• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Scarlets

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 24 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As for the comment on Jones... Meh. If the 6N wasn't enough to convince you that Jones is a better fly half then nothing ever will.[/b]

I prefer Jones aswell really, I just meant that if this has any bearing at all on the outcome of RoG vs Jones then Rogs done himself a favour. Im not sure it will though, Jones didnt get mmuch of a shout really but RoG did play damn well.

And lets hope Tomas gets sorted in time, gutted for the poor lad.

Yeh, gotta feel for the bloke. There was no real need for him to be playing either, Stringer's easily good enough against this out of form Scarlets side.

The scarlets need something to change their fortunes, alot of their poor displays is more a lack of confidence than lack of quality. Their missing Regan King, but he doesn't exactly shure up their appalling defense, he just helps in attack! The more I see of Roberts, the more I don't think he's up to the task at scrum half. They need a propper openside (pitty Braid got injured), Easterby's also past it imo. Their second rows are also mediocre at best. Lyons is also the wrong type of no8 for them, they need a more direct player like Rush to make the hard yards and take some pressure off Stephen Jones who's having to act like a crash centre aswell as a fly half!

Their backs aren't terrible, but they aren't all round players. Stoddard for example, awesome in attack, terrible in defense. Young Jonathan Davies also needs to improve his defensive work. Out wide, Mark Jones isn't even in the games I've seen

Injuries have blighted their season, and I don't think that whoever's in charge have made the right choice on the players they've bought. Who's gonna want to sighn for the scarlets at the moment, when their terminating contracts all over the place! The clubs in a mess, and it's gonna take a while before it can dig itself out. But to start, they need to work on defense, defense, defense! If they can stop leaking 30-40 points a match, maybe they can start sneaking a few more!

aside from tomás' injury it was an odd enough game. Was very stop start in the second half and despite getting a bonus point i don' think munster will be that happy with their performance. Defensively solid but made alot of unforce errors in attack as though they were trying to force it. That said, earls, howlett and mafi looked dangerous whenever they got the ball. Still think we can beat them next week but their ability to really push on in games has improved no end this season and it's a big ask.

Latest posts