• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Didn't realise Ray Finkle played for the Ravens

lacesout-258x300.jpg

Didn't realise Ray Finkle played for the Ravens

lacesout-258x300.jpg

Ironically though the hold wasn't that bad, if anything the ball should have slid right rather then left. He just shanked it.

Lots of people saying that's this decades Bill Buckner moment

This is the worst missed kick in NFL history, took a playoff spot away from his team.

So the Superbowl is a rematch of several years ago with the Patriots and the Giants meeting up. I think New England takes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow 49ers Punt Returner cost them big time last night.

Not a night for the losing teams Special Teams.

The collective US media are...er...pitching a tent over the rematch. Think the Giants will win it again, they have a better all round game. Eli is in good form and the defence is more than a match for Brady.

Mind you if Wilfork has a monster game, then you would be hardpress to see the Giants winning it.

I think the domed Stadium plays into the Patriots game plan as well, weather will not be a factor.

Its Superbowl night. I can't wait. Have a feeling this could go down as an all time classic match. Gone for a Giants win by 13-18.

Four games of rugby, one match of football and now the super bowl. The Mrs is pis%^d off. Ive had a great weekend :D

As a Cowboys fan I am hoping for a Pats win. I can't stand the Giants, they have played some pretty poor football this season.

I only hope that Rob Gronkowski is fit. This boy is an animal.

After going to Wembley last year I am thinking of going again, anyone else going, or been? As a 49ers fan it was OKish, I liked the occasion, but its more for the laughs and beer, but should be another good one!

St. Louis wil be playing in the London game for a few years in a row since their attendance and team are awful, you might still get to see them play a decent opponent though.

St. Louis wil be playing in the London game for a few years in a row since their attendance and team are awful, you might still get to see them play a decent opponent though.

Got New England in October. I'm going, gonna be off the hook

Yeah its a shame it is St Louis, but like you said it is because they don't sell out every time.

Still a good day out drinking beer, hope the squirrel makes an appearance again!!

Yeah its a shame it is St Louis, but like you said it is because they don't sell out every time.

Still a good day out drinking beer, hope the squirrel makes an appearance again!!

My team the Bills had some pretty horrible late season attendance numbers as well, I think a few teams in the NFL have been so bad for so long now that people are starting not to go to the games.

My team the Bills had some pretty horrible late season attendance numbers as well, I think a few teams in the NFL have been so bad for so long now that people are starting not to go to the games.

Ticket prices are high and most games are on the box. So that is a factor but also the lockout did not help either.

Next season looks an interesting one now that Manning has been cut.

Ticket prices are high and most games are on the box. So that is a factor but also the lockout did not help either.

Next season looks an interesting one now that Manning has been cut.

This is a great point Cymro especially with the TV coverage becoming nothing short of amazing(except for too frequent commercial breaks).

As well many cities haven't yet recovered from the economic downturn, Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit amongst others have all been hit hard by the decline in manufacturing. Even cities and teams like Miami and Jacksonville have felt the pinch and it can be seen in the stands.

This is a great point Cymro especially with the TV coverage becoming nothing short of amazing(except for too frequent commercial breaks).

As well many cities haven't yet recovered from the economic downturn, Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit amongst others have all been hit hard by the decline in manufacturing. Even cities and teams like Miami and Jacksonville have felt the pinch and it can be seen in the stands.

No denying that.

I still feel next season will be a one to watch. Lot of teams going to get freshened up this off season. Will be interesting.

Latest posts