• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for 08/09

<div class='quotemain'> Good timing Cymro, here's the new, new Blues kit:

http://www.cardiffblues.com/33_3708.php

eads_shirt_300_x_350.JPG

Quite nice, I think... [/b]

Does look really nice in that shot, can pre-order it from the Blues site as of tomorrow!

Isn't EADS Toulouse's sponsor as well? [/b]

Yep your right there!
[/b][/quote]

Looks pretty fine to me

Anyone seen <strike>Barf's</strike> Bath's new kit?

*vomits*
[/b]

I don't quite see your point. It's a very old school kit and ties in with Bath's traditional design. Were I a Bath supporter I think I'd be very happy to see the return of the hoops.

<div class='quotemain'> Anyone seen <strike>Barf's</strike> Bath's new kit?

*vomits*
[/b]

I don't quite see your point. It's a very old school kit and ties in with Bath's traditional design. Were I a Bath supporter I think I'd be very happy to see the return of the hoops.
[/b][/quote]
Lets just say I'm happy I'm not a Bath supporter...

I like the new Bath kit. Proper collar as well.... actually looks like a rugby shirt!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Anyone seen <strike>Barf's</strike> Bath's new kit?

*vomits*
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Lets just say I'm happy I'm not a Bath supporter... [/b][/quote]
There's these new-fangled things called 'images'. Dunno if any of you have heard of 'em? :p
3744.jpg

A proper proper rugby jersey that.
Might even get one, who knows?

There's these new-fangled things called 'images'. Dunno if any of you have heard of 'em? :p
3744.jpg

A proper proper rugby jersey that.
Might even get one, who knows?
[/b]
Im...ah....jiz? ....
I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's pretty boring and ugly then. <_<

I quite like it. My flatmate is a Bristol supporter so might get her one for Christmas. ;) ;)

Christ, the O's new shirt is horrendous! That celtic pattern just looks stupid, then they go and make the players version skin tight and shiny black. Maybe their going for the 'score whilst the other team is laughing technique'.

On a side note, don't any of you dislike walking around as a human advertising board? I own one rugby shirt, Wales' from 07 I think, and only wear it when I'm watching Wales play (sometimes). The advertising makes most shirts so ugly, e.g. the new Dragons top looks quite good untill you get to the monstrosity of the Motorpoint logo! The O's previous shirts have been pretty shitty in that respect with ASDA logos etc. covering every square inch of the shirt, not my cup of tea atall!

Well the only rugby shirt I have that has some advertissment on it is the SA of the Boks.
For the rest I've one polo shirt of the chiefs with the Ford logo on the sleeve ( but that's just really small)
Most advertissment is for te sportingbrand itself like: Canterbury, Union, Adidas and Kooga.

Yesterday I orderd the Official Chief Yersey with on the Chest the Big Ford logo, don't really mind tbh, as I use most of those shirts for sport anyway.

Christ, the O's new shirt is horrendous! That celtic pattern just looks stupid, then they go and make the players version skin tight and shiny black. Maybe their going for the 'score whilst the other team is laughing technique'.

On a side note, don't any of you dislike walking around as a human advertising board? I own one rugby shirt, Wales' from 07 I think, and only wear it when I'm watching Wales play (sometimes). The advertising makes most shirts so ugly, e.g. the new Dragons top looks quite good untill you get to the monstrosity of the Motorpoint logo! The O's previous shirts have been pretty shitty in that respect with ASDA logos etc. covering every square inch of the shirt, not my cup of tea atall!
[/b]

If any of you are interested to see what these look like in the world of computer games, take a look at the rugby 08 mods section of TRF. Old kits and new kits from all over the world added to computer games!

Braw!

I now officially hate Canterbury. Half of the Heineken Cup will have the Canterbury kit..

I kind of like the canterbury design, except the collar. I wish Canada would get a new kit .
RCC%200251.jpg
Ours is pretty boring

I like the CCC kits, don't get me wrong.. but it's exactly the same as in soccer with the plain puma shirts.

The CCC is just everywhere, from Cardiff to Clermont. There is no originality to most of those CCC kits, just clashes of colours that make your eyes hurt and stacks of sponsor logos which utterly spoil any look it might have. There is just too much going on on the shirt colours and logos wise to take it in.

Bring back some classic hoops!

fortunatly CCC saw that leinster really deserved their own kit design :bana: :bana:

Too many teams use the Canterbury of New Zealand 'International Sublimate Test Jersey' now. At first I loved that style, but some teams just look plain awful in them. Here are some new French team jerseys below. Dax's new home jersey is the same as the previous season and Perpignan have switched over from Puma, which I think is a good choice because the Canterbury style looks good for them. Bayonne's new home jersey is also hot.

Bayonne home

bayonne1er0.jpg
bayonne2ca2.jpg

Castres home

castres1rd9.jpg
castres2vx9.jpg

Clermont alternate

clermont1vf6.jpg
clermont2jg1.jpg

Dax home

dax1ul3.jpg
dax2wi2.jpg

Perpignan home

perpignan1ga9.jpg
perpignan2wu8.jpg

I like the new collar on the Canadian Shirt. As for CCC, I just wish that you could include hoops into the shirt design as most of the new kits look the same.

Latest posts