• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Life after Eddie …

Mind games with players and staff.
He upset a member of staff so got them some steak to take home for dinner with the wife. Eddie gives them a package of steak or what they think is steak to take home. Of course they get it homes it's something like sausages or bacon.....they then get a message from Eddie saying they are actually not good enough for steak and must do better...........he comes across as a bit of a t@at tbh.

Mind games with players and staff.
He upset a member of staff so got them some steak to take home for dinner with the wife. Eddie gives them a package of steak or what they think is steak to take home. Of course they get it homes it's something like sausages or bacon.....they then get a message from Eddie saying they are actually not good enough for steak and must do better...........he comes across as a bit of a t@at tbh.
Really? If true those sort of games are so pathetic and childish. It does fit in with the control freak rumours that have been going around for years and how everyone must know he is the big dog. I can certainly imagine 7 years of that would wear anyone out.

After reflecting on it some more, I would go as far as to say Eddie is killing my enjoyment of watching England play.

If someone like me with a lifelong devotion to the sport feels that way, casual fans must be completely uninterested.

Eddie needs to go. He did some good things along the way, but has completely tarnished all of that since 2019.

Can 'life after Eddie' start tomorrow please?

I'd love to sit down with him and get him to explain his team's strategy and tactics. I watched the Wallabies v England game at Optus stadium and England were awful. Like it was a completely different team and coach that beat the ABs at the World Cup. It's a shame, because England have the players to be able to be the best in the world. I don't know what goes through a coaches mind in these situations, surely they would be thinking, somethings not working, we need to try something different....

I'd love to sit down with him and get him to explain his team's strategy and tactics. I watched the Wallabies v England game at Optus stadium and England were awful. Like it was a completely different team and coach that beat the ABs at the World Cup. It's a shame, because England have the players to be able to be the best in the world. I don't know what goes through a coaches mind in these situations, surely they would be thinking, somethings not working, we need to try something different....
I have a standing offer of $300 to watch a training session. I just want to know what they do.

I wanna see the PowerPoint he shows the boys when he comes into camp as well.

To clarify: not as in I'd spend $300 for the privilege of etching an English training session but rather I think it'd be worth $300 of entertainment to watch an international team do nothing

Do you think that perhaps they are being over-coached? In the 22, you kick long, 22-half you box kick, from a ruck you go 2 left, one right etc etc Their ability to think for themselves, play instinctively etc has been taken away from them. I remember watching Scotland v Italy. Scotland kept on box kicking, Italy kept on running it back and scored a great try. Next time Scotland got the ball, another box kick, another Italian break and another try. If that was U15, you'd be abused by your team-mates and coach and then hauled off the pitch. These are elite rugby players making the same mistakes time and again. Surely a light-bulb would have gone off saying - these box kicks aren't working.. it really looked to me like they weren't thinking on the fly. It always make me chuckle when teams would kick to Israel Folau, like they were hoping he would drop it.....

Kind of. Everyone seems to think that he's a bit of a control freak so that would track with him wanting certain things in every phase of the game. My theory is that he really wants the team to play a certain way but it's a national team so they only have so much training. This is why he makes comments about not having time to gel together even though france has figured out how to have a couple run outs and beat everyone.

It will be interesting to see what players will like leak out when he leaves.

It will be interesting to see what players will like leak out when he leaves.
Won't it? No foundation but I have the vibe that Marler might have some lively thoughts to share. Especially after he picked up on Robertson's people skills with the Baa-Baas.

I think it's well known that Jones is a bully and his man-management is pathetic over an extended period of time. Yes England may have needed some tough love after 2015, but by now he should have a group of players that have bought into his philosophy and way of thinking. Instead all evidence still points to players following orders because if they don't they are dropped.

I'd be very surprised if the RFU sacked him now. He seems bullet proof and they would be reluctant to pay the required compensation. They aren't rugby people anymore
He should of gone after the last 6 nations. I just don't see them sacking him with less than 12 months before a w/c. Which is depressing.
Robertson seems to be just what we need. Someone who can lift morale and empathise with the younger players

Honestly I can see a situ where we go for Gatland just to take us through to the RWC if Robertson / O'Gara aren't av till after.

Or alternatively, just Cockerill on a temp basis that then inevitably becomes permenant.

Latest posts