• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MMA/UFC thread

Ngannou can't be in the pack, looking at his wrestling he couldn't tackle anyone!

On the MW division, Gastellum can be a champion. But as you said he's a ww that just likes tiramisu too much. But his angles and striking make him dangerous with anyone.

Romero is the guy for Whittaker, he may have beat him with a busted knee but I think he could still beat him. Romero is still so dangerous and aggressive. Will they try it in Oz again?

If Whittaker's knee is still screwed for a lot longer then I'd make Souza v Romero. Don't know if they've fought recently but I'd like to see it.

Also McGregor saying he'd fight Edgar...SHUT THE **** UP YOU'D DO NUTHIN

Romero is the guy for Whittaker, he may have beat him with a busted knee but I think he could still beat him. Romero is still so dangerous and aggressive. Will they try it in Oz again?

Also McGregor saying he'd fight Edgar...SHUT THE **** UP YOU'D DO NUTHIN

Apparently Whittaker is saying he wants the fight in Florida, which I imagine the UFC would be more than happy with (the PPV in Aus, while a great watch, flopped in terms of numbers of buys). Think it's a great fight either way - Romero is so wild to watch. He can just explode out of nowhere and absolutely murder people.

Hilarious how McGregor cried so much about Nate being bigger than him and then says he'll only fight Edgar for a 165lb belt - 20lbs above Frankie's division.

He'd never get past a USADA test to be fair.

Put him against someone like Ngannou and that'd be a banger, boxers tend to do well in kickboxing
Put him against anyone with anyone with any grappling and he'd be ******. Apparently he wants to fight Jon Jones. JJ would absolutely son him.

I'm praying it's just a really elaborate April fools prank but multiple reporters, The official ufc accounts and even Khabibs agent are all saying Ferguson is injured and out of the fight,
New ***le fight is Max Holloway vs Khabib.
As much as that is a hell of a fight I'm really really hoping this is a prank.

I can't imagine Khabib playing along with it though, he's too serious. Plus Dana White and Aerial Helwani hate each other so don't see them working together on this

Can you imagine that conversation?

UFC: Hi Max, listen, we got a problem and we need a favour, kinda of a big one.
MH: shoot.
UFC: well, a fighter just got injured and we'd like you to step in
MH: no problem. When and where.
UFC: That's the thing. It's kinda of a short notice thing. You've got 6 days
MH: Should be tight but doable.
UFC: well, that's not all i'm afraid. Your opponent is 25-0.
MH: That's ok, i like a challenge
UFC: and you'd be fighting at 155
MH: I think that should be ok
UFC: you'll be fighting khabib
MH: ....

Coming off a recent injury which won't be fully healed as well.
I live Holloway, he's a straight up warrior.
I hope Khabib just takes him down and submits him early, sucks he'll take an L but I don't wanna see him take any damage.

It does (hopefully) set up a good rematch down the line though. A fully fit and bulked up Holloway vs Khabib is a hell of a fight,
Holloway has good stand up and has overtaken Aldo as having the best take down defence in featherweight division (defended 27/27 in his last however many fights).
6 days notice, partly injured, out of camp and outweighed* in the ring isn't a good recipe though

*they'll probably be similar weight in there, maybe Khabib a few lbs heavier, but Khabibs is all muscle whereas Holloway is carrying a bit of time-off weight

Bye bye Conor McGregor.
His media company (in town for his teammates fight) let him and his dingleberry mates into the event today, They all went down to the loading dock to try and start a fight with Khabib (good luck with that, Khabibs Dagestani and chenyan mob would literally kill conors lot),
Khabib was already on the coach so they started throwing chairs, bins etc at the coaches, there's tons if video from fighters on the buses going around
They broke a window and Michael chiesa got a face full of broken glass and is in hospital
Rose Namajunas, who is arguably the smallest fighter in the ufc, almost caught a steel bin to the face, freaked out and left (so now Conor will have ex heavyweight kickboxer and current rose namajunas fiance Pat Barry after him),
One of the ufc employees got a broken hand trying to stop them as well

There's a warrant out for conors arrest and his private plane has been grounded at the airport
Artem lobov has been pulled from the card (he was in the entourage)
Mac life have had their credentials torn up and Dana white is pressing charges on them

All because
A) Conor is getting another belt stripped
B) Artem was talking mad **** about Khabib and said he's a pussy and a coward, And that he'd slap him if he was him. Then Khabib saw him and confronted him, and Artem denied the whole lot and get a (light) slap for it.

