• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand vs England

Ultimately this game is a kind of 1st vs second though you know... In that England are the highest ranked NH side (globally 5th) and NZ being the second highest ranked SH side (and second in the world at large).
I mean, I know in reality it's 2 v 5th, but still, considering how 'sub-standard' the S14 is compared to the glorious Guinness premiership, combined with the new 'mickey mouse' ELVs (I'm conveying the opinions of British rugby pundit Stephen Jones here), England should surely have too much class. Right? :p .
[/b]

Thats exactly right. I have always said since the beginning of the year that we are going in as massive underdogs.

I hope we win but England are f***ing world class so we might have to settle for a close loss. As long as we try our best against a team with extremely high standards I will be happy.

You know I actually really love these England V All Blacks games... I mean us Aussies, though we don't always like to admit it, generally have a lot of respect for the All Blacks, and we share a mutual dislike of England, so when these games come around I almost become a passionate All Blacks supporter lol.

<div class='quotemain'>
Ultimately this game is a kind of 1st vs second though you know... In that England are the highest ranked NH side (globally 5th) and NZ being the second highest ranked SH side (and second in the world at large).
I mean, I know in reality it's 2 v 5th, but still, considering how 'sub-standard' the S14 is compared to the glorious Guinness premiership, combined with the new 'mickey mouse' ELVs (I'm conveying the opinions of British rugby pundit Stephen Jones here), England should surely have too much class. Right? :p .
[/b]

Thats exactly right. I have always said since the beginning of the year that we are going in as massive underdogs.

I hope we win but England are f***ing world class so we might have to settle for a close loss. As long as we try our best against a team with extremely high standards I will be happy. [/b][/quote]

A close loss???? Come on get real! We aren't even gonna get enough possession to muster up a close loss. Our S14 ELV style has turned the SANZAR nations into power puff girls....the AB's will be struggling to even get 4 phases together after their touch rugby style ELV season. England have too much class and power and will pummel the AB's back into the ground of Eden never to return.

I am hoping that.most of the AB's get something out of the game....some sort of sign that all is not lost. We were so lucky that Ireland didn't beat us last week when they had us under pressure for those long phases. so lucky that Ireland didn't score when their Munster pack was powering the power puff AB forwards back on their bums.

I am just hoping for a respectable score at best....really not looking forward to an embaressment at hime.

[/b]

I love how the whole 'Guinness premiership is far superior to the backwater Super 14's' and 'ELV's are destroying the game, taking out forward play' rhetoric is starting to fizzle out now that the internationals have started.

Considering the fact that the sanzar teams have had about two-three weeks to get some moves together, the NH teams 'should' be clear favourites. Then again, they could pull something out of the bag this weekend (i'm looking at you Ireland), but we'll have to just wait and see.

Looking forward to see how this new-look kiwi front-three goes against the likes of Sheridan.

I mean us Aussies, though we don't always like to admit it, generally have a lot of respect for the All Blacks, and we share a mutual dislike of England, so when these games come around I almost become a passionate All Blacks supporter lol.[/b]
The Aussies, the All Blacks, and the rest of the world...

I'll be like a child on Christmas morning tomorrow when I open my web browser to check the final score. :p

<div class='quotemain'>I mean us Aussies, though we don't always like to admit it, generally have a lot of respect for the All Blacks, and we share a mutual dislike of England, so when these games come around I almost become a passionate All Blacks supporter lol.[/b]

I'll be like a child on Christmas morning tomorrow when I open my web browser to check the final score. :p
[/b][/quote]
They like us in Barbados!! dont they?

I'm just hoping the English Backs don't run circles around our Backs. I mean, look at the proven talent in there back line!

There's Cipr... wait. Oh! There's Wilki... Oh...

Well...

<div class='quotemain'>I mean us Aussies, though we don't always like to admit it, generally have a lot of respect for the All Blacks, and we share a mutual dislike of England, so when these games come around I almost become a passionate All Blacks supporter lol.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

i'll be down the local with a nice pint of... coffee. f***in' timezones...

<div class='quotemain'>To be fair Barbados are too chilled out to even bother about disliking anyone.[/b]
They hate Belarusians though. You'd be surprised.
[/b][/quote]
evryone likes the Welsh till they live next door to the ********! :D

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I hope we win but England are f***ing world class so we might have to settle for a close loss. As long as we try our best against a team with extremely high standards I will be happy. [/b][/quote]

A close loss???? Come on get real! We aren't even gonna get enough possession to muster up a close loss. Our S14 ELV style has turned the SANZAR nations into power puff girls....the AB's will be struggling to even get 4 phases together after their touch rugby style ELV season. England have too much class and power and will pummel the AB's back into the ground of Eden never to return.

I am hoping that.most of the AB's get something out of the game....some sort of sign that all is not lost. We were so lucky that Ireland didn't beat us last week when they had us under pressure for those long phases. so lucky that Ireland didn't score when their Munster pack was powering the power puff AB forwards back on their bums.

I am just hoping for a respectable score at best....really not looking forward to an embaressment at hime.

[/b][/quote] wtf? :huh: i'm confused. u guys r playin around right? or have i missed something in the news lately????

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>To be fair Barbados are too chilled out to even bother about disliking anyone.[/b]
They hate Belarusians though. You'd be surprised.
[/b][/quote]
evryone likes the Welsh till they live next door to the ********! :D [/b][/quote]
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote] wtf? :huh: i'm confused. u guys r playin around right? or have i missed something in the news lately???? [/b][/quote]

Me too, Im not eliminating the possibilty of us losing but damn, these guys are acting like we are the underdogs or something. Or Daniel carter and Richie McCaw must have died or something. I dunno maybe they dislike graham henry???? Remember guys Tana Umaga hated John Mitchell and hated Robbie deans even more he would have made no difference to the ABs.

Now, Munster fans, please observe an interesting version of forwards play from England in the first 20 instead of the dead ball crap that your team ruined the HEC final with.

Thank you.

In other news, that was quality defence from Kano with the Strettle tackle.

Has anyone got a link to the lineup for both teams? Cannot seem to find one around. Also, kickoff time would be nice!

Cheers

It kicked off here UK time about 8.30am i think. I saw it on sky briefly this morning.

Latest posts