• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MMA/UFC thread

Aye, I can't see him being too interested in fighting in Bellator, and I can't see the Japanese wanting someone who behaves in the way he does.

That's why the UFC has a lot more power than a lot of people seem to think... he's not realistically got anywhere else to go.
I guess he could try and do his own promotion, but... ya know... who's going to risk a UFC career to do that?
He could get one, maybe two, fights outside of the ufc before people lost interest.
Like he could probably get another payday in boxing but after getting pieced up by Pacman No one will tune in again.
He could go fight in bellator but they couldn't afford to pay him what he wants, And after he knocks out pitbull or Henderson or whoever everyone will just be like "oh he's fighting low league guys....who gives a ****"

You telling me this guy couldn't powerbomb Brock Lesnar through a table?
fdagra.gif

**** me,
Doctors have stopped Holloways weight cut and pulled him from the card,
They're trying to rush Anthony Pettis in but he stopped his weight cut after his fight with Chiesa was cancelled

Conor gonna end up in a leprechaun sized shallow grave in the woods in Chechnya at this rate

Best tweet I've seen on the situation
"NYPD sentence McGregor to 5 round with Khabib"

I know this is quite an unusual situation, but I think they're going to have to do something about relaxing the weight restrictions.

The fight will still go ahead if Pettis can get within 6lbs of the weight, outside of that and the commission won't sanction the fight. New York are the strictest commission in the states, they've fined fighters for sitting on top of the cage, pulled a female fighter from the card on the day of the fight because they found out she had boob implants (the only commission in the world that has an issue with it), stopped rashad evans fighting because he had a heart condition when he was a kid despite being medically cleared to fight by literally every other commission.

Just gotta hope Pettis didn't go wild last night with the food and drink - I have faith in him though, dude's old school he'll get his coaches to barricade him in a sauna if they have to

Edit: both Paul Felder and Al Iaquinta, who have already weighed in at 155, have said they'll fight khabib is Pettis can't make weight. Gangster.
These lads really showing Conor for the coward that he is, willing to step in on 24hrs notice to fight the most dominating lightweight the sport has ever seen.

He'll get a big fine, settle a bunch of lawsuits out of court, maybe even take a little break to rehab (I don't think he's a coke addict but it's an easy thing to do to appease the courts) and then be back fighting late this year/early next year.
Agree 100%.

What happened yesterday was deplorable and will have deserved consequences for McGregor in the short term. Lobov will be cut from the UFC. McGregor will get a big fine from UFC and a suspension for a few months once the police investigation concludes.

When the dust settles, Khabib v McGregor will be the biggest PPV in MMA history.

Agree 100%.

What happened yesterday was deplorable and will have deserved consequences for McGregor in the short term. Lobov will be cut from the UFC. McGregor will get a big fine from UFC and a suspension for a few months once the police investigation concludes.

When the dust settles, Khabib v McGregor will be the biggest PPV in MMA history.
He dubs are the cause of it all Snoop

On the broader scale since there no fight does that mean McGregor retains his ***le.

They should now have a handicap TLC at wrestlemania for ***le

Absolute **** show,
Pettis makes 155.2, so could fight but only Khabib would be eligible for the belt. Says he wants X amount of money to take the fight, UFC say they'll give him Y amount and Pettis declines.
They then say Felder will be the new fight....until the New York State Athletic Comission say they won't sanction it because Felder is unranked.
Absolute joke.
Holloway isn't ranked at LW, and neither was Conor when he fought for the belt at Madison Square Garden, but they didn't care about that.

So looks like somehow, after all of this, McGregor will still be the Lightweight Champion as they've not technically stripped him yet.#
Hopefully the UFC show some balls and strip McGregor and promote Ferguson to full champ (even though he is likely to be out for almost a year with his knee injury - the **** show continues!)

Absolute **** show,
Pettis makes 155.2, so could fight but only Khabib would be eligible for the belt. Says he wants X amount of money to take the fight, UFC say they'll give him Y amount and Pettis declines.
They then say Felder will be the new fight....until the New York State Athletic Comission say they won't sanction it because Felder is unranked.
Absolute joke.
Holloway isn't ranked at LW, and neither was Conor when he fought for the belt at Madison Square Garden, but they didn't care about that.

