Michael Cheika named new Wallabies head coach

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
WARATAHS coach Michael Cheika has been confirmed as the new Wallabies head coach at a press conference in Sydney.
Cheika will also coach the Super Rugby champions next season while leading the Wallabies towards the 2015 Rugby World Cup, but will only be in both roles for one year.
Cheika’s appointment comes less than four days after Ewen McKenzie announced the end of his tumultuous 15-month stint as coach in the wake of Australia’s last-minute 29-28 loss to New Zealand last weekend.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wal...-rugby-world-cup/story-e6frf55l-1227098373535

Last edited:
Cheika is the third coach during Pulver's reign. "I'm not happy I've had three but I'm happy with the one I have now," Pulver said.

Why would you say that??!! Don't you have enough problems on your plate already???

He does know they are people right? Really silly comment.

On the appointment, interested to see how this one goes. I have to say I am really disappointed for Link even more so with this announcement as I can already see Checks picking up some good wins and getting all the praise.

He does know they are people right? Really silly comment.

On the appointment, interested to see how this one goes. I have to say I am really disappointed for Link even more so with this announcement as I can already see Checks picking up some good wins and getting all the praise.

Maybe...

But there also might be a revolt from the non-Waratahs players if Cheika is making bad selection calls and favouring Tahs players over others...

Adds an interesting dynamic to the Ireland Australia match with the two coaches who've done the most for Leinster.

Should do well it seems to be a situation he's suited for.

Latest posts