I don't think Conor and this boys realise that it's all well and good chatting **** to an opponent when you're going to fight, But don't go picking fights with Dagestani mountain clans who will stab you for disrespecting their name.

I mean... he's really ****** now. What he's done is basically attempted assault.

Who in their right minds is going to want to have anything to do with him?

He's acting like he's part of the Attitude Era WWF... he's not ******* Cactus Jack...

The bad thing is that the UFC won't punish him. He's too valuable to them to a) cut and b) allow a competitor to sign.

Best case scenario is him getting charged with whatever they can charge him with so he can't get a US visa anymore. Good luck getting big pay days when you can't fight on PPVs anymore

Lads it was all a publicity stunt. No doubt what the big comeback fight will be and what records it will break.

Oh absolutely, there'll be a whole raft of them
The arena, the security, the guy who got injured, the bus driver, Chiesa (even more so if he's not cleared to fight because of his cuts), Pettis (Chiesas opponent),
Lobovs opponent probably as well.

A worthwhile trip

Lads it was all a publicity stunt. No doubt what the big comeback fight will be and what records it will break.
Go watch the videos, it isn't

Oh absolutely, there'll be a whole raft of them
The arena, the security, the guy who got injured, the bus driver, Chiesa (even more so if he's not cleared to fight because of his cuts), Pettis (Chiesas opponent),
Lobovs opponent probably as well.

A worthwhile trip

Go watch the videos, it isn't
Oh I seen them and like ok I know it went OTT. But guarantee it will end up like I said. It's a money maker for all. I'm not condoning McGregor. Big fan of his training less so of the ego he has become. But any lawsuit against anyone will be settled away from courts and we all know where this will go

I'm not sure, MMA has come a long way since the 90's, but the UFC needs to be careful with it's image.

He's stepped over a line. It's one thing playing the heel, it's a completely different thing actually being one...

"This is big history gangster place. Brooklyn. You want to talk to me? Send me location. We have to talk? I am gonna come, no problem.

"I grew up like this. I don't grow up throwing chairs at window. This is not my bus."

"To be honest, I don't want him to go to jail," Nurmagomedov said. "We have to fight. If we have to fight, let's fight. Send me location. Please, we have to fix this. Me and you. One-on-one. You want 10-on-10? OK."

I <3 Khabib

I'm not sure, MMA has come a long way since the 90's, but the UFC needs to be careful with it's image.

He's stepped over a line. It's one thing playing the heel, it's a completely different thing actually being one...
Oh it is and again don't condone it. The man has been acting the scumbag the last 12 months with a lot of talk and no action.
But UFC need him and he needs them. It like 2 addicts need each other.
Add in Khabib wants McGregor bad and well will get huge payday too.

The UFC won't care as long as there a lot of cash to be made.
Can see it now UFC in July or August

I'm not suggesting you do condone it, I think you're underestimating how badly this is going to be taken by the UFC elite.
The UFC don't need him. Sure, he can bring in a lot of cash for them, but they definitely do not need him.
And if they can't control him, not only do they not need him, they wont want him. Throwing bottles is one thing... doing **** that verges on criminal and requires his private plane to be grounded....

This has the potential to seriously disturb a UFC co-main event and other fights on the card. Not to mention the professional image the sport has been striving to establish for 20 years.

It all depends on NYPD do. Any other part of the country and I think he'd be screwed. Police departments have made an effort to appear anti-police.

UFC vice president was hospitalised in the fracas (it's unclear whether he was the guy who broke his hand or whether he's just cut from the glass) so it's gonna be serious.
New York athletic commission are likely to ban McGregor from ever competing in the state again, they've already had a minor press release saying his behaviour was unacceptable.

UFC has their first ever Russia card on September 23rd, it's presumed that they're aiming to have Khabib vs Conor there.
After this, who knows. If New York do ban McGregor then it's likely all other commissions will do they same (They usually all uphold each other's bans)

Latest posts