• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Montauban

Very very disappointing from Munster. They'll need to win and win big against Clermont and Sale if they hope to regain momentum and confidence which surely now has taken a bit of a battering tonight.

Considering that the entire Mantauban performance was powered by that plucky scrum-half, I think the man of the match award was well deserved!

Well O'Connell drove the Munster performance and was by far the class act on the pitch.

Well done Montauban :bravo: Definitely deserved the Bonus point.

Munster were f***ing shocking but it wouldn't be Munster if we weren't under pressure already would it?

I'm mostly looking forward to next weekend, but dreading it a little bit too, the beauty of the HEC!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 10 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well done Montauban :bravo: Definitely deserved the Bonus point.

Munster were f***ing shocking but it wouldn't be Munster if we weren't under pressure already would it?

I'm mostly looking forward to next weekend, but dreading it a little bit too, the beauty of the HEC![/b]

yeah but you can be sure it'll be a different beast that takes to the park next Sunday

Didn't we say the same about Wasps and their abortive HEC campaign last season?

Don't want to tempt faith but Munster really do need to shift into gear and get the show on the road...

If that's the way events will unfold, Sale should be stuffed next week.... NO! AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! :angry:

I know that, but I'm nervous before all HEC games, except for like the Munster team the match tonight and it nearly cost us. Still tip us to beat Sale though, should be a similar game to tonight's, if we keep our discipline and more clinical we should win.

I wouldnt want to be Sale next week.They will get everything thrown @ them.Mc Gahan however has done something that Munster rugby has not seen before.He has ben cocky/over confident with Munster by stating in the media he wants 5 points.Kidney would never have done this.It is okay to say it behind closed doors but not in the public.From the first minute tonight they were going for the bonus point rather than trying to win the match first.Not a wise approach by Tony

There was nothing lucky about that.They needed a penalty in the last 2 minutes and they got it with great play.It was just a bad performance

Wrong, they got that penalty because of poor Montauban play. But believe whatever you wanna believe buddy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 10 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There was nothing lucky about that.They needed a penalty in the last 2 minutes and they got it with great play.It was just a bad performance[/b]

Yeah, you keep believing that.

Munster have a lot of thinking to do from #6 to #9. Still shy of a great euro team like Toulouse or Wasps.

Fair dues to Montaub - that try creating knock on sur la tete was pure genius.

Sir Speedy, your card is marked Gwlad style.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 10 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 10 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was nothing lucky about that.They needed a penalty in the last 2 minutes and they got it with great play.It was just a bad performance[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Rugby is about taking your chances.Montauban could not do that and Munster could.That is how you win a rugby match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 11 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 10 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 10 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Rugby is about taking your chances.Montauban could not do that and Munster could.That is how you win a rugby match.
[/b][/quote]
Sure, you win a rugby match by squandering as many oppurtunities as possible. I gotcha. ;)

Latest posts