• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Memorable Moments

J

-JJ-

Got a story to tell?

-Great try?
-Miracle comeback?
-Brilliant tour?

I'd like to hear it. Maybe others would too.

Post it here if you want.

Edit - I'll pin it for now, if nobody's interested after a couple of weeks it can slip away into the depths of dead threads.

A cold and bitter wind blew across the Highlander's pitch as my re-jigged Blues backline defended stoicly on my try-line - still five points adrift....

A pulsating tackle that broke three verterbrae in Paul Miller's back dislodges the ball and a ruck is formed just a metre off my line. Steve Devine flicks a pass out to Spencer who seems to have had a communication breakdown with his pivotal partner....the ball bounces towards the dead ball line and looks certain to go over and bring the curtain down on the first round of Super 12 with an uninspiring loss.

But...who is that...? Suddenly Ali Williams of all people comes into view....his rampaging frame scooping up the ball and pulling a double camel spin twist unleashing a reverse ball that soars over the ehads of attacking Highlanders loose forwards and inside backs and lands in the hands of McAllister who sets off with a jink and a dummy only to.....with a paniced slip of the thumb.....unleash a sideways chip kick that lands in Smoking Joe Rokocoko's hands and sets him free down the right. He steps in and out, in and out, as he approaches the fullback....dancing, bobbing and weaving like Orene Ai'i...a virtual jack-in-a-box....until the right leg is cocked and he steps in off the right foot with enough force to send mud into the eyes of a small impverished kindergarten girl sitting in the 83rd row....she screams......but Joe cannot hear - he is already thiry metres further downfield skipping the light fantastic on a one way ticket to trysville in a race of life and death....Ben Blair attempting to cut him off....closing....closing....the tryline beckoning me closer.....

huh?

"Los Lover, I think you were having a wet dream or something...are you alright"

<<shaking head.....rubbing eyes.......>>

Joe? Ben? Can you hear me Ben?

<

OK, now I wanna hear a real one..

C'mon JJ, a thread in here without 3 pages of spam just screams "spam me up" so it can fit in.

I recall the 2004 version of this thread. It pretty much turned into a "What HB buggered up" thread as all the moments were like, "I was playing with the NZ Maoris and Lote Tuqiri was the flanker" or "I scored a try from a kick and was awarded a scrum instead", etc.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 8 2005, 05:46 PM
A cold and bitter wind blew across the Highlander's pitch as my re-jigged Blues backline defended stoicly on my try-line - still five points adrift....

A pulsating tackle that broke three verterbrae in Paul Miller's back dislodges the ball and a ruck is formed just a metre off my line. Steve Devine flicks a pass out to Spencer who seems to have had a communication breakdown with his pivotal partner....the ball bounces towards the dead ball line and looks certain to go over and bring the curtain down on the first round of Super 12 with an uninspiring loss.

But...who is that...? Suddenly Ali Williams of all people comes into view....his rampaging frame scooping up the ball and pulling a double camel spin twist unleashing a reverse ball that soars over the ehads of attacking Highlanders loose forwards and inside backs and lands in the hands of McAllister who sets off with a jink and a dummy only to.....with a paniced slip of the thumb.....unleash a sideways chip kick that lands in Smoking Joe Rokocoko's hands and sets him free down the right. He steps in and out, in and out, as he approaches the fullback....dancing, bobbing and weaving like Orene Ai'i...a virtual jack-in-a-box....until the right leg is cocked and he steps in off the right foot with enough force to send mud into the eyes of a small impverished kindergarten girl sitting in the 83rd row....she screams......but Joe cannot hear - he is already thiry metres further downfield skipping the light fantastic on a one way ticket to trysville in a race of life and death....Ben Blair attempting to cut him off....closing....closing....the tryline beckoning me closer.....

huh?

"Los Lover, I think you were having a wet dream or something...are you alright"

<<shaking head.....rubbing eyes.......>>

Joe? Ben? Can you hear me Ben?

<

OK, now I wanna hear a real one..
THATS IT!........
<
that is 2minutes of my life i want back
<

GIVE IT BACK!

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Mar 8 2005, 06:54 PM
C'mon JJ, a thread in here without 3 pages of spam just screams "spam me up" so it can fit in.

I recall the 2004 version of this thread.
well if theres going to be one from 2004, im going back a few more years, back at the LEGENDARY JLR!!

i was playing againced my mate, i was pinned 5m from my line, so i punted the ball up feild, no fullback, wilson ran the whole feild to pick it up at there 5m line. Also i was playing againced samoa? and there fullback or wings name was "harder" so, there is a line of comentary. "[insert name here] down at the bottom" and so he got tackled and the comentator says "Harder down at the bottom"!!!

good times playing jlo rugby

Originally posted by JJ-@Mar 8 2005, 07:46 PM
What the? I was meaning a moment from Rugby 2005.
<
<
<

Hey sorry!...