So looks like somehow, after all of this, McGregor will still be the Lightweight Champion as they've not technically stripped him yet.#
Hopefully the UFC show some balls and strip McGregor and promote Ferguson to full champ (even though he is likely to be out for almost a year with his knee injury - the **** show continues!)
Could you imagine people who paid a nice wedge to see it too. McGregor single handily ruined the card.
On Lobev. Can he be legally removed. He lawfully did nothing wrong (As in wasn't charged) and it seems all this was retaliation for a confrontation Tuesday.

The confrontation on Tuesday was absolutely nothing, there's videos of it. Khabib just confronted Artem over him badmouthing him in the press.

Depends how angry Dana is - they could easily just say he was part of the mob that did it, broke into the event etc.
There's not footage of him doing anything but guilty by association and all that, he's on borrowed time in the UFC as it is and is only there as a favour to McGregor.

Wow, the **** show keeps on running in new York
Holloway didn't get pulled by doctors he got pulled by a commissioner who said he looked too bad.
Max, his entire team, and the ufc doctors all said he was fine

The UFC went back and agreed a deal with Pettis only for the commission to then say that they wouldn't clear Pettis for a 5 round fight only a 3, despite 5 of Pettis' last 9 being 5 round fights.
Al Iaquinta weighed in at 155.2lbs wearing shorts, after he heard Holloway was out he wanted to weigh in shirtless to make championship weight to be eligible to compete for the belt but the commission wouldn't let him, even though it was within the two hour grace period (if you miss weight you get 2hrs to try again)

Ceremonial weigh ins are in a couple of hours and we still don't know what's happening with the main card.

Is there any particular reason why NY is so officious?
They hate MMA, genuinely.
It was banned in New York until late 2016, the ufc had to fight tooth and nail up to and including the senate level to get it legalised, and the athletic commission is run by crusty old boxing guys who know nothing of the sport.
Every single UFC card that's been in New York state has had something where you just go "....really?!"

If Madison square garden wasn't such a legendary arena I don't think the ufc would ever go back to the state

Raging Al confirmed as Khabibs opponent
If Khabib wins he wins the belt, if Al does be doesn't due to being .2 over the limit

Of the fighters in the card Al is the best option to be fair, has the best wrestling and BJJ of the lot and decent stand-up.

Kind of hilarious, though, considering the issues he's had with them in the past (got drunk and smashed up a hotel room, told them he was too ill to attend a media day and then posted photos of himself on holiday on social media, refused to fight for ages because he hates Dana white and was just slagging him off constantly haha)

I'm just mind blown by the way Tony Ferguson has been treated. He's lost on every possible front.

He got injured (accident, not his fault) while promoting the fight.
He gets stripped of belt. This might be quite newsworthy but McG stole the spotlight from him.

Think about it: McG hasn't fought for over a year and the UFC is still hesitant to take away the belt from him. Ferguson gets injured while promoting a fight and his belt is gone, no questions asked.

I wish combat sports had a well defined and transparent mechanism to decide who fights for the ***tle.

Zabit vs Bochniak has made up for all the shenanigans this week, absolute war

KK vs Felice was better than expected as well

Some fucky cards in the SW ***le fight, thought it was 2-2 going into the 5th, which rose snuck at the end. 3 x 49-46 is crazy

Really weird LW fight, complete ground dominance for the first two rounds and then Khabib decides to just stand and bang for the rest of the fight. Tore up Als face with jabs bit Al landed some strikes, then 1min before the end he took him down again and dominated again.
Khabib won every moment of the fight (115 vs 23 significant strikes) but not a good performance. Even his corner were shouting at him to stop him standing and trading. 50-43'd a ranked light weight while treating it like a sparring session. Insane.

Last edited:
Did you see Meatball get choked TF out?

She looked poor in Cage Warriors, but was just fighting terrible opposition. She's got decent boxing but literally zero ground game, which is crazy as Next Gen is mostly known for BJJ.
If they wanted another Scouser on the card, who would actually belong in the UFC, then they should have brought Fishgold in for this card, instead of signing him yesterday for a card in a few months.

Tom Breese murked Dan Kelly as well - Birmingham reppin'
Birmingham is the hotbed of MMA in the country atm, nowhere else comes close.

Really enjoyed the Till/WB fight. Don't quite understand the hate about it.

It was close, I'm not well versed enough to know who should have won - but it was obviously very close.

Latest posts