• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MMA/UFC thread

iBqOqi8.jpg
Won't make a difference for casual fans who think Khaibib is a pussy for always bringing it to the ground.

Askren to the UFC. I was extremely happy. The hype he and woodley are building is a bit over the top but i kinda get it. He's phenomenal but a rather unknown fighter to non-hardcore fans.
Woodley saying GSP and Khabib not having a chance against him.

I dont think he's got a chance, but both fights should be fun nonetheless.

Askren to the UFC. I was extremely happy. The hype he and woodley are building is a bit over the top but i kinda get it. He's phenomenal but a rather unknown fighter to non-hardcore fans.
Woodley saying GSP and Khabib not having a chance against him.

I dont think he's got a chance, but both fights should be fun nonetheless.

Been a big Askren fan since he was at Bellator and looking forward to his 'funky' shenanigans but to trade Mighty Mouse for a fighter who was never going to fight for One FC again is just ludicrous.

Yeah, Mighty Mouse for askren is a ridiculous trade

Definitely interested to see how Askren goes. His last legit win was 6 years ago and even then it was against very green fighters who have become killers since.

As good as his wrestling is his stand up and ground and pound is embarrassingly bad. I think usman and covington beat him (and Woodley, though they've said they'd never fight each other).

Prime GSP handles him with ease, but GSP is old as **** so who knows these days.

Khabib at 165 would be very interesting.

So watching last nights fight night and dayum that Johnny Walker is a freak. Have a feeling he is gonna storm the LH division like Bones did about 10 years ago.

Aye, he's a monster!

Really impressive win from Ponzi...nibbio(?) too. Magny will never be a champ but he's a really good fighter and a great test for guys wanting to get up to a ***le shot, and Ponzi just dominated him until the brutal KO.

Seeing as it looks like Lawler is going to fight Askren instead of WB then they should make Ponzi vs Thompson next (or if till doesn't go to 185 then Ponzi vs Till would be fireworks too)

Aye, he's a monster!

Really impressive win from Ponzi...nibbio(?) too. Magny will never be a champ but he's a really good fighter and a great test for guys wanting to get up to a ***le shot, and Ponzi just dominated him until the brutal KO.

Seeing as it looks like Lawler is going to fight Askren instead of WB then they should make Ponzi vs Thompson next (or if till doesn't go to 185 then Ponzi vs Till would be fireworks too)

Spoiler warning dude!

Nah it's cool, I shouldn't have posted til I finished...

Damn, I thought you meant you watched it live!
Apologies

No worries, my bad.

No offence to Magny, he is a warrior but I have a feeling he wasn't 'actually' knocked out but was waiting for a way out. As by that point he had absolutely NO chance of winning and was just taking more damage to his left knee.

Yeah, the guys a warrior but there's only so much damage a person can take.
His corner should have stopped it tbh

Saturday morning UFC is the one! Could get used to not staying up until 6am, haha.

Really good card considering the relative lack of "name" value - lots of good scraps and the Chinese fighters really put on some good performances in front of the home crowd.

Thought the main event would go one of two ways: Wrestling masterclass or Brutal KO, and.....well!
Some saying it was an early stoppage but I thought it was good, he was done from the first knockdown, the ref just stopped his brain from getting turned into soup via his granite chin.

Saturday morning UFC is the one! Could get used to not staying up until 6am, haha.

Really good card considering the relative lack of "name" value - lots of good scraps and the Chinese fighters really put on some good performances in front of the home crowd.

Thought the main event would go one of two ways: Wrestling masterclass or Brutal KO, and.....well!
Some saying it was an early stoppage but I thought it was good, he was done from the first knockdown, the ref just stopped his brain from getting turned into soup via his granite chin.

Yeah I thought the stoppage was fine... Ngannou could've done with that ability to pull the trigger during his last two fights.

Nice to see the Reem get a decent win too.

Couldn't bring myself to watch Liddell vs Ortiz even for a laugh. After watching the finish I think I made the right call. It was sad enough watching Chuck looking stiff, slow, weak and exhausted in his workouts. Hell, if he looked even half as stiff in the cage as he did when he waddled onto the scales at the weigh in then it'll really show that he shouldn't have been in there. Can't believe this **** got sanctioned.

Ennit, saw the finish on social media and it was just depressing.

California Comission is supposed to be the most fighter safety focused one as well - always trying to make weight cuts safer, lots of concussion protocols and medicals etc
And then they allow this to happen. Genuinely embarassing.

Ennit, saw the finish on social media and it was just depressing.

California Comission is supposed to be the most fighter safety focused one as well - always trying to make weight cuts safer, lots of concussion protocols and medicals etc
And then they allow this to happen. Genuinely embarassing.

I take it ***o won from the comments?

Latest posts