It was a fantasy about me playing rugby 2005 ...

like, to inspire some emotion into the retelling of the real ones...

<

I know I got carried away - but can you see anyone pulling that out in 2**4? The pooh?

australlia vs england twickenham rugby 2005 demo 15 minute match

the match started of well for the aussies. combining several great phase plays,The english defence however remained strong. The deadlock was broke just after 15 minutes when giteau cut inside the gap and fed it to stepehn larkham who ploughed over the line. Giteau failed with the conversion. Throughout the first half,australia were penalised by england who with the aid of johny wilkinson gave england a 12 - 5 lead at half time. The second half started much the same as the first,however the aussies came at the english with much more venom. The gap was created by gregan and a looping ball met sailor who easily powered out of a jason robinson tackle and over and under the posts. Giteau converts. About five minutes later a long line out is caught by daved lyons he spirnts up the park breaking a few tackles,he passes it inside to larkham who takes the tackle, The ball is picked up by gregan who shifts it back to giteau,giteau hits the up and under and tuqiri chases onto it,he out jumps lewsey and lands five metres out again robinson just bounces of his man and tuqiri slides over. giteau misses.
Twenty or so minutes left and a few clever phases by england create a gap for greenwood to punish the aussies.wilkinson again is on target with the conversion.
Five minutes left and the aussies are clamped inside there twenty two,larkham gets the ball and hoofs it down feild,he misses touch and robinson ploughs down the field cutting inside larkham and twisting past giteau he turns and runs towards the corner flag going on the outside of tuqiri,lewsey then runs on the inside and robinson slips him the ball,he scores and so does wilkinson.
England have chance for one more attack,they line it up with steve thompson who bull dozes throguh three tackles he passes it too grewcock who steadies the ball and takes the tackle,England are outside the twenty two the ball is swung to wilkinson who lines up the drop goal,the ball leaves his feet and hits the hand of the advancing giteau,the ball is loose and is picked up by giteau,giteau runs up too the half way line where he is bought down by robinson,gregan then passes it too larkahm who kicks it into the stands.

final score
australlia 24
england 23

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 9 2005, 01:55 AM

the match started of well for the aussies. combining several great phase plays,The english defence however remained strong. The deadlock was broke just after 15 minutes when giteau cut inside the gap and fed it to stepehn larkham who ploughed over the line. Giteau failed with the conversion. Throughout the first half,australia were penalised by england who with the aid of johny wilkinson gave england a 12 - 5 lead at half time. The second half started much the same as the first,however the aussies came at the english with much more venom. The gap was created by gregan and a looping ball met sailor who easily powered out of a jason robinson tackle and over and under the posts. Giteau converts. About five minutes later a long line out is caught by daved lyons he spirnts up the park breaking a few tackles,he passes it inside to larkham who takes the tackle, The ball is picked up by gregan who shifts it back to giteau,giteau hits the up and under and tuqiri chases onto it,he out jumps lewsey and lands five metres out again robinson just bounces of his man and tuqiri slides over. giteau misses.
Twenty or so minutes left and a few clever phases by england create a gap for greenwood to punish the aussies.wilkinson again is on target with the conversion.
Five minutes left and the aussies are clamped inside there twenty two,larkham gets the ball and hoofs it down feild,he misses touch and robinson ploughs down the field cutting inside larkham and twisting past giteau he turns and runs towards the corner flag going on the outside of tuqiri,lewsey then runs on the inside and robinson slips him the ball,he scores and so does wilkinson.
England have chance for one more attack,they line it up with steve thompson who bull dozes throguh three tackles he passes it too grewcock who steadies the ball and takes the tackle,England are outside the twenty two the ball is swung to wilkinson who lines up the drop goal,the ball leaves his feet and hits the hand of the advancing giteau,the ball is loose and is picked up by giteau,giteau runs up too the half way line where he is bought down by robinson,gregan then passes it too larkahm who kicks it into the stands.

final score
australlia 24
england 23
Where you playing england or Aus?

just scored a memorable try,i was england against australlia and i had the ball inside my own twenty two i spread ball wide to lewsey,who slipped throught the tackle of tuqiri and mortlock,i then ran towards the full back and grubber it towards the corner,it was a foot race for the ball,and if you press the x button he litterally dive outstretched for the ball i pressed the x button and he got there,but it was extremely clos i didnt realise i had scored,but the replay proved conclusive.

Great!!! keep em coming man, i won't be getting the demo as it is NOT being release in SA!!
Do the players lose alot of speed when they handoff guys, by the sounds of it, you seem to be able to build up speed quick enough to get away from the cover...

yeah its good going england because lewsey is fast and powerful.so when you break the tackle you do build up speed.

Eng v Aus on the demo

The match started in the usual fashion, kicking all over the place and some nervy players. Flatley scored a penalty for Aus in the opening 20mins. After some great phase play England (me) were camped on their line. J. Harrison killed the ball and got yellow carded, Wilkinson scored a penalty to level the scores.

After some more great inter linking forward play, Australia were stretched outwide. Some good hands sent robinson in the corner, 10-3 England at half time.

The second half started awfully for the Aussies, Dunning knocking on from a restart set up another sweeping move. A miss move in the centre sent Robinson tearing down the wing. A great cover tackle by Latham could not prevent Hill crashing over in the corner. 17-3 to England. Game over- I thought!

A superb dummy sent Wilkinson straight through, he popped up to Rowntree on the wing, this couldnt be..... Sailor hauls him down inches from the line and turns him over aswell. With England all over the place Mortlock storms through a gaping hole in the midfield, he pops it inside to Smith who gives a great pass to Waugh on the wing. Waugh cuts back inside givng a huge miss pass to Larkham who chips ahead of Robinson. Australian players hoard forward, Robinson clears and tries to kick, it goes straight to Tiquiri (sorry for the spelling) who runs straight at Robinson. Just as he seems to be hauled down, he releases a fantastic ball to the supporting player-Matt Dunning! Dunning charges unopposed under the posts, game back on!

With pressure mounting, Steve Thompson throws an awful pass out wide to no one, Sailor picks up and scores in the corner. 17-17 with 10 minutes left.

Having reatained the ball my forwards pile on causing huge problems for Australia, Hill barrels on and on. A huge maul brings England within inches of the line. Back in the pocket........Wilkinson.......CHARGE DOWN!!!! The ball bounces all over the place, Mortlock picks up and has no one near him, Cueto chases back, a fantastic tackle. But Australia have huge numbers out wide, they are so close to the England line now. Out it comes, 4 on one! A miss pass to Sailor sends him into the corner with seconds to spare!

Final score Aus 22-17, I was devasted!

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 9 2005, 05:08 AM
Eng v Aus on the demo

The match started in the usual fashion, kicking all over the place and some nervy players. Flatley scored a penalty for Aus in the opening 20mins. After some great phase play England (me) were camped on their line. J. Harrison killed the ball and got yellow carded, Wilkinson scored a penalty to level the scores.

After some more great inter linking forward play, Australia were stretched outwide. Some good hands sent robinson in the corner, 10-3 England at half time.

The second half started awfully for the Aussies, Dunning knocking on from a restart set up another sweeping move. A miss move in the centre sent Robinson tearing down the wing. A great cover tackle by Latham could not prevent Hill crashing over in the corner. 17-3 to England. Game over- I thought!

A superb dummy sent Wilkinson straight through, he popped up to Rowntree on the wing, this couldnt be..... Sailor hauls him down inches from the line and turns him over aswell. With England all over the place Mortlock storms through a gaping hole in the midfield, he pops it inside to Smith who gives a great pass to Waugh on the wing. Waugh cuts back inside givng a huge miss pass to Larkham who chips ahead of Robinson. Australian players hoard forward, Robinson clears and tries to kick, it goes straight to Tiquiri (sorry for the spelling) who runs straight at Robinson. Just as he seems to be hauled down, he releases a fantastic ball to the supporting player-Matt Dunning! Dunning charges unopposed under the posts, game back on!

With pressure mounting, Steve Thompson throws an awful pass out wide to no one, Sailor picks up and scores in the corner. 17-17 with 10 minutes left.

Having reatained the ball my forwards pile on causing huge problems for Australia, Hill barrels on and on. A huge maul brings England within inches of the line. Back in the pocket........Wilkinson.......CHARGE DOWN!!!! The ball bounces all over the place, Mortlock picks up and has no one near him, Cueto chases back, a fantastic tackle. But Australia have huge numbers out wide, they are so close to the England line now. Out it comes, 4 on one! A miss pass to Sailor sends him into the corner with seconds to spare!

Final score Aus 22-17, I was devasted!
wow that sounds like a great game! How hard is the AI to you?

Some people are saying its really easy and can beat the opposition by 50 points others struggle to win.

Thnx

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 9 2005, 01:55 AM

final score
australlia 24
england 23
scores don't add up? england scored 2 converted tries since half time. it was 12 - 5 at half time 14 + 12 = 26

how did you get flatley to start sean,because i cant seem to be able to change the players.