• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Newcastle Falcons Coaching Staff Sacked

F

falconsfan

This is the falcons official statement from the website

Newcastle Falcons Club Statement
aa%20badge.jpg
11 March 2008, 1:48 pmNewcastle Falcons have today parted company with director of rugby John Fletcher and forwards coach Peter Walton, by mutual consent.Falcons chairman, Dave Thompson, said: “I would like to place on record my thanks to John and Peter, and to wish them well for the future.

“Coaching and technical director, Steve Bates, will take charge of team affairs on an interim basis until the end of the season, assisted by Ian Peel.â€

Bates takes charge having rejoined the Falcons in the summer of 2007, with the former England scrum half having been on the Falcons’ coaching staff during their 1997/8 Premiership-winning campaign and the 2001 Tetley’s Bitter Cup triumph.

Having spent three years as director of rugby at Scottish side Border Reivers, where he achieved Heineken Cup qualification on the lowest budget in the competition, Bates coached Scotland ‘A’ to Churchill Cup victory over England in 2006 before returning to Kingston Park as coaching and technical director.

This season has also seen Bates take charge as head coach of the England Saxons side, where he has enjoyed a 100 per cent record thus far.

I can't see the point of sacking your coaching staff two thirds though the season

And on top of this our fly-half gets dropped from the england team

:%#%#: :%#%#:

Hopefully it should soften you up for us this weekend, but you know what they say about a wounded beast...

...as for your FH getting dropped, he deserved it although he's not the only one who should have gone.

Latest posts