• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Texans for the ***le!

41797_185005673132_2698813_n.jpg

Not funny ... cannot believe Dallas lost a 24 point lead. Unbelievable.

Watched that game. Incredible collapse, saw a stat that in 20-odd mins of play Detroit outscored Dallas 31-3 or something.

Not an NFL highlight a CFL one but Chris Milo of the Saskatchewan Roughriders tied the longest punt in CFL history(and possibly in gridiron history) with a 108 yard punt this last weekend in windy Regina( the roll is incredible as well as the distance of the regular kick), he actually gets a point for his team with it as well due to the single point rule in the CFL.

As for the NFL looks like a new crop of teams rising to the top the Lions along with my Bills are making waves, Indianapolis looks as though they could be headed to one of the worst seasons in the history of the League though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playoffs have started now. Texans beat Bengals although I don't see them going much further. My Saints beat the Lions again, NY Giants battered the Falcons, the defensive line for the Giants are going to be key if they can get to the Superbowl. And Tebow-mania grows bigger each day, they asked him to throw it and he did, 300+ yards plus the winning TD on first play in OT. I still don't rate him, ok so he threw for all those yards but his completion % was around 50% which isn't a top level QB %.

You need to hail 'Tebowism' and get 'Tebowing'.

Tim Tebow is probably the worst QB I have ever seen yet he still manages to win games, still the Bills defence molested him a few weeks back returing two interceptions back for touchdowns in two consecutive plays from scrimmage, going 10 for 21 in a playoff game is pretty terrible he's lucky the Steelers taclking was sloppy and his receivers can move. Patriots cream them this weekend.

I think Baltimore are a serious dark horse to win it all, Houston has played well as you say Iain but I agree they have probably gotten as far as they can. My game of the weekend is Saints vs. 49ers great offence vs. great defence. I hate New York football teams so I hope the Giants get knocked out but I can see them being a thorn in Green Bay's side.

SF v Saints is the standout game, a red hot offence meeting one of the top defences. If it was in Louisiana I'd say easy Saints win. Away I'd still go for a Saints win because Brees is the better qb with the better offence.

NY v GB is another top game, NY stopped Atlanta in their tracks last weekend and Green Bay have one of the worst defences so Eli, Cruz, Manningham could have a big day. I think Green Bay will outscore them.

Denver v NE. Can see this being a blowout, NE have also got a poor defence though but the Patriots battered Denver in regular season and the fact it's at NE will make it all the more tougher.

Houston v Baltimore. A tough game, on paper Baltimore are favourites if just be defence only. Flacco hasn't lived up to his potential and he can be inconsistent. Houston have nothing to lose really. Think the Ravens will win but only just

For Tebow lovers:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gAIQWzW1MIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Tebow got crushed 45-10 for the Patriots LOL, although I was mostly watching UFC instead. The Saints vs. 49ers was a good game though.

Could have been a lot more, the game was won by the half. That game showed the gulf between Tebow and Brady, that said in that 1st half Brady looked godly, hardly missed a beat apart from that one pick he threw.

Saints problem was the SF defence didn't let Brees settle, he couldnt get into any sort of rhythm until the 3rd. Main reason it was close was SF only went something like 2-13 on 3rd downs, it shouldnt really have been that close to be fair. Very exciting game though

Could have been a lot more, the game was won by the half. That game showed the gulf between Tebow and Brady, that said in that 1st half Brady looked godly, hardly missed a beat apart from that one pick he threw.

Saints problem was the SF defence didn't let Brees settle, he couldnt get into any sort of rhythm until the 3rd. Main reason it was close was SF only went something like 2-13 on 3rd downs, it shouldnt really have been that close to be fair. Very exciting game though

San Francisco should get out their pom poms and cheer for the Giants today, I think they will be hard pressed to go into Green Bay during January should the Packers advance.

Lot of players let down Brees last night. Yes he threw a few interceptions but in reality the special teams and offensive players killed the Saints with constant fumbling.

Conference finals start Sunday with Baltimore visiting New England and the Giants being hosted by the 49ers. I think the home teams should be favourites but I would give the Giants a bigger chance at the upset victory their defence is quite strong. Baltimore does not travel well and New England is the more complete team.

Im going to stump for a Ravens upset here, they have by far the better defense so will give Flacco plenty of goes to get their offence going. Look for Boldin to have a big game. In the other one I think the Giants will do it, theyre the hottest in the playoffs in terms of form plus they have Eli Manning who is better away from NY in playoffs.

Bal 21 - 17 NE
NYG 30 - SF 24

I want a Ravens-NYG Superbowl tbh.. what I'm going for aswell as long as Ravens D shuts down Brady it "should" go well for em..

then out of those two Ravens to win it tbh, I wish I could say Packers off to the SB again though :p

What a way to lose not only the game, but the season. Especially when the Ravens were the better team I thought. Brady was out thrown, no TDs and a couple of interceptions. Flatmates happy, he's a new Nfl and Patriots fan

Some bizarre coaching/play calling and clock management from Baltmores coaching staff. And Cundiff could find himself on Unemployment Insurance.

Urgh ... so many things to complain unlcuky for Raves. Gutted for Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Ricky Williams.

Latest posts