• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand vs England

i hope donald gets a run for the all blacks... i thought he might come on towards the end of the ireland game, but henry didn't make the change. surely you want to give him a bit of experience on the field prior to the trinations... what happens if carter is injured.. donald goes straight into the deep end. [/b]

I'm sure Donald would have got a run in the last 10 minutes if the game wasn't so close - he will get a run in one of these next two games heading into the tri-nations (hopefully after the AB's have established a big lead....)

i hope donald gets a run for the all blacks... i thought he might come on towards the end of the ireland game, but henry didn't make the change. surely you want to give him a bit of experience on the field prior to the trinations... what happens if carter is injured.. donald goes straight into the deep end. [/b]

Rather have Panadol at Fly Half again than see Donald start an important test - even if we don't have McAlister bail us out again from McDonalds inablity to kick it over a halfbacks head.

<div class='quotemain'> i hope donald gets a run for the all blacks... i thought he might come on towards the end of the ireland game, but henry didn't make the change. surely you want to give him a bit of experience on the field prior to the trinations... what happens if carter is injured.. donald goes straight into the deep end. [/b]

Rather have Panadol at Fly Half again than see Donald start an important test - even if we don't have McAlister bail us out again from McDonalds inablity to kick it over a halfbacks head. [/b][/quote]

good ol twinkle toes mcdonald makes me cringe though when he takes place kicks... i can't bear to watch him run up like that

All Blacks Team for the weekend:

1. Neemia Tialata
2. Andrew Hore
3. Greg Somerville
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Willliams
6. Rodney So’oialo
7. Richie McCaw ©
8. Jerome Kaino
9. Andy Ellis
10. Dan Carter
11. Sitiveni Sivivatu
12. Ma’a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Anthony Tuitavake
15. Mils Muliaina

Reserves:

16. Keven Mealamu
17. John Schwalger
18. Anthony Boric
19. Sione Lauaki
20. Jimmy Cowan
21. Stephen Donald
22. Leon MacDonald

So only the one change in the starting lineup with Sommerville in for the injured Afoa, while Lauaki replaces Thomson on the bench.... really good to see basically the same team selected 2 weeks in a row for the AB's :bravo:

Pretty decent team, once they get firing it should be pretty immense...pretty dissappointed Kieren Read ain't on the bench, as we share the same last name we are obviously related. ;)

Pretty decent team, once they get firing it should be pretty immense...pretty dissappointed Kieren Read ain't on the bench, as we share the same last name we are obviously related. ;)

[/b]

Haha...you are hoping he makes it big so that when you play the next Rugby Game you will hear

"Read scores!"

Huh? I thought Read wasn't even selected in this squad. Was he brought in as a replacement for Afoa???....

Huh? I thought Read wasn't even selected in this squad. Was he brought in as a replacement for Afoa???....
[/b]
No...he isn't in the squad, that's the point...

I still don't think so'oialo is a no6 and he should be playing 8 instead.

anyway some interesting quotes from henry
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1316907/1840099

"This is our best side right now," said All Blacks coach Graham Henry, "and we should benefit from another week of training together. It'll take a bit of time to establish this team and we need to take another couple of steps forward this weekend.

"We'll have to be a bit sharper if we are to defeat England. They have some very experienced internationals plus some new players coming through who might not be well-known in New Zealand, but will be a real challenge on Saturday night."

McD a better 10 than Donald... goes without saying..Donald has to be the worst AB 10 ever.
Wonder if this will be the game where Nonu has a brain (or whatever is inside his head) explosion? Gonna happen sooner or later.
This mid-field ain't gonna last!!!!!!!!

McD a better 10 than Donald... goes without saying..Donald has to be the worst AB 10 ever.
[/b]

Wait Donald's been a AB before? wait McD is a better 10 than Donald?
Im confused

I still don't think so'oialo is a no6 and he should be playing 8 instead. [/b]

Yes...Kaino should go on the flank. The Irish scored because Soioalo didn't organise that blindside defence properly.

<div class='quotemain'> I still don't think so'oialo is a no6 and he should be playing 8 instead. [/b]

Yes...Kaino should go on the flank. The Irish scored because Soioalo didn't organise that blindside defence properly.

[/b][/quote]

yeah i agree too and replace Hore with mealamu

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> I still don't think so'oialo is a no6 and he should be playing 8 instead. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

yeah i agree too and replace Hore with mealamu
[/b][/quote]

Yeah true...Hore was the one who lost the ball forward in that last play against the French...we should never forgive him :lol:

Hore was the best hooker by far in the Super 14 for the Kiwi teams,he was on fire, I don't see why he would be dropped...

Hopefully it will be a dry track on the weekend.... would like to see how the new wingers go :)

Hore was the best hooker by far in the Super 14 for the Kiwi teams,he was on fire, I don't see why he would be dropped... [/b]

I wouldnt say by far but he did stand out however he was playing with a team that was having a great season. Mealamus team wasnt doing so well but he still was a stand out player for blues imo. Plus when blues faced off against canes Mealamu was playing better in that game. It's pretty even.

Oh yeah I'm not looking foward to seeing Somerville get owned by Sheridan in the scrums. Somerville is 2 girls 1 cup cack when hes in the scrum. I could see the game being closer than it needs to be because Somervile will collapse the scrum I'm just hoping Sheridan will hold him up. It could be similar to the AUS vs ENG wc game except we will probably win. If Somerville doesnt collapse the scrum more than 2 times this game I will give every crusader fan I see a rep point except if ur a gay crusaders fan, you know who you are.

If Somerville doesnt collapse the scrum more than 2 times this game I will give every crusader fan I see a rep point except if ur a gay crusaders fan, you know who you are. [/b]

Awww thats just cold :lol:

Well I was gonna say yippeee but I think you are right....Sommerville will collapse more than twice. Trust Hayman and Co to take off up north.

I have my tickets in my hand now....yippee!!!! I have even bought something black to wear with my pink face paint :p

<div class='quotemain'> If Somerville doesnt collapse the scrum more than 2 times this game I will give every crusader fan I see a rep point except if ur a gay crusaders fan, you know who you are. [/b]

Awww thats just cold :lol:

Well I was gonna say yippeee but I think you are right....Sommerville will collapse more than twice. Trust Hayman and Co to take off up north.

I have my tickets in my hand now....yippee!!!! I have even bought something black to wear with my pink face paint :p

[/b][/quote]

Oops I didnt mean you gay guy lol but yeah I think I have a pretty safe bet on my hands. i know Mealamu and obviously Woodcock will hold their own but I can't say the same for Somerville. Im just glad butt sex buddies John Mitchell and Robbie deans arent coaching us otherwise crusader players would jerk them off to get into the starting lineup.

Latest posts