• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Natwest 6 Nations] Round 3 : Scotland Vs England 24/02/2018 16:45

#notruescotsman

I'm sure the media will find someone and if all else fails Telfer won't be able to help himself.

I heard that the Murrayfield IT guy has been told to reduce the font size on the big screen in order to insert the letters 'DIS' before 'RESPECT THE KICKER' :D On a serious note I do wish the crowd would be more sporting in that regard.

I'm sure the media will find someone and if all else fails Telfer won't be able to help himself.

I heard that the Murrayfield IT guy has been told to reduce the font size on the big screen in order to insert the letters 'DIS' before 'RESPECT THE KICKER' :D On a serious note I do wish the crowd would be more sporting in that regard.

Never going to happen. I find it surprising that Twickenham always seems to get a bad rep, but is one of few grounds that doensn't boo the opposition kicker.

My team for Sat
Mako
Hartley
Cole
Launchbury
Itojo
Lawes
Underhill
Hughes
Care
Ford
May
Farrell
Jj
Watson
Brown
But I can see robshaw start

I think it was last time we went to Murrayfield (or maybe the time before) where they didn't even show an English flag on the field, just 2 Scottish flags. They did that for no other team. Also had the anthem booed, booed when we ran onto the pitch and the kicker booed. Quite sad really.

I think it was last time we went to Murrayfield (or maybe the time before) where they didn't even show an English flag on the field, just 2 Scottish flags. They did that for no other team. Also had the anthem booed, booed when we ran onto the pitch and the kicker booed. Quite sad really.

Time before, the 20-0 drubbing ;)

Maybe if they spent a little more effort on the rugby and not being petty they wouldn't be so crap at it
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah wait 2015 was Hogg, 2016 was Maitland saying he was brought up to hate the English. Honestly can you imagine the response if English players said half the crap that we get fired at us?

I hope the "mind games" don't become the only story in the build up.

I want to talk about what Finn Russell can do to get his girl back, and how important it is to Scotland's chances. Also who will play 9

Can England's attack look like it did against Italy again, and can Scotland cope.

Will England pick a decent back row and will they ever look better than mediocre at the breakdown.

At the risk of ranting I'm so sick of the sports media being full of crap articles about boring things boring people said rather than the interesting aspects of the game.

It'll be interesting to see who plays 9 and 12 for Scotland. I have a feeling he'll go with Price despite his poor start to the campaign with Laidlaw coming off the bench for any pressure kicks/game management (assuming it's still a contest) towards the end. Townsend will be mindful of the damage JJ did last year and will be aware that a better defensive display will be needed in midfield. Huw Jones has to start at 13 but I'm not convinced we have a solid defensive option at 12 in Horne and Matt Scott. Hopefully Hamish Watson and Barclay will get some joy at the breakdown. Scotland still have issues in the front row although hopefully Nel and/or Fagerson will come into contention. I suspect England forward dominance will provide the platform to see them home again just like two years ago.

I think Scotland's 10 problem is as big as their front row one at the moment. When Russel is on top form he's great but he's been rather poor the first two games but Townsend doesn't seem to trust anyone else there, at some point they are surely going to give someone else a go? what if he get's injured?

I think Scotland's 10 problem is as big as their front row one at the moment. When Russel is on top form he's great but he's been rather poor the first two games but Townsend doesn't seem to trust anyone else there, at some point they are surely going to give someone else a go? what if he get's injured?

Horne would most likely play 10 if Russell gets injured but I'd be surprised if he gets dropped this weekend, even with his poor form in the first two games.

I hope the "mind games" don't become the only story in the build up.

I want to talk about what Finn Russell can do to get his girl back, and how important it is to Scotland's chances. Also who will play 9

Can England's attack look like it did against Italy again, and can Scotland cope.

Will England pick a decent back row and will they ever look better than mediocre at the breakdown.

At the risk of ranting I'm so sick of the sports media being full of crap articles about boring things boring people said rather than the interesting aspects of the game.

I genuinely believe that the journalism is extremely poor when talking about rugby because the people hired to talk about it are either trying to make themselves relevant so say outlandish things or have no idea what they are on about ! I think Chris Foy is my favourite out of the lot tbh . Sometimes TRP can be the worst out of the lot !!!

Calling this as the squad for England, don't think it should be, but feel it will be :
1. Mako
2. Hartley
3.cole
4. Itoje
5. Launchbury
6.Lawes
7. Robshaw
8. Hughes
9. Care
10. Ford
11. May
12. Faz
13. JJ
14. Watson
15. Brown
16. George
17. Marler
18. Williams
19 kruis
20 Haskell
21 Wigglesworth
22 teo
23 nowell

I genuinely believe that the journalism is extremely poor when talking about rugby because the people hired to talk about it are either trying to make themselves relevant so say outlandish things or have no idea what they are on about ! I think Chris Foy is my favourite out of the lot tbh . Sometimes TRP can be the worst out of the lot !!!

I'd add getting none Rugby people to write. Like Oliver Holt or Paul Heyward. Just people who clearly no nothing and at most just watch the occational Rugby international England game.

I'd add getting none Rugby people to write. Like Oliver Holt or Paul Heyward. Just people who clearly no nothing and at most just watch the occational Rugby international England game.

Or just outright have a chip on their shoulder such as Mr Fordyce on the BBC page who can't get through a story about England without throwing in a snide remark or backhand compliment.

Scotland team: Hogg, Seymour, Jones, Horne, Maitland, Russell, Laidlaw; Reid, McInally, Berghan, Gilchrist, J Gray, Barclay, Watson, Wilson.

Replacements: Lawson, Bhatti, Nel, Swinson, Denton, Price, Grigg, Kinghorn.

Scotland team: Hogg, Seymour, Jones, Horne, Maitland, Russell, Laidlaw; Reid, McInally, Berghan, Gilchrist, J Gray, Barclay, Watson, Wilson.

Replacements: Lawson, Bhatti, Nel, Swinson, Denton, Price, Grigg, Kinghorn.

Maybe the front row earnt their place after not getting trounced by the traditionally strong French last week? I'll be impressed if that trio don't concede a fair few penalties and manage to make an impact in open play.

Laidlaws bizzare Jedi like ability to illicit penalty decisions from refs isn't enough here. Tries are required but I don't think will be forthcoming. Matt Scott not even in the 23 does not fill me with confidence either so...

England by 17

Latest posts