible match. As the show went on, many of the current Pumas talked about the rivality between Ireland and Argentina -- Ledesma was among them, and said he doesn't get along with O'Gara... whatsoever. He said something like "I've had some bad moments with ROG and Donncha, but I've sorted them out, at least with Donncha. I still feel bad about ROG and will never cease doing so...". :huh:
[/b][/quote]

It's one of the few undeniable facts of the world that can't be denied even by the 'Mighty Deny-er'....that Donnocha O'Callaghan is one of the nicest guys in the world.

It's fairly easy to deduce that ROG was acting the (F/M)agitm and Ledesma didn't like it and O'Callaghan continued his onfield duty of stopping ROG from getting his face smashed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 2 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's one of the few undeniable facts of the world that can't be denied even by the 'Mighty Deny-er'....that Donnocha O'Callaghan is one of the nicest guys in the world.

It's fairly easy to deduce that ROG was acting the (F/M)agitm and Ledesma didn't like it and O'Callaghan continued his onfield duty of stopping ROG from getting his face smashed.[/b]

Absolutely true. I attended Argentina vs Ireland (Pool D) in 2007 and after the game I saw O'Callaghan and Geordan Murphy signing some autographs for Argentine fans.

And I must acknowledge something: Mario Ledesma ain't no angel either. While he is not the kind of guy that would stir up a fight of any kind, I am sure he'd enjoy taking part in one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 2 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 2 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mario and ROG are good friends now according to ROG's book[/b]
Come on, how can you not see how funny that statement was!
[/b][/quote]

Yeah... du Preez's feet were on the pitch, according to ROG's book as well! :lol:

Latest